Customer Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Service

Anyone else in a job that requires customer service, either currently or in the past? I currently work in an amusement park. I imagine most people have, most jobs require some degree of customer interaction..

Anyways, i thought i would post a thread where we could all share our customer service experiences, both good and bad, and general info/advice, pet peeves, etc..

One thing ill say is customer service has definitely helped me look at the world from a sellers point of view. Im always gracious and courteous when i purchase something and never fly off the handle if the line at home depot or whatever takes a little while.

I think the worst story i have is what happened a year ago. I was selling this guy some entrance tickets (he was with a big family of 7-8, he was pakistani). He disagreed with the price i was quoting him and thought i was ripping him off. He says that he is going to another window (which wouldnt do anything), so i make a quick remark to my coworker next to me to "watch out for them". It was more of watching out for his personality because i know people from pakistan/india can get very pushy and aggressive when they dont get what they want. (Im from india myself so i know the type perfectly). He proceeds to chew me out loudly for the next 10 minutes, asking if i am a manager and that i do this because i dont like him and a bunch of nonsensical rubish. At first i was amused because he looked like a fool but i came close to yelling at him because getting yelled at for 10 minutes straight is not pleasant whatsoever. Needless to say i was extremely pissed off for the rest of the day.

Anyways, thats just some story/comments i have, anyone have their own stories/comments?

I work at a grocery store, but I don't know where anything is so I basically just tell everyone to ask someone else.

Comment

I spent a good chunk of last year as a late night pizza chef here in the city, so I had to interact with some thoroughly frustrating people. On my second day I had two very drunk men with a kid who were trying to tell me (for almost 30 minutes) that since I had initially given them the wrong change (which I immediately corrected), I owed them a free pizza. During my second week I had to chase out a homeless man who had stolen someone's slice. The list goes on for ages.

The only real piece of advice is that people are endlessly stupid. They will ask questions that have already been answered. They will insist that they deserve special treatment. They will act towards you in a way that they wouldn't act towards anyone who wasn't being paid to take their crap. So either develop some patience or stop working retail.

Comment

I once worked a Wal Mart seasonal position when I graduated from High School. In 1998. About 20 feet from the register I worked at they had a bin full of these Xmas puppy dogs that, when squeezed, would sing the all time classic hit "Who let the dogs out?".

I remember those things going off about 2323523 times a shift and me continually swearing that the next time someone pushes one of those ******* things I was gonna set that bin on fire.

I havent worked in customer service since.

Comment

Well i work at a convenience store and i actually have a really funny story from today.

This 55-60 year old white guy came in, and said he needed a propane tank exchange

So i go out to get the new tank and he comes out and is like, "y'all got all the shapely bitches in there"

It was awkward so i just shook if off and said "ah yea i guess"

so he says "woo god damn"

and then when i went back inside he said "yo thanks brra" real gangsta like

made my day

Comment

I as well work at a grocery store and I hate 2 type of customers. Ones that come LATE with 30 minutes before closing this causing me to not close early and ones that are told by me and others we are sold out on a product yet want me to check the back if we have any.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGaRKsu0KOM

OK, it's in Italian I think but if you've seen the classic you'd understand

"Say, you got hubcaps for a '72 Pinto?"

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

i hate people, they have ******** problems and force them on underpayed employees. just cause you're an idiot and can't figure out how to put something together doesn't mean its defective. a big flippin of the bird to all the consumers out there. you are the reason i quit my last job.

Hitman D

Comment

my junior year in high school, i worked at target. i got fired. i would usually do stuff like the black guy in 40 year old virgin.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                    my junior year in high school, i worked at target. i got fired. i would usually do stuff like the black guy in 40 year old virgin.

Yeah, I usually strive to do just enough to not get fired, because I don't want that on my resume.

Comment

when I worked at Petsmart, all I did was stock shelves but people would ask me questions about their animals expecting me to know. and it wasnt stuff like what should I feed them but rather stuff they should see a vet about and when I didnt know the answer they would think I was an asshole or something

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I used to work at a large grocery store chain but I had to quit. It really makes you see the absolute worst in people and makes you go crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                          I used to work at a large grocery store chain but I had to quit. It really makes you see the absolute worst in people and makes you go crazy.
                          Wegmans?!

The greatest!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                            Wegmans?!

The greatest!
                            How'd you know? Towards the end of my time there, I was literally going crazy. People take advantage of you so bad there because Wegmans prides itself on their customer service. AKA the workers there are slave bitches.

Comment

Jesus.. I work at KFC. People are just insanely stupid and ignorant. They either can't read or they don't care to. They ask moronic questions. I didn't know how much I hated people until I worked there. I am on the brink of insanity.

Though it has helped my sense of humor. You just have to laugh at these idiots.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information