Ghetto & D-Unit's Combo NBA Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghetto & D-Unit's Combo NBA Mock

Ghetto (STRIP) and I have decided to do a LIVE NBA forum mock which will include the full 2 rounds. I'll take the odds, he'll take the evens. I expect the pace of this to be pretty slow. Comments are welcomed throughout the mock. First post will be kept updated.

Round 1

1. Chicago Bulls :: G Derrick Rose :: Memphis
    2. Miami Heat: F:Michael Beasley: Kansas State
    3. Minnesota Timberwolves :: C DeAndre Jordan :: Texas A&M
    4. Seattle: PG/SG: Jerryd Bayless, Arizona
    5. Memphis Grizzlies :: C Brook Lopez :: Stanford
    6. New York Knicks :: SF Danilo Gallinari :: Italy
    7. Los Angeles Clippers :: G OJ Mayo :: USC
    8. Milwaukee Bucks :: SF/PF Anthony Randolph :: LSU
    9. Charlotte Bobcats :: PF Kevin Love :: UCLA
    10. New Jersey Nets :: PF/C Javale Mcgee :: Nevada
    11. Indiana Pacers :: SG Eric Gordon :: Indiana
    12. Sacramento Kings :: PG DJ Augustin :: Texas
    13. Portland Trailblazers :: SF Joe Alexander :: West Virginia
    14. Golden State Warriors :: PG Russell Westbrook :: UCLA
    15. Phoenix Suns :: SG/SF Brandon Rush :: Kansas
    16. Philadelphia 76ers :: PF Darrell Arthur :: Kansas
    17. Toronto Raptors :: C Kosta Koufos :: Ohio State
    18. Washington Wizards :: PF Joey Dorsey :: Memphis
    19. Cleveland Cavaliers :: SG Chris Douglas-Roberts :: Memphis
    20. Denver Nuggets :: SG/SF Nicolas Batum :: France
    21. New Jersey Nets :: SF/PF Donte Greene :: Syracuse
    22. Orlando Magic :: PF Marreese Speights ::: Florida
    23. Utah Jazz :: SG/SF Chase Budinger :: Arizona
    24. Seattle Sonics:: PF Jason Thompson :: Rider
    25. Houston Rockets :: SF Bill Walker :: Kansas State
    26. San Antonio Spurs :: PG Goran Dragic :: Slovenia
    27. New Orleans Hornets :: G/F Courtney Lee :: Western Kentucky
    28. Memphis Grizzlies:: F James Gist :: University of Maryland
    29. Detroit Pistons :: PF Serge Jonas Ibaka :: Congo
    30. Boston Celtics :: PG Mario Chalmers :: Kansas

Round 2

31. Minnesota Timberwolves :: PG Tywon Lawson :: North Carolina
    32. Seattle Sonics :: C Roy Hibbert :: Georgetown
    33. Portland Trailblazers :: PF/C Robin Lopez :: Stanford
    34. Minnesota T'wolves :: PF DJ White :: Indiana
    35. Los Angeles Clippers :: PF/C Nathan Jawai :: Australia
    36. Portland TrailBlazers :: SF Davon Jefferson :: USC
    37. Milwaukee Bucks :: SG Shan Foster :: Vanderbilt
    38. Charlotte Bobcats :: PF/C Devon Hardin :: Cal
    39. Chicago Bulls :: PF/C Alexis Ajinca :: France
    40. New Jersey Nets:: SG Sonny Weems :: Arkansas
    41. Indiana Pacers :: PF Richard Hendrix :: Alabama
    42. Sacramento Kings :: PF Othello Hunter:: Ohio State
    43. Sacramento Kings :: SG J.R. Giddens :: New Mexico
    44. Utah Jazz :: SG Richard Roby :: Colorado
    45. San Antonio Spurs :: G Lester Hudson :: Tennessee Martin
    46. Seattle? Supersonics:: F Patrick Ewing Jr. :: Georgetown
    47. Washington Wizards :: G Jamont Gordon :: Mississippi
    48. Phoenix Suns :: SF Will Daniels :: Rhode Island
    49. Golden State Warriors :: G/F Gary Forbes :: UMass
    50. Seattle Sonics:: PF Ryan Anderson:: Cal
    51. Dallas Mavericks :: SG Wayne Ellington :: North Carolina
    52. Miami Heat:: PG Mike Taylor: Idaho Stampede(NBDL)
    53. Utah Jazz :: PF/C Nikola Pekovic :: Montenegro
    54. Houston Rockets :: C John Riek:: High School(Eligible for draft, prep school)
    55. Portland Trailblazers :: G Kyle Weaver :: Washington St

1. Chicago Bulls :: G Derrick Rose :: Memphis
    At this point, I'm fairly convinced John Paxson will select Derrick Rose. The Chicago media is already pressuring the Bulls to select Rose and trade Hinrich. Hinrich has his fair share of critics in Chicago so trading him is easier than figuring out what to do with Tyrus Thomas should Beasley be the pick. Taking Beasley at #1 would admit Paxson failed on his Thomas selection. Rose may actually do Pax a favor if he can help Thomas become the player the Bulls envisioned. Rose will also be a better compliment to Ben Gordon as he improves the size of the Bulls backcourt.
    Last edited by D-Unit; 06-03-2008, 07:22 PM.

Nice, this should be fun to follow. No surprise at 1.

Comment

I just realized his acronym would be STRIP. That's actually kind of cool. But once Ghetto, always Ghetto...
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

This is going to be good! :D [waits impatiently]

Comment

2. Miami Heat: F:Michael Beasley: Kansas State
          I know OJ Mayo, whatever, if the Heat keep the 2nd pick they are not taking Mayo over Beasley, or Rose for that matter, and that's just the truth. There is a good chance Shawn Marion is not back in Miami, and even if he is, they still go Michael Beasley. Beasley would give the Heat a bona fide #2 scorer to Dwade with the ability to take over offensively at any time. The Heat are in dire need of some wins, and Beasley is an instant contributer.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Anyone think OJ's stock is droppig because of the scandal thingy? Nice pick btw

I dont follow BB enough to know

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

the only problem with Beasley and Wade in Miami would be that Marion would feel slighted again and reek havoc in the club house, we know he doesn't like being the 3rd option

Comment

3. Minnesota Timberwolves :: C DeAndre Jordan :: Texas A&M
                Is it too late for Jordan to recover his draft stock? He was once a consideration for the Top 3, but poor production has caused a free fall. NBA scouts are not clueless however, and those in the business long enough, know that the college game is not suited for big men to excel in. Chad Ford has already been criticized for putting Jordan too low in his own mock draft. No one is saying he's a top 3 pick now, but watch this story carefully. I expect Jordan's stock to continue to rise this high leading up to the draft. Just remember where you heard it first. ;) His combination of size and athleticism exceeds that of all the true Center prospects in this draft. With a good dose of NBA schooling and conditioning, Jordan can thrive in the NBA where big men are utilized better.

Comment

This actually isn't the first place I've heard Jordan going third overall, and I believe I told people of it a couple days ago (might have been elsewhere). But I'll be sure to give you credit. lol
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

I love Jordan just as much as anyone, but I don't see the Wolves going after him unless they trade down. The Wolves need someone that can give them decent production every night and early and I believe that leaves the pick down to Lopez or Mayo. Props to McHale if he does it though because he's taking a BIG picture approach

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Seattle: PG/SG: Jerryd Bayless, Arizona
                      To me if he is here, this is a no brainer. While Bayless is not the purest of points, and is more of a scorer, he is capable at running the point and adding him to the Sonics young solid nucleus, will only make them better. He should average 15+ ppg from his first season in the league. Look for them to address the front line or maybe even take a more pure point like Chalmers at #24.

Comment

5. Memphis Grizzlies :: C Brook Lopez :: Stanford
                        Poor Grizzlies. The lottery has been more unkind to them than any team in the NBA. Yes, I have them passing on OJ Mayo. Simply put, they are fine at that position and would be better served addressing another position or weakness. Mayo is somewhat of a prima dona and the last thing the Grizzlies want is to be trapped in another Steve Francis draft fiasco. Between Mike Conley, Kyle Lowrey, Javaris Crittenton, and Juan Carlos Navarro, the Grizzlies have enough young talent to cultivate at the Point Guard position and if they want a SG, there are better pure SG options out there and Mike Miller wouldn't be useated by Mayo anyways. Don't tell me that Miller should play SF because Rudy *** has that position locked up. Bottom line is Memphis is ok in the backcourt and on the wings. It's their frontcourt that lacks substance. Hakim Warrick is a nice sub of the bench, but nothing more. Darko will never be a starting Center on a winning team. Lopez isn't a sure thing, but he's the best option remaining. That said don't be surprised if Kevin Love isn't the selection. It was very close for me. I'm just not bold enough to pull the trigger on that one just yet.

Comment

Sorry guys I have to head on out, but D can make his next pick and it will leave more suspense till tomorrow and more discussion on the picks so far, anyways:

6. New York Knicks: Danilo Gallinari: SF, Italy
                          I considered 3 guys here, Anthony Randolph, OJ Mayo, and Danilo Gallinari. Randolph would be a nice fit because his athleticism but I think he would be eaten up by New York fans. He will take a ton of time to develop and I think the fans would stunt his growth expecting him to contribute his first few years, if he goes to New York he can end up being like fellow LSU top 5 picks Stromile Swift and Tyrus Thomas. Mayo although appearing to be a perfect New York Knicks pick, I just don't like the fit. Another combo guard who only wants to shoot, although his value here is good. In the end I went with the Euro sharpshooter who has been 100x better in Italy than Bargnani ever was, and he figures to be much better in the pros than Andrea. Gallinari has good size and offensive skill, add to that his father played with D'Antoni, and D'Antoni has a hard on for Euro's, and you have the perfect fit.
                          Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 05-27-2008, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I like the Jordan pick a lot more than Lopez. I wonder how he would compliment Jefferson.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good work so far guys, agree with the Rose pick...With Tyrus Thoma I think about Chandler and CP3, a great point guard makes an athletic guy like him so valuable, as wellas being dynamic passer and scorer I don't see any way he doesn't make Gordon, Deng, and Thomas all much better players then they are...You can't get a much better fit then that.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information