Book discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book discussion thread

Thought i would start a thread where we could all discuss what we were reading...

Im currently reading Double Cross by James Patterson. Its pretty good so far, but i just started it. I just finished reading The Stand by Stephen King, which was a massive 1153 pages long, so its kind of a relief to read a 300 page book now.

Im almost done

Great ook so far, completely different from all other History books that I have read, it really gets a perspective from the people who were living through the cold war.

Before that I read

I read it when I was young, and I decided that I should re-read it, and it was definately worth reading it again, I had a whole different perspective on it after reading it again. Definately one of my favourite books.

Comment

Just an awesome book.

Comment

Just got done with Chuck Palahniuk's Snuff. Sort of a novella but great nonetheless.

Also just finished Freakonomics. Very interesting read.

Currently reading The Other Hollywood. It is incredible so far.

Comment

I've never been an autobiography fan in the most part but am definitely stuck on John Peels' Margrave of the Marshes

Unfortunately he died before it was finished. I havent been able to put it down yet.
          What if everyone simultaneously disobeys?
          It aint a game if no one plays, oh.

Comment

I am not reading it now, but heres probably my favorite book:

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Currently reading:

Highly recommend both books. They can help shape your life and give you a new outlook on how to live.
              Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I am currently reading this...

I just finished this for school...

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                  my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                  But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I didn't like Freakonomics. I thought it was kind of telling my stuff I already knew... also I felt like they were just preaching the Protestant work ethic.

I'm reading:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Great Book.
                      Also would recommend The Great Gatsby and The Fountainhead.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Harry Potter FTW! :D

for real though

Just finished reading 1984 and Farenheit 451 they both were really good but I like Farenheit 451 a little more.

Comment

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

not reading anything right now, but I recomend everyone read some of Christopher Moore's book. Amazing, and histerical.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Reading the Foundation series for the millionth time.

Still the best science fiction series ever written.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information