Laptop Cooling Pad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Cooling Pad

I often use my laptop in bed and it gets incredibly hot, i was wondering if anyone knew of any inexpensive laptop cooling pads that would prevent my lap from burning.

A blanket.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah that works for five minutes. Then the blanket heats up

Comment

I actually just bought one from Best Buy for 33 bucks because I was having sort of the same problem, so that's a possible solution.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

what brand? and does it work well/quietly?

Comment

Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
            what brand? and does it work well/quietly?
            It's a Belkin, and it has worked so far/has been pretty quiet. Here's the Amazon page for a better explanation of it:
            http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F5L001-.../dp/B000NWIOM6

And as I find that, I realize that I overpayed for it(but I had a gift card so it doesn't really matter).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Really.

To be brutally honest. This is a great thing to have if you keep your laptop in your lap, for guys. Damaging your nuts due to heat is the last thing you'd want to do.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4078895.stm
              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

First of all, you want to have some sort of lap desk/board so that you have a hard surface underneath it. Those are really cheap. Then you could check out Best Buy or any other place that carries electronics and get one for around $30.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

I have a targus cooling pad for my laptop...it is pretty much just 2 fans blowing on the laptop and a plastic board, it works great though.

Mine also came with a USB power thing (the pad also is a 4 usb port hub)

I got it at best buy

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                    I have a targus cooling pad for my laptop...it is pretty much just 2 fans blowing on the laptop and a plastic board, it works great though.

I got it at best buy

I just got something very similar to that, and it seems to be doing the job fairly well. Thanks for the input everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                      Really.

To be brutally honest. This is a great thing to have if you keep your laptop in your lap, for guys. Damaging your nuts due to heat is the last thing you'd want to do.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4078895.stm
                      what if I dont want kids?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post

I got it at best buy

Do you have problems with the cable plugs though? I have a Targus and the plug doesn't make a good connection so the fans cut in and out a lot. My brother also has a Targus and has the same problem. When it's working, it's a great thing though.

Comment

easier idea when laying in bed put it on top of your chest and lay down your nuts and penise are free from excessive heat and free to be used in other ways. IF you don't have a shirt on between you and your laptop your asking for burn marks.

I heard Apple Laptops get really hot

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                            I heard Apple Laptops get really hot
                            But they're awesome.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information