Colleges Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colleges Thread

I know there was one before but its old so I was thinking of starting a new one. A thread for people to talk about what college they are going to, what college they went to and what there experience was like and what to expect and can give out advice, or for high school students at me just starting to look at colleges.

Anyone here a sports management major? I am going to be a junior in high school next year and soon I will start looking at colleges like mid year and I am most likely going to look at a school with a good sports management program. Last year my average was a B/B+ and next year I am going to do a lot better because my math will be easier and I am also in extra curricular programs.

This page here can probably help you:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...light=colleges

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Delta State University.

Yeah, you prolly never heard of it unless you just happened to catch us a couple of years ago on ESPN2 in the DIII National Championship (football of course). DSU usually is one of the top teams in baseball and football, and I hear we have one of the best aquatics center in the nation (but I've never been in it...)

I have a 2.35 GPA with two years left til I can get my management degree.

My advice: Just do the work. Party, have fun, but just make sure you do the work and go to class.

I lost my scholarship after the first year because I skipped too many classes, mainly because I couldn't get up at 8AM because I partied til 4AM. Other than that, I slacked up on my work, got behind, and didn't do a good job catching up.

Really wish I had that scholarship now....

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

Yeah, as ridiculous as it sounds, the best advice i could give anyone going into college is to go to class. You'd be surprised how much you could miss.

I'm almost gonna graduate with my degree in Finance from the University of Texas Pan-American ;)

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Yeah, as ridiculous as it sounds, the best advice i could give anyone going into college is to go to class. You'd be surprised how much you could miss.

I'm almost gonna graduate with my degree in Finance from the University of Texas Pan-American ;)
          I can't agree with you enough. Honestly, just GO TO CLASS, and you'll be perfectly fine. If you don't then you'll suck. Trust me.

Comment

Sophomore at UB, yeah go BULLS!!!! I hate my school

Comment

Are you guys talking about lectures or recitations? Cause I'd argue there are plenty of lectures where you won't learn anything much and the little you do learn you could've gotten through reading through the slides and then harrassing your prof.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                Are you guys talking about lectures or recitations? Cause I'd argue there are plenty of lectures where you won't learn anything much and the little you do learn you could've gotten through reading through the slides and then harrassing your prof.
                Well ya, but my I had a chronic attendance problem. Ya dig?

Comment

Well for those of us that are actually past the basics, all lectures are important.

Comment

Going to class helps alot. I usually attend class and only do homework. I dont do the usual recommended reading. Its one of the other: 1. do the reading regularly 2. go to class. This is of course if you want a good grade and all.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      Well ya, but my I had a chronic attendance problem. Ya dig?
                      Depends on the class, I didn't show up to a single lecture for either of m chems and still got a b and an a thanks to powerpoints and labs.

Well for those of us that are actually past the basics, all lectures are important.
                      Aren't most people on here just entering college, so wouldn't they all be about to face the basics, if so why give them advice on things thye don't have to worry about yet. Plus I took one 300 level class and have 2 this coming semester so we'll see how important lectures are in "non-basic" classes.

Comment

Aren't most people on here just entering college, so wouldn't they all be about to face the basics, if so why give them advice on things thye don't have to worry about yet. Plus I took one 300 level class and have 2 this coming semester so we'll see how important lectures are in "non-basic" classes.
                        You also have to get into the habit of going to classes.

Going to the lectures isn't a 100% surefire way to pass the class and not going isn't 100% going to fail you.

I don't have many, if any, friends in college and I don't ask for help from anybody but my closest homeboys (none of who are in college, two didn't even graduate high school). So going to lectures is vital for me as far as finding out dates as well as getting the information.

I've noticed a HUGE difference in grades when not attending classes (1.94 GPA, academic probation, lost scholarship) and attending classes (from 1.94 to 2.35 in just one year, off academic probation, 2 A's and 2 B's in my last semester with harder classes).

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

Advice: do well junior year. I had my poorest academic year Junior year with like 3 B's in both semesters and I really think it hurt me. I had a 3.8 or something unweighted gpa overall but that really hurt for the top colleges like Rice I wanted to go to.

I'll be a freshman at Georgia Tech next year though. Any specific questions ask away brah, I'm sure everyone would be available to help. Oh and my friend was looking into Sports Business and Michigan was one of the only schools that offers this major. Personally I think it's a fairly worthless major, I urge you to broaden your view.
                          Originally posted by 7-11
                          Originally posted by Renji
                          Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
                          But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

I am taking Finance in summer school and wow there are a lot of formulas. These things get massive too.

Its been said but just going to class and remotely paying attention will at least get you a C. They will say enough questions and give you hints of questions for exams during class. I think college is easier than high school. You have a lot more homework but you will only have a couple of classes a day depending on how you make your schedule. I was done by 10:20am last semester on most days. I dont know how I ever woke up at 6:30 to be at class before the 7:25 bell rang during high school. 9:30 is now early for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                              I am taking Finance in summer school and wow there are a lot of formulas. These things get massive too.

Its been said but just going to class and remotely paying attention will at least get you a C. They will say enough questions and give you hints of questions for exams during class. I think college is easier than high school. You have a lot more homework but you will only have a couple of classes a day depending on how you make your schedule. I was done by 10:20am last semester on most days. I dont know how I ever woke up at 6:30 to be at class before the 7:25 bell rang during high school. 9:30 is now early for me.
                              Yep, well when you major in it, you have to take about 9 Finance classes, plus all your accounting ones. It's a b*tch.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information