New and Improved Country Music Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
    Any of you ***** listen to the Avett Brothers?
    I'm gonna check into them, I've seen a little bit of them, so i'm gonna check it out.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Just saw Brantly Gilbert, Luke Bryan, and Jamey Johnson this weekend. Brantly wasn't good the music was to loud and you couldn't understand what he was saying and I knew the songs. He is a local so i doubt anyone has heard of him. His songs are good when you listen to them online just not live. Luke was good, but I wished he would have song more songs of his 1st CD. Jamey was amazing as always.

Willie Nelson and Jake Owen friday i'm going to try and go.

Comment

• sooo craven country jamboree is coming up, whose all going?

.. i am :D

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Keith Whitley is great.

That is all.

Comment

• Just got Cross Canadian Ragweed recently, and they have two the the best songs ever. "Nymphomaniac" is one of those funny but so true songs. (Just off of the name you know its great) "Boys From Oklahoma" is amazing as well, two good songs that always get me in a good mood. Cross Canadian Ragweed is amazing, lots of great songs that I really like.

Darrell Worley is playing a free concert in a small Park near where I live on Saturday, so I'm going to go out and check that out.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
              Keith Whitley is great.

That is all.
              That name sounds familiar to me, what does he sing?

Comment

• EATW, Eric Church will be at Hershey Park June 21st. I might try to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                  That name sounds familiar to me, what does he sing?
                  Country.

Lol, jk jk, he used to do bluegrass, then he started writing some bad ass songs for Country.. Then he drank himself to death. Great music he made. This is my favorite song of his.. this style is the type of country music i can never get enough of.

Comment

• I'm not sure if I've said it in this thread yet, but Gary Allan is a great, great country singer. I swear at least 10 of his songs are in my top tier of favorites. For whatever reason, his style, lyrics, and voice just work every time for me. His Greatest Hits album is one of the best albums I have, all 16 songs are incredible, and his two most recent Albums, every song on them I like. The only exception is "Watching Airplanes", I was never really into that song, but it was the most popular of his recently.

Also, Wide Open by Jason Aldean is a great album. Everyone knows "She's Country", and it is one of my favorites on the radio right now, even still, but there are great songs such as "Wide Open" This I Gotta See", "Fast", "Crazy Town", "On My Highway", "Big Green Tractor", "The Truth", pretty much the whole thing, lol.

Also, the Eli Young Band's earlier Albums are very good as well, tons of great songs on them. I'd list them, but it'd take forever.

I also got some of the Lost Trailers earlier songs, they have a heavier rock influence, but it works well and I really like some of the songs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      EATW, Eric Church will be at Hershey Park June 21st. I might try to go.
                      I just saw that when I was looking into Worley's concert in Alburtis. (Its at Lock Ridge Park, if you're familiar with it. I have no idea why it is there, seems really wierd, lol)

Any time Eric Church is remotely within driving distance, my friend and I will do everything possible to be there. His concert at Croc Rock was just amazing, he is easily one of my favorite artists, and he hasn't been around long at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        Country.

Lol, jk jk, he used to do bluegrass, then he started writing some bad ass songs for Country.. Then he drank himself to death. Great music he made. This is my favorite song of his.. this style is the type of country music i can never get enough of.

I knew he was an older guy, didn't realize he had died though. I was just too lazy to google it. (What has life become when you are too lazy to google...?)

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                          I knew he was an older guy, didn't realize he had died though. I was just too lazy to google it. (What has life become when you are too lazy to google...?)
                          Yep, died really young too. That old type of country is my favorite, not that big of a fan of the new age stuff.

Comment

• Two singles jsut hitting the radio around me that I really like are
                            "I Want My Life Back" from Bucky Covington and
                            "Barefoot and Crazy" from Jack Ingram.

I laos got Jack Ingram's Album recently, This is It and that is a great, great album, I like his music a lot as well.

Comment

• One song getting a lot of plays on CMT "Don't Wake Me" by Love and Theft...

What is up with it? It doesn't really seem country sounding at all. I like it because of the lyrics, but there really isn't anything country about it. What are people's opinions of it?

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                                Any of you ***** listen to the Avett Brothers?
                                I listened to a couple of their songs, but am not real big into the bluegrass style of country.

I do really like the song "Murder in the city" though.

Do they have any other stuff similar to that, because I really like that song.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information