No announcement yet.

New and Improved Country Music Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the guy I had been talking about earlier in the thread. Hopefully, some of you guys will like these. "Man of Me" was used by Craig Morgan in his newest Album, but they switched up the lyrics a bit and re-named it "It Took a Woman". It is my favorite of the songs on that album, so take that for what its worth.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• The youtube title says "Man out of me." That means he had a man in him, and that's just wrong.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
        The youtube title says "Man out of me." That means he had a man in him, and that's just wrong.
        LOL.

Give it a listen, and you'll see its not the literal, more the figurative...

Edit:

Found another...

This is personally one of my favorites of his...

Double Edit: If you like these there are some more, but I don't want to fill up the page with videos.
        Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 06-19-2009, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• So when are we going to start calling country music by its appropriate name: redneck emo.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            So when are we going to start calling country music by its appropriate name: redneck emo.
            Some of it qualifies as redneck gangsta rap. I've noticed there's a lot of talk about alcohol and loose women in many country songs. Enough mention of weed, too. The only thing it lacks are things like talking about money(although I bet someone corrects me on that one), and pimped out cars(country musicians instead opt for pickups).

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
              Some of it qualifies as redneck gangsta rap. I've noticed there's a lot of talk about alcohol and loose women in many country songs. Enough mention of weed, too. The only thing it lacks are things like talking about money(although I bet someone corrects me on that one), and pimped out cars(country musicians instead opt for pickups).
              For the most part country artists stay away from money in their music. They allude to it in many songs, but it isn't as obvious as some rap. The rest is spot on though. Weed is mentioned all the time, especially in the lesser known artists it seems.

Comment

• Actually SABF, one song that does mention money is Big and Rich's "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy".

Opening lyrics are...

Well I wlk into the room, passsin out hundred dollar bills
                And it kills, it thrills, like the horns on my Silverado grill.

It isn't common, but it happens. That happens to be one of my favorite songs BTW.

Comment

• My favorite song right now...

Comment

• i'm mainly a Classic Rock fan but i do like In Color by Jamey Johnson, the first country song i ever really liked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post

My favorite song right now...
                      Great song... Have you heard the rest of his new album?

I just got a song that was released as a single. (Have both albums) The single is called "His Kinf of Money". Have you heard that? Really good song?

I know all the Eric Church lovers will love the song.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoneKrusher View Post
                        i'm mainly a Classic Rock fan but i do like In Color by Jamey Johnson, the first country song i ever really liked.
                        That is a great, great song, I'm a big fan of his. "High Cost of Living" is a song that I like, and if you like "In Color", you might like this, possibly. The country fans will probably like it a lot if they haven't heard it yet.

Comment

• Infinite +rep if you can find me a song i'm looking for. I neither know the artist, or the name of the song, but here's all the info i have.

It's a male singer, it's a very slow song, most likely about love and heartbreak, and one of the main lyrics is:

"just one last cigarette"

I've tried just about everything and i can't get the song. Googling won't do much help as i've done that already, but maybe one of you all know it off the top of your head.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                            Infinite +rep if you can find me a song i'm looking for. I neither know the artist, or the name of the song, but here's all the info i have.

It's a male singer, it's a very slow song, most likely about love and heartbreak, and one of the main lyrics is:

"just one last cigarette"

I've tried just about everything and i can't get the song. Googling won't do much help as i've done that already, but maybe one of you all know it off the top of your head.
                            Any other lyrics you can think of? I'm thinking of the song lyrics "back in this cigarette", but I'm drawing a blank on that song and singer as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                              Any of you ***** listen to the Avett Brothers?
                              i just heard of them and i really like them. only thing country on my itunes.
                              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                                Any other lyrics you can think of? I'm thinking of the song lyrics "back in this cigarette", but I'm drawing a blank on that song and singer as well.
                                Nah, that's Jason Aldean. I have absolutely no idea who sings that song, or any other lyric of it. But i really wanna know what song it is! ****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information