New and Improved Country Music Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    Haha, well you'd have a good time, i'm sure of that. Cross Canadian Ragweed is in concert here in a couple of weeks, and i went to see Wade Bowen last year. I like a lot of Texas Country artists, but some of them are too rock-ish for my tastes.
    Some of them are a little more rock, but I like the mix in it. I'm a big fan of The Eagles (the band) and that type of music, though their type of music is what I would say is closer to the beginning of southern rock, these newer bands have a little more rock to them. Nonetheless I like them a lot. With the Texas artists, you'll find they can be more country or more rock, or more bluesy (is that a word?) depending on the song, and the mix is what I like the most. Its hard to say they are in any category though, because there aren't any bands I know of like these types outside of Texas, and maybe some from Oklahoma (Ray Wylie Hubbard is originally from Oklahoma, and actually, I think the singer for Reckless Kelly is from Idaho or something). But they all come to Texas for that type of music, and I like a great majority of it.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• I found out my university was able to get Brooks and Dun with Jason Aldean for a concert. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
        I found out my university was able to get Brooks and Dun with Jason Aldean for a concert. :)
        What uni? They're touring and coming to Texas in May, i'm gonna check out one of their shows :p

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          What uni? They're touring and coming to Texas in May, i'm gonna check out one of their shows :p
          New Mexico State University. They manage to get one or two good acts every semester and its awesome. The date isnt on their tour page at the moment because I think it just got announced. Las Cruces is only a 3 hour drive from Albuquerque so the day after they play there they are coming here.

Comment

• tomorrow I go to see Jamey Johnson for the 3rd time.

Comment

• Billy Currington's song "Walk On"... Listen to it...

Comment

• Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                tomorrow I go to see Jamey Johnson for the 3rd time.
                My brother went to his concert and said he didnt really care too much for it.

Comment

It depends what you like. From what I've heard, he will sit on a stool and basically do his thing in that same general area the entire show. I could get into that, honestly, but I can see why some people wouldn't like it all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                    It depends what you like. From what I've heard, he will sit on a stool and basically do his thing in that same general area the entire show. I could get into that, honestly, but I can see why some people wouldn't like it all that much.
                    He puts on the type of show and is the type of artist that isnt gonna be for everyone. If your a fan of the traditional old school country like Waylon Jennings then you are gonna love him. If you like the new stiff like Urban and Taylor Swift he isn't for you.

During his show he doesn't talk or walk around the stage he just stands still and goes from one song to the next. There isn't any jumbo tv screen, fireworks and he doesnt try to push his latest song thats on the radio. It's all about the music and nothing else. After he plays all his songs on his current CD he covers the classics from the old school guys like Hank Jr, Waylon, Haggord, David Allen Coe etc.

I've seen a ton of big names in concert and he puts on the best show of anyone I've ever seen. When he does speak he says something like this " I'm gonna stand here and play till I get tired and if you don't like that you can leave". He played for over 2 hours that night

Comment

• Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                      He puts on the type of show and is the type of artist that isnt gonna be for everyone. If your a fan of the traditional old school country like Waylon Jennings then you are gonna love him. If you like the new stiff like Urban and Taylor Swift he isn't for you.

During his show he doesn't talk or walk around the stage he just stands still and goes from one song to the next. There isn't any jumbo tv screen, fireworks and he doesnt try to push his latest song thats on the radio. It's all about the music and nothing else. After he plays all his songs on his current CD he covers the classics from the old school guys like Hank Jr, Waylon, Haggord, David Allen Coe etc.

I've seen a ton of big names in concert and he puts on the best show of anyone I've ever seen. When he does speak he says something like this " I'm gonna stand here and play till I get tired and if you don't like that you can leave". He played for over 2 hours that night
                      I remember you saying that before I think. I personally would love that type of show. Just a man on stage playing music, nothing but playing music, that'd be great.

Comment

• I was once agian blown away by Jamey last night as he played for 2:30 hours. He played songs from his current CD, old classics and some new songs that will prob be on his upcoming CD. I recorded one of the songs on my HD camcorder and will post it on here when I upload it to youtube tomorrow. I don't see how in the world its not gonna be a hit. The hook of the song is "with all thats going on in the world today even the sky is blue". I cant wait till april 24th when I get to see him and bocephus in concert. Also he said 2 words the entire concert lol

Comment

• I happened to hear some dumb song by that donkey Toby Keith and heard the lyrics as follows:

"Thats us, that's right
                          Gotta love this American ride.
                          Both ends of the ozone burnin.
                          Funny how the world keeps turnin.
                          "

Is he trying to imply that pollution, global warming, ect is a conspiracy because the world keeps going? So I should keep driving my V10 gass guzzler because the world keeps turning?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Yea thats not a good song

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                            I happened to hear some dumb song by that donkey Toby Keith and heard the lyrics as follows:

"Thats us, that's right
                            Funny how the world keeps turnin."

Is he trying to imply that pollution, global warming, ect is a conspiracy because the world keeps going? So I should keep driving my V10 gass guzzler because the world keeps turning?

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              I happened to hear some dumb song by that donkey Toby Keith and heard the lyrics as follows:

"Thats us, that's right
                              Funny how the world keeps turnin.
                              "

I think he is implying that it the world is not gonna be gone 10 (now 5 or 6) years like Al Gore said.

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

• Jamey Johnson sounds a lot like a Coe concert. Went to one in Bowling Green while I was there. Amazing show. Didnt do much else other than play music.
                                It was great.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information