No announcement yet.

New and Improved Country Music Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, Jason Aldean is coming over here in a few weeks. Definitely gonna be there.

Comment

• Every year for homecoming we have a free concert the night of our bonfire and this year it is Jack Ingram. Last year was Randy Houser and the year before that was Eric Church.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
        I'm going to a Jason Aldean concert Saturday with one of my buddies, and probably going to an Eric Church concert one the 30th with a whole bunch of people. Pretty excited for this two week period that is coming up, two of my favorite mainstream country singers in less than two weeks, gonna be awesome.
        I wanted to see the Jason Aldean concert when he toured with Brooks and Dunn but everyone paid the money to join the Aldean Army and Brooks and Dunn presale thing. By the time it was open to the public the only seats that were left were all the way up at the top and far away from the stage. I got on ticketmaster at 10am the second it went on sale to the general public and had no luck.

Comment

• I'm going to another Jason Aldean tomorrow in New York City with my girlfirend, she's just as big of a fan as I am, so its going to be a great night. She hasn't been to a country concert yet, so she's real excited. His new Album also comes out tomorrow, so I have a feeling he should be going all out for the concert tomorrow.

Also, Metsox in particular, I'm going to be able to see the Randy Rogers Band, Reckless Kelly, and Robert Earl Keen in concert. They are playing at a place near Atlantic City, NJ on November 13th. I am more excited for this concert than any other concert I've ever been to. RRB is one of my favorite Bands, and Reckless Kelly is another band I really like. I hadn't heard any of Robert Earl Keen until about 2 months ago, but I like a few of his songs too. I figure I have to go to that, because I don't know how long it'd be until they are back, so its definitely worth the two hour drive.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Jamey Johnson's new album is actually two different albums, a White and Black, and it kicks ass, but this is my favorite song on either, and there are a bunch on there I really like, so that should say something

Comment

Jamey Johnson's new album is actually two different albums, a White and Black, and it kicks ass, but this is my favorite song on either, and there are a bunch on there I really like, so that should say something
              I've stated on here before that Jamey Johnson is my hero and I'm his biggest fan. I've seen him in concert 5 times and he is just amazing.

Wanna hear another wierd thing the default pic on the video you posted where the guitar is black and the rest is black & white. My gf took the pic when we went to the concert and she made the pic. They are a few more she made similar to that one. She uploaded it to his site so thats how it came about.

Comment

• Oh yeah, Brantley Gilbert's song "G.R.I.T.S"... Sick song, quickly rising up to my group of favorites.

Comment

• **** yeah, EATW. RR is always a great show. Robert Earl Keen is good as well, that's a pretty good concert top to bottom, honestly.

As far as us, we got Alan Jackson coming down in the next few days, Pat Green (fck yeah!) Thanksgiving weekend, And Eli Young Band in December. Whoop!

Comment

• My friend just got us free tickets to see Jamey Johnson in November. **** YES!!!!!

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                      **** yeah, EATW. RR is always a great show. Robert Earl Keen is good as well, that's a pretty good concert top to bottom, honestly.

As far as us, we got Alan Jackson coming down in the next few days, Pat Green (fck yeah!) Thanksgiving weekend, And Eli Young Band in December. Whoop!
                      Only $20 per ticket too, so I am pretty excited about it. I've got a few people on the RRB (and the rest of Texas' music) bandwagon up in PA, and a few that can make it are going to the concert with me.

Needless to say I am waiting for an EYB concert up in PA, don't know how long that'll take, but I'm jumping on that first chance I can.

IDK if I mentioned it on here, but there are a few other Texas artists I've found over the past few months. Wade Bowen has become one of my favorites, as well as Kyle Park, and Robert Earl Keen. There are a few other bands like the Josh Abbott Band and the Bart Crow Band that I listen to. I'm also a big Mickey and the Motorcars fan, as well as Stoney LaRue. If I can find out about a large gathering of Texas artists, I may just have to take a vacation to Texas for the concerts, because I know most of them stay in Texas/OK and the areas near there.
                      Kinda unrelated, but I made a Twitter last week (following football and most of the music people) and the first person to follow me was Blue Broussard. I listened to a few of his songs and was wondering if you heard of him, because if not, you will probably like his music. I haven't had the chance to listen to more than 3 of his songs yet, but I liked what I heard. Quick question, I heard Cross Canadian Ragweed is splitting up... is it true? Because if that is the case, I'll be pretty upset, they are one of my favorites as well.

Comment

• Comment

• Jason Aldean's newest album is pretty good. I'm not a huge fan that its named afer a song that another artist I like (thanks to georgiafan for that one) came up with, but the album as a whole is really good, as expected.

Comment

Only $20 per ticket too, so I am pretty excited about it. I've got a few people on the RRB (and the rest of Texas' music) bandwagon up in PA, and a few that can make it are going to the concert with me.

Needless to say I am waiting for an EYB concert up in PA, don't know how long that'll take, but I'm jumping on that first chance I can.

IDK if I mentioned it on here, but there are a few other Texas artists I've found over the past few months. Wade Bowen has become one of my favorites, as well as Kyle Park, and Robert Earl Keen. There are a few other bands like the Josh Abbott Band and the Bart Crow Band that I listen to. I'm also a big Mickey and the Motorcars fan, as well as Stoney LaRue. If I can find out about a large gathering of Texas artists, I may just have to take a vacation to Texas for the concerts, because I know most of them stay in Texas/OK and the areas near there.
                            Kinda unrelated, but I made a Twitter last week (following football and most of the music people) and the first person to follow me was Blue Broussard. I listened to a few of his songs and was wondering if you heard of him, because if not, you will probably like his music. I haven't had the chance to listen to more than 3 of his songs yet, but I liked what I heard. Quick question, I heard Cross Canadian Ragweed is splitting up... is it true? Because if that is the case, I'll be pretty upset, they are one of my favorites as well.
                            For twenty bucks, that concert is a ******* steal. It would be sin not to go. As far as getting EYB up there, good luck, that's all i can say brother. They're usually touring the southern circuit, but maybe one day they'll head out there.

As far as Texas artists go, the ones i like are Kevin Fowler, RRB, EYB, Pat Green, Robert Earl Keen, Aaron Watson, Deryl Dodd, Roger Creager and Jack Ingram. It's kinda funny how i really dislike bands from Oklahoma (CCR, Stoney LaRue, Jason Boland etc). I'm not really a fan of that red dirt style of country music.

I'd be the wrong person to ask about CCR, i don't keep up with them at all.

Comment

• Funny thing is, I just found out EYB was in PA (albeit western PA) in August. I would've been at least a three hour drive, but they were playing with Jake Owen, who I also like, not as much as them, but still. If I would've known about it, I'd have gone.

I'm huge fans of those Texas artists, not as big on Aaron Watson and Pat Green though, but I have a few songs of theirs I like a lot. CCR is one of my favorites though, right up there with RRB and EYB. I like Stoney LaRue and Jason Boland a lot too, but not in the same class as those guys. Jack Ingram is one of my favorites too, but his style has changed a lot from when he first started out. I like it all though.

I just got a few songs off of Jerrod Niemann's album, he did a cover of "That Buckin' Song", and its just not the same as Keen's.

Comment

• I listend to the Jason Aldean album once on pulse music boards (a great place to listen to cds a few days before they come out). I liked what I heard, I didn't hear a song that jump out at me as anything special. But a good cd to listen to all the way through.

If you havent heard it yet Randy Houser's cd is a must get.

I don't even remember posting anything about Brantly Gilbert on here lol

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information