Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and Improved Country Music Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    CMA's are on!!!
    How did Zac Brown Band win best new artist? Aren't they a year too late.

    Comment


    • Yeah, i'm not too sure why they were still nominated.. they've been around for a while now..

      Comment


      • The new artist awards are always wrong and people that have been around to long win it heck Last year Darius Rucker won it. I thought the awards was bad and only a few people I liked like George and Brad.

        I'm going to nashville this weekend and cant wait to go to the bluebird cafe.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
          The new artist awards are always wrong and people that have been around to long win it heck Last year Darius Rucker won it. I thought the awards was bad and only a few people I liked like George and Brad.

          I'm going to nashville this weekend and cant wait to go to the bluebird cafe.
          Yea, Luke Bryan was nominated and he's been around for 5 years at least. Its usually something I don't really care about, because, like you said, its almost always wrong.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

          Rest in Peace, themaninblack

          Comment


          • Last nights show was wierd no carrie, taylor, kenny or king george for entertainer of the year. No solo performances of alan, toby, tim. Also no hall of fame inductee.

            My biggest gripe is Blake Shelton winning male

            Comment


            • Miranda Lambert owning ass makes me a happy camper. But, the CMAs were pretty bad, most of the performances sucked. Even George's performance wasn't all that good.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                Last nights show was wierd no carrie, taylor, kenny or king george for entertainer of the year. No solo performances of alan, toby, tim. Also no hall of fame inductee.

                My biggest gripe is Blake Shelton winning male
                Yea it didn't really make much sense, I was wondering what was going on. Even though I'm not a HUGE Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, or Tim McGraw fan anymore. Tim McGraw newest single, "Felt Good on My Lips" is his first song that I've liked in at least 5 years. Probably won't last long though, because my radio station will be playing it way too much.

                Blake Shelton doesn't make much sense to me either, TBH, if he should have won it any year, it should be the year after his Pure BS album came out, that is a favorite album of mine. I was surprised he won too, but as they were going through the nominees for Male entertainer, I realized it was a pretty weak year, none of the nominees had really put out many singles in the past year, even Paisley, who always seems to be churning out hits. I probably still would've given it to Paisley (of the ones nominated), but this year it was pretty wide open. I actually would've figured Jason Aldean was at least nominated, because his last album, Wide Open (note the unintentional smooth segway [sp]) is one of my favorites, every song is great, and it had a bunch of #1 hits. Combine that with "My Kinda Party", and he had the best year of any male artist, IMO. The only reason I can't see he was nominated is because he hasn't been around long enough yet.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                  Miranda Lambert owning ass makes me a happy camper. But, the CMAs were pretty bad, most of the performances sucked. Even George's performance wasn't all that good.
                  I was surprised with how she wrecked house, but really, I shouldn't be. Revolution was a damn good album, probably my favorite of women artists in the past two or three years. I'm a big fan of hers though...
                  Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                  Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                  Comment


                  • They Call Me Cadillac is a solid album. A few real good songs, but not a whole lot to me. Addicted is good, as you said reorgiafan, I also really like Lowdown and Lonesome a lot as well as Out Here in the Country and Here With Me. All the way through, the whole feel of the album definitely fits with its name...
                    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                    Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                      They Call Me Cadillac is a solid album. A few real good songs, but not a whole lot to me. Addicted is good, as you said reorgiafan, I also really like Lowdown and Lonesome a lot as well as Out Here in the Country and Here With Me. All the way through, the whole feel of the album definitely fits with its name...
                      Did you listen to the deluxe cd and get the 2 bonus songs? Beach to the sand is one of the 4 best songs on the cd.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                        Did you listen to the deluxe cd and get the 2 bonus songs? Beach to the sand is one of the 4 best songs on the cd.
                        It wasn't available, I didn't even know there was another option... Damn Wal-Mart. I'll have to check it out...
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                        Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                          It wasn't available, I didn't even know there was another option... Damn Wal-Mart. I'll have to check it out...
                          If you need it then I can email the song to you

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                            If you need it then I can email the song to you
                            I should be able to find it, I'm the Robert Ballard of finding music.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                            Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • Damn good song...

                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                              Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                              Comment


                              • Tracy Lawrence in concert next weekend. Time to get drunk and listen to some classics!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information