Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and Improved Country Music Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    More people should listen to Roger Clyne and The Peacemakers and Lucero. Both bands are amazing and while they both sway away from traditional country they still manage to incorporate country overtones into their music. I really suggest you all take a listen.

    Some suggested songs for download:

    Blue Collar Suicide ~ RCPM (as the Refreshments) ~ Fizzy Fuzzy
    Contraband ~ RCPM ~ No More Beautiful World

    __________________________________


    Wish Me Luck ~ Lucero ~ The Attic Tapes reissue (their best album)
    So Long Tonight ~ Lucero ~ The Attic Tapes reissue



    <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

    Comment


    • #47
      ITs definitely something that I will look into when I get a chance. I'm not picky at all when it comes to music. I listen and appreciate all genres, and to be honest, it wouldn't matter at all what other genres they were mixed in with, because country is my favorite, and with my open-mindedness (is that even a word?, haha) it would be very hard for me not to like either of those bands. Anyone else you would recommend that maybe we don't know all that much about, fisch?
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

      Rest in Peace, themaninblack

      Comment


      • #48
        I just got Carrie Underwood and Eric Church's latest albums, both are sick, but I gotta say that I expect big things from Church in the future, dudes got talent.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

        Rest in Peace, themaninblack

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
          I just got Carrie Underwood and Eric Church's latest albums, both are sick, but I gotta say that I expect big things from Church in the future, dudes got talent.
          Eric Church is the greatest!

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
            Eric Church is the greatest!
            He is thee truth, no doubt



            <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
              Kid Rock's Rock n Roll Jesus is amazing. It isn't all country, there is some rock and blues and hip hop, but I suggest it to any country music fan.
              I love Kid Rock. His album "Cocky" was his best tho. On Rock and Roll Jesus, I like Amen the best.

              Anything by Alan Jackson is great. My tops from have to be If Jesus Walked the Eart Today, Small Town Southern Man, All-american Country Boy, but nothing tops Where I come From. Right now that is the top song in Country music if you ask me, and trust me, its all I listen to.

              Where I Come From- Alan Jackson
              Beer for my Horses- Toby Keith (Favourite by him)
              It's 5 O'clock Somewhere-Alan Jackson
              Living in Fast Forward- Kenny Chesney
              Two Pink Lines- Eric Church


              Oh man, Brad Pailey as climbing up there for a while. His trio of Ticks, Online and Celebrity are easily his best 3 songs. Love em all.

              Jeez, there so much to name, and its late, but I'll post more later.

              Comment


              • #52
                Yo rukster, go into the fantasy forum and vote for the country draft quarterfinals. Vote for me!!!:D JK man vote for who you think is the best. Theres two of them, so you have two different things to vote on.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                Comment


                • #53
                  I'm not trying to bust anyone's balls as Tony Soprano would say but I've always found it a little odd when people from the northeast are country music fans. Not that there's anything wrong with that, obviously you can listen to whatever you like. I just always thought and assumed that most of the stuff they sing about in country people from the northeast would have trouble relating to. I used to think country was really only popular in the south and maybe in the midwest but since then I've realized it has a lot more widespread appeal apparently. I mean I was born and raised in Texas and didn't really become a fan of country until a couple years ago. It's kinda funny cause I hated country growing up partly because I didn't want to be painted with the stereotype of being a redneck but now I listen to it a lot partly because I really don't like most of the new rock.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                    I'm not trying to bust anyone's balls as Tony Soprano would say but I've always found it a little odd when people from the northeast are country music fans. Not that there's anything wrong with that, obviously you can listen to whatever you like. I just always thought and assumed that most of the stuff they sing about in country people from the northeast would have trouble relating to. I used to think country was really only popular in the south and maybe in the midwest but since then I've realized it has a lot more widespread appeal apparently. I mean I was born and raised in Texas and didn't really become a fan of country until a couple years ago. It's kinda funny cause I hated country growing up partly because I didn't want to be painted with the stereotype of being a redneck but now I listen to it a lot partly because I really don't like most of the new rock.
                    My girlfriend lives on a farm and got me into it. I used to despise it, but now it's my favorite.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                      I'm not trying to bust anyone's balls as Tony Soprano would say but I've always found it a little odd when people from the northeast are country music fans. Not that there's anything wrong with that, obviously you can listen to whatever you like. I just always thought and assumed that most of the stuff they sing about in country people from the northeast would have trouble relating to. I used to think country was really only popular in the south and maybe in the midwest but since then I've realized it has a lot more widespread appeal apparently. I mean I was born and raised in Texas and didn't really become a fan of country until a couple years ago. It's kinda funny cause I hated country growing up partly because I didn't want to be painted with the stereotype of being a redneck but now I listen to it a lot partly because I really don't like most of the new rock.
                      Lately, i think it has become increasingly easier for people to relate to Country music. Not a knock on artists these days, the music is still great, but it's no longer the same type of music it was before. Even then, i think just about anyone can listen to Garth Brooks and George Strait and really feel that music. And that's because they're still more of the old-school type of guys. If you've ever had love problems, you can relate to the majority of Country music.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        Lately, i think it has become increasingly easier for people to relate to Country music. Not a knock on artists these days, the music is still great, but it's no longer the same type of music it was before. Even then, i think just about anyone can listen to Garth Brooks and George Strait and really feel that music. And that's because they're still more of the old-school type of guys. If you've ever had love problems, you can relate to the majority of Country music.
                        Yeah that's true and I realized that when I actually started listening to country but I was talking a little more in terms of the country songs that are religious or pro war in nature. I hope that's not considered getting political or religious I'm not stating an opinion on those topics, just making a general point.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                          Yeah that's true and I realized that when I actually started listening to country but I was talking a little more in terms of the country songs that are religious or pro war in nature. I hope that's not considered getting political or religious I'm not stating an opinion on those topics, just making a general point.
                          Yeah, i see where you're coming from. For the most part i'm a Toby Keith fan, but some of his songs aren't really my type. Dixie Chicks are great also, and they're very politically inclined as well.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            This thread should have died along with the old one.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Keep posting on it and you'll make sure it doesn't.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I heard a decent Kid Rock track today. sampled Sweet Home Alabama and American Werewolf in London. decent track. he should stick to those types of tracks.
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information