New and Improved Country Music Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
    I heard a decent Kid Rock track today. sampled Sweet Home Alabama and American Werewolf in London. decent track. he should stick to those types of tracks.
    Do you know the name of the song, btw? So i can .. "get" it..

Comment

No I dont know that name of the track. It was pretty good though.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

ALL SUMMER LONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUaP7LoppGw
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Lately, i think it has become increasingly easier for people to relate to Country music. Not a knock on artists these days, the music is still great, but it's no longer the same type of music it was before. Even then, i think just about anyone can listen to Garth Brooks and George Strait and really feel that music. And that's because they're still more of the old-school type of guys. If you've ever had love problems, you can relate to the majority of Country music.
          Country music is awesome because you actually have to listen to the lyrics, and they make you think a lot. Not so much for other styles.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
            Country music is awesome because you actually have to listen to the lyrics, and they make you think a lot. Not so much for other styles.

Country music is widely about love or trucks or ******* llamas. Underground hip hop has the best lyrics.

Comment

Country music is widely about love or trucks or ******* llamas. Underground hip hop has the best lyrics.
              HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH that's a classic. Country>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>underground hip hop, above ground hip hop and whatever other types of ground hip hops there are.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH that's a classic. Country>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>underground hip hop, above ground hip hop and whatever other types of ground hip hops there are.
                Haha! I've given too much reputation in the last 24 hours, but i'll give you a rain check!

And you're right about the lyrics. Country has a way bigger concentration on the lyrical aspect of it, as opposed to other music that has you paying attention to beats, bass lines, guitar solos, ___ solo's.. The only thing i love outside of the lyrics from country music is the steel guitar. Love that damn thing.

Comment

obivously you dont know hip hop at all sniper

Comment

It's unfair to make a blanket generalization like that about country just like it would be to make a similar generalization about hip hop. I used to think just like you about country but when you actually listen to it longer than 5 minutes you see that's really not true. You can easily cite bad and good examples from every genre of music.

Comment

My most -repped comment ever. It's called preference, people! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                        It's unfair to make a blanket generalization like that about country just like it would be to make a similar generalization about hip hop. I used to think just like you about country but when you actually listen to it longer than 5 minutes you see that's really not true. You can easily cite bad and good examples from every genre of music.
                        very true

:)

Comment

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/Er...ning--51764792

Sick vid, sick song

Comment

That Kid Rock song is a sick one. I love it. Kid Rock is definately up there as one of my favourites of all time.

As I look at my iTunes, my top played songs are

1. Lonesom USA- Jason Aldean (Cant believe I forgot to mention it yesterday, but yeah, this is always on in the car)
                            2. God Blessed Texas- Little Texas
                            3. Where I Come From- Alan Jackson
                            4. All-American Country Boy- Alan Jackson
                            5. That Kind of Girl- Patty Loveless

Comment

I listen to pretty much only country, and for the most part, I prefer not to listen to hip hop or rap, but some of the lyrics that they write are just as good as country, granted its about completely different things, but you listen to an Eminem album and tell me that guy con't write a song, and I'll show you a person who is either (a) so close-minded that even the thought of anything different makes them want to explode or (b) someone who is oblivious to actual talent. You are right though, for the most part, anything about going to da club and findin b*tches and h*es doesn't appeal to me, and talking about partying really doesn't take much skill or talent.
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I had written another REALLY long thing in this thread about the war and religion stuff yesterday at work, but the computer unexplainably shut down and lost it in the process of me posting the meessage. I was sooo pissed when I saw it didn't make it on here, but you guys covered some of the things I would have spoken about so I'm not gonna spend the time and effort to try to redo that.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information