New and Improved Country Music Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    I listen to pretty much only country, and for the most part, I prefer not to listen to hip hop or rap, but some of the lyrics that they write are just as good as country, granted its about completely different things, but you listen to an Eminem album and tell me that guy con't write a song, and I'll show you a person who is either (a) so close-minded that even the thought of anything different makes them want to explode or (b) someone who is oblivious to actual talent. You are right though, for the most part, anything about going to da club and findin b*tches and h*es doesn't appeal to me, and talking about partying really doesn't take much skill or talent.
    It's not like I mind some hip-hop. I just find country to be superior.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
      It's not like I mind some hip-hop. I just find country to be superior.
      So do I, no doubt, but there is a lot of hip hop and rap anrists that I can respect because they are good writers and talented.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

When the hell did Jewel become a country singer???

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Finals of the country music draft are set up: Myself vs. MetSox

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
            When the hell did Jewel become a country singer???
            Almost tw0o years ago now I think. Now I don't know when she atrated recording her Album, but I remember her singing at a nascar race last year, I just don't remember which one, it may have been one of the Daytona races, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
              Finals of the country music draft are set up: Myself vs. MetSox
              Chalk another one up for me.... lol

Comment

Bringing this up to the first page, I don't want it to get lost... I was camping this weekend (sort of) and there was a country line daning thing going on and that was pretty fun. With my love for country music I've never done any of the dances. There were a bunvch of people at this campsite who were complaining about country music being there two nights in a row, and the performers (if thats what they could be called) on the second night were atrocious. We ended up putting in Tracce Adkins Greates hits CD in and had that blasting over the sound of "Tammy Lee" and Dale "Country Hank" Roth yodeling and making cat sounds. Needless to say I think those talentless slobs were a littel pissed. But we didn't care, becuase they were actually performing karaoke style with a prompter to read off of. People were asking me how I could like sh*t like that, but I had to explain that is not what country is about. Once "Honkytonk Badonkydonk" and Rough and Ready" were going they understood.

Comment

Anyone listen to my select bands yet? :' (bogue smoking smiley)

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

I haven't had the opportunity to look them up, but one of my friends had a Lucero song on his ipod. I heard the song and I was like that sounds pretty cool. I asked him who it was and he told me it was Lucero, and I was like sh*t man, I've heard of them, but I never heard their music. I don't know what song it was though, and he only had that one song. I've got to ask him and I'll see about finding that out. It isn't like normal country, but it has enough of it for me to get the country thing going. It was funny, because my friend normally listens to punk rock and it took me off a little bit because he doesn't really listen to anything country.

Comment

Just texted my buddy and he told me the song was Kiss the Bottle.

Comment

Ahh yeah Kiss The Bottle is epic.

Lucero is a country band that doubles as a punk band. People call it "cow punk"

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Has anybody heard Toby Keith's new song "Never Seen Her Cry"? I don't know if that is the title, but it is something along those lines, I've only heard it once and I really like it. Also, I heard Kid Rock's "All Summer Long" on country radio the first time yesterday. Anyone else here this a long time ago. I was hoping this would make it to Cat Country, but I wasn't sure if it would. Also, is it just me or are the radios playing "All I Wanna Do" WAAAAAAAY too much?

Comment

I'd recommend the Randy Rogers Band. I'm not sure how well known they are or if they're played outside Texas or the southwest but the couple of songs I've heard I've really liked. The most popular I guess are kiss me in the dark and one more goodbye.

Comment

I haven't heard of them, but I will definitely keep an eye out for them I'm a great distance away though, so that shouldn't really be a surprise. Hopefully I can hear their music some day, I always love finding a new signer or group to listen to. Look up Leechboy, that is also someone local that I've mentioned before, but I know everyone would like his music.

Comment

Eric Church's video for Lightning is baller as ****. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information