No announcement yet.

New and Improved Country Music Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down here there's not much demand for country artists, so i hardly see any budding stars doing any shows. Honestly though, i'm just a huge fan of the older stuff. Some of the new age country artists don't really catch my attention as much as the classics.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
      Down here there's not much demand for country artists, so i hardly see any budding stars doing any shows. Honestly though, i'm just a huge fan of the older stuff. Some of the new age country artists don't really catch my attention as much as the classics.
      I like it all really, Jamey Johnson's Album is really great, and he has more of a classic style. That CD has some of my favorite songs. Randy Houser is a nice blend of Old and New, his Album is really good as well.
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Went to see Eric Church in concert last night, what a show!

He was opened by a woman about my age, maybe a little older (mid 20s), Ashley Rae. Really really good. I think we may be seeing and/or hearing from her in the future. Great singer and her songwriting is very good as well. The one song was called something like " Hurricanes": Asking why she always falls in love with guys that act like Hurricanes. Her voice is kind of like Miranda Lambert, just a little deeper and with a little more pissed off sound at times. Another thing helping her cause is she is really good looking as well. Kind of like a mix of Gretchen Wilson and Martina McBride. Seemed really laid back and really enjoys performing...

The other group that opened was called Jonathan Singleton and the Grove. Its a group of 6 guys and they really rocked it out. They also sounded real good and I think we could hear them on the radio soon. Our crowd was really wound up and they just fed off of the energy. They said they have a single coming out today that if anyone calls up their radio to request it, it can be done. I'm going to search myspace soon and check it out so I can do that. I can't remember the name of the song, but I remember it was really good.

Eric Church and his band came out and just tore the place apart. Sang a couple of his older songs (These Boots, Two Pink Lines, Sinners Like Me, What I Almost Was, Pledge Allegiance to the Hag) And has some new stuff that he sang as well. Said they have a new Album coming out soon, which I plan on getting, a new video coming out this week as well, so keep your eyes open for it. Really a great showman as well I'm surprised he didn't collapse the stage with how much he was flying around up there. It was the first concert I ever went to and all I can say is that it was amazing. Another song he sang was "Young and Wild" or something like that, he also sang us the title song from the new album, "Caroline". Me and my buddy had a blast, and so did everyone there. When "These Boots" was one there were at least 20 pairs of boots in the air the whole time. Whenever "hat" or "beer" was mentioned, you can guess what was help up. 15 bucks to stand 20 feet away from the performers for a 3 hour show was a steal, and if any other artists I know come to this place again, I know I'll come back...
        Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 05-29-2009, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Can't find the Ashley Rae I saw last night on MySpace, but the snigle from Jonathan Singleton and the Grove is called "Livin in Paradise". Really good song, I recommend checking them out. Jonathan Singleton also mentioned last night he co-wrote the song "Watching Ariplanes" with Jim Beavers, a very prominenet country writer, and I'm sure those of you that listen to country already know it was a #1 Hit for Gary Allen Last year.

Comment

• Any of you ***** listen to the Avett Brothers?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• To be honest, I've never even heard of them...

Comment

• i <3 country music. And no thats not a stereo-type since i live in SD. :D

sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                  To be honest, I've never even heard of them...

Very very good. Among my favourites but folk and cow punk is my genre.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Went to see Eric Church in concert last night, what a show!

He was opened by a woman about my age, maybe a little older (mid 20s), Ashley Rae. Really really good. I think we may be seeing and/or hearing from her in the future. Great singer and her songwriting is very good as well. The one song was called something like " Hurricanes": Asking why she always falls in love with guys that act like Hurricanes. Her voice is kind of like Miranda Lambert, just a little deeper and with a little more pissed off sound at times. Another thing helping her cause is she is really good looking as well. Kind of like a mix of Gretchen Wilson and Martina McBride. Seemed really laid back and really enjoys performing...

The other group that opened was called Jonathan Singleton and the Grove. Its a group of 6 guys and they really rocked it out. They also sounded real good and I think we could hear them on the radio soon. Our crowd was really wound up and they just fed off of the energy. They said they have a single coming out today that if anyone calls up their radio to request it, it can be done. I'm going to search myspace soon and check it out so I can do that. I can't remember the name of the song, but I remember it was really good.

Eric Church and his band came out and just tore the place apart. Sang a couple of his older songs (These Boots, Two Pink Lines, Sinners Like Me, What I Almost Was, Pledge Allegiance to the Hag) And has some new stuff that he sang as well. Said they have a new Album coming out soon, which I plan on getting, a new video coming out this week as well, so keep your eyes open for it. Really a great showman as well I'm surprised he didn't collapse the stage with how much he was flying around up there. It was the first concert I ever went to and all I can say is that it was amazing. Another song he sang was "Young and Wild" or something like that, he also sang us the title song from the new album, "Caroline". Me and my buddy had a blast, and so did everyone there. When "These Boots" was one there were at least 20 pairs of boots in the air the whole time. Whenever "hat" or "beer" was mentioned, you can guess what was help up. 15 bucks to stand 209 feet away from the performers for a 3 hour show was a steal, and if any other artists I know come to this place again, I know I'll come back...
                    Eric Church was our free concert performer for homecoming last year. This year was Pat Greene.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                      Eric Church was our free concert performer for homecoming last year. This year was Pat Greene.
                      Damn, wish I went to your HS. Ours doesn't do **** like that, if they did, it'd prolly be some pop **** though...

Comment

• I went to a Jamey Johnson concert last week and it was amazing. He sung for close to 2 hours. Even after he sung every song on his new CD. He said he was going to stay and play till he got tired and started covering some of the classics. It was very cool

Comment

• Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                          I went to a Jamey Johnson concert last week and it was amazing. He sung for close to 2 hours. Even after he sung every song on his new CD. He said he was going to stay and play till he got tired and started covering some of the classics. It was very cool
                          Damn, that must have been a great experience. Such a great songwriter. I'd love to go to one of his concerts. His new album is great and some of his older songs are awesome as well. "Flying Silver Eagle" always puts a smile on my face. His new album has a buttload of just plain awesome songs. His voice is really good as well. One of my favorite artists...

Comment

Damn, that must have been a great experience. Such a great songwriter. I'd love to go to one of his concerts. His new album is great and some of his older songs are awesome as well. "Flying Silver Eagle" always puts a smile on my face. His new album has a buttload of just plain awesome songs. His voice is really good as well. One of my favorite artists...
                            If your a fan of old school/traditonal country then you have to go check him out. The great thing was that he didn't spend time pumping his new single or upcoming CMT crossroads. He also didn't jump around the stage or spend time talking. He just stood still in the middle of the stage and sang one song after the next. As I said earlier he said this "They said I could play as long as I wanted to and thats what i'm going do. I'm going to play until I get tired and if yall don't like that then you can leave."

The coolest cover song he did was "Who's gonna fill there shoe's". When he sang "are the good times really over" he replaced it with Clinton lying to everyone on TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                              I'd recommend the Randy Rogers Band. I'm not sure how well known they are or if they're played outside Texas or the southwest but the couple of songs I've heard I've really liked. The most popular I guess are kiss me in the dark and one more goodbye.
                              MAJOR credit for this. Great, great recommendation, I bought their album about a week ago, and liked it so much I now have every song they've recorded, that I can find anyway. One of my favorite "new" groups. They've been around for a while, but haven't hit it big yet. I think we'll be hearing from them in the future, I really like almost every song I've heard, especially the ones you mentioned.

Comment

I got The Eli Young Band's CD, adn there are a bunch of songs that are really great, I think they should steadily gain popularity in the coming months and years. They kind of remind me a little bit of Rascal Flatts in terms of their look and sound.

I've heard things aobut Cross Canadien Ragweed on htis thread before I think. They're supposed to be coming to my area soon and was owndering if anybody knew more about them.

I'm gonna go check out an Eric Church show with a few of my buddies in March, I love his music and I know the show is gonna be great, and only 15 bucks for great tickets at a nice small place...
                                Reading through the thread, thats a prediction I think I've nailed so far...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information