New and Improved Country Music Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eaglesalltheway
    started a topic New and Improved Country Music Thread.

New and Improved Country Music Thread.

For country music and related topics. Please no people coming in here and rapping or whatever. Its nothin against rap, but you wouldn't want anyone to recite country in the rap thread. If this thing lasts, there will inherantly be a political debate of some sort. Just don't do it. Not all people who listen to country are Republicans, I'm not, but I love country. Just like there are conservative people who can appreciate Rap. End of anything political in this thread. On to the music. What is you favorite song playing right now? For me it is hands down. "She's a Hottie" by Toby Keith is #1 right now and has been since the first time I heard it. Others I like are "Back When I Knew it All" by Montgomery Gentry and anything by Taylor Swift. That girl can write a good song, and she sings them unflawed. Plus, she is a goddess...haha
    Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 07-26-2009, 10:14 PM.

• georgiafan
    replied
    It has a good meaning and is a good song but If it came on the radio I would prob turn it to something else

Leave a comment:

• princefielder28
    replied
    My favorite Miranda song has to be Kerosene

Leave a comment:

• MetSox17
    replied
    favorite miranda song.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    Originally posted by Hines View Post
    Baggage Claim ISSS pretty catchy though.
    And that's it right there. Its catchy... but what does it draw you into? Absolutely ******* nothing. Her music used to be some kick-ass chick music, where you could tell she is writing out of pure hate, even. (Gunpowder & Lead, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Kerosene...) Baggage claim has absolutely no substance to it. I can still sing you all the words to those three older songs, and a lot of her earlier stuff that didn't even make it on the radio, but I honestly couldn't tell you anything about what baggage claim is, because as soon as I try to pay attention to the lyrics, they throw me right off by being awful.

Leave a comment:

• Hines
    replied
    Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    I used to like Miranda, but she married hack, joke of a musician Blake Shelton and seems like she, too, sold out and went Nashville. Its a shame too, she was one of the few really badass country chicks her first two albums, now I have to hear utter **** like "Baggage Claim". Horseshit.
    Baggage Claim ISSS pretty catchy though.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    I used to like Miranda, but she married hack, joke of a musician Blake Shelton and seems like she, too, sold out and went Nashville. Its a shame too, she was one of the few really badass country chicks her first two albums, now I have to hear utter **** like "Baggage Claim". Horseshit.

Leave a comment:

• jayceheathman
    replied
    Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    Agreed. Although i thought he was heading that direction after "Playing the Part"

Agreed on ZBB. I've been wanting to see them live for so damn long already but none of the promoters down here want to bring them because they'd be really expensive and everyone prefers to go see douchebags like Chris Young and Luke Bryan. Even RRB and EYB are getting expensive here, but that's more of a demand thing. Their shows are still dirt cheap in Corpus Christi, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio.

I'd love to see Lady A but not at 80 bucks a ticket.
    Eli Young Band used to play at Sam Houston Race Park in Houston for like $10 before they started getting big. If you went for the horse races you got in free since the concert was afterwards. Miranda used to play there as well.

Leave a comment:

• jayceheathman
    replied
    Agreed. Although i thought he was heading that direction after "Playing the Part"

Agreed on ZBB. I've been wanting to see them live for so damn long already but none of the promoters down here want to bring them because they'd be really expensive and everyone prefers to go see douchebags like Chris Young and Luke Bryan. Even RRB and EYB are getting expensive here, but that's more of a demand thing. Their shows are still dirt cheap in Corpus Christi, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio.

I'd love to see Lady A but not at 80 bucks a ticket.
    I didn't like ZBB. He started singing "Devil Went Down to Georgia" and other people's songs as well. Then his opening act was like 2/3rds of the concert. Then ZBB comes out and sits on a stool and sings a few songs without recognizing the fans at all. If that is your thing then you will like it. I like Paisley, Urban, and the guys that will run around the stage and at least thank you for coming out. I saw ZBB a little over a year ago so it might have got better since they have had more time to come up with more songs. I also waited in line to get Zach's autograph and the guy looked down at the table, grabbed the picture that slid his way, and passed it on. He wouldn't recognize anybody, wouldn't talk to you, wouldn't shake your hand, and wouldn't thank you for coming like his opening acts would. It could have been a bad day but he definitely acted like we were wasting his time and he wanted out of there.

Leave a comment:

• jayceheathman
    replied
    If it's a music festival and you get to see ZBB, i'd do 100. That doesn't seem a lot considering it's a nicely sized music festival.

It's crazy how overpriced concerts are down here since the demand is a lot higher than the supply. George Strait comes down maybe once every year, and tickets start at $150. $35 is what they're charging for RRB and EYB now, same with Kevin Fowler, Pat Green and any other good name Texas Country artists. Tickets for Chris Young at the livestock show were $45.
    You can get cheap tickets for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo but it's not too worth it unless you pay for the expensive seats and get to move out on the dirt. Alan Jackson is playing here this weekend and sold out in no time. I got on 20 minutes after tickets went on sale and it was already up to the nose bleed section at the area opposite of the stage. Even then they were $65 so I passed on them.

Leave a comment:

• Hines
    replied
    My fault, it's 160 for the four days. Still a great deal IMO.

Leave a comment:

• MetSox17
    replied
    That sounds like a good deal for whoever is in the area. For 100 bucks that lineup is pretty damn good.

Leave a comment:

• Hines
    replied
    Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    I heard about that, looks sick. That first day, especially. Wish I could find something like that around here.
    I know in Pittsburgh they are having a four concert thing with Aldean, Rascal Flatts, and I think Luke Bryan.

I would have gone if tickets weren't 500 to go to AZ, plus the 100 or so for the concert tickets. Not paying 600+ for a weekend.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperPacker View Post
    FFS every time i see this thread i think its the "New and Improved Free Agency Thread"
    This thread was made first, so blame whoever made the Free Agency thread, lol.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    I heard about that, looks sick. That first day, especially. Wish I could find something like that around here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information