Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where will this site be in 5 years from now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will this site be in 5 years from now?

Hard to believe I've been posting here since the day Matt Leinart tore apart Oklahoma. I think I was the 30th member.

Where do you guys think this site will be in 5 years? Will it still be popular? Will you still be posting here? Also, how many posts will DG have by then? ;)
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Ah, the memories. I was an avid fan of this site since 04. I never discovered the Forum feature till this past year. I don't know why, i just never imagined that it would be big enough to have a lot of posters.

I still remember to this day the first time i went into the forum. It was like the pearly gates opened, and a flow of sports information was coming at me from everywhere. I'm glad.

In 5 years, DG and JBond will runt he site because Scott will be offered a huge contract by the NFL Network.

Comment

In 5 years there will have been a change in power. JBond will reveal his evil plot, assasinate Scott Wright and take control for himself, renaming it KKSNFLDC, which of course stands for Kosta Koufos's Sexy NFL Draft Countdown. All users will be forced to wear Kosta Koufos sigs and avatars.

Comment

Darnik will be a co-owner with Scott Wright. You heard it here first!!!

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I'm actually curious to hear what Scott thinks about this.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

The site will probably be more popular than it is now and there will an increase in posters. Unfortunately this means The Incredible Draft Dudes and other dodgy posters.

I'm not sure if I will still be posting here. I'll still be a fan of the draft so I think there is a chance that it could happen. However there is a better chance that I become a stalker.

Comment

In 5 years, the majority of the content will only be available for a monthly fee. The 3/4ths of the registered board members will be banned. Mel Kiper will be a moderator.

Comment

In 5 years, this website will be promoted to middle management and run a department of 6 other websites.

Comment

In 5 years this website will have more posters then chocolate rain has views. And chocolate rain has a lot of views.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

Comment

Just curious, how much has the site changed in the 3 years or whatever since it's been going?

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Just as the great book prophesized in 5 years the almighty Severe Punishment and Darnik will return and all will rejoice.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
                        Just curious, how much has the site changed in the 3 years or whatever since it's been going?
                        Tons...it used to be a small little community where everyone knew eachother.

Quickly it evolved...with a first mod...The whole draft forum was filled with cowboys posts...which eventually lead to the creation of the first team forum.

A couple of years later we changed from phbb based forum to vbulletin...and it lead to sub forums for teams and fantasy stuff.

The main change is obviously volume...this is the main reason you still see old timers whine about missing the old times...because they were the glory days. But there is more knowledge here now then has ever been so I think the forum has shown progressive development.

Comment

And the site itself had really changed too. Just look at web.archive.com and look at the site in 04 and then in 05 to now. Started out with (please take no offense Scott) cheap html programing, but has really gotten a much more professional design.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

ESPN will come here for draft info.

Comment

In all honesty, this site is more highly regarded than you guys realize. In the weeks leading up to the draft this year, there were plenty of articles that my local newspaper released that mentioned this site and Scott Wright with sites like ESPN and Scouts.com, and many of the other big ones. In five years, this site will be bigger, much bigger, with a ton more posters. It really is hard to predict actually. I've only been posting for a year and and a half there is so much that has changed since then even, in temrs of format, and posters,a nd content. I don't know if Scott will be as widely known as Mel Kiper or the likes of him, but with how the popularity of the draft is going, there si certainly a slight chance that it is possible. I probably will still be posting here, as I will always be a fan of the draft, but depending on how thigns go in the next five years, I may not. I highly doubt I stop though.
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information