Arrested Development thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrested Development thread

Here is a thread dedicated to one of the best shows ever.

Synopsis: Level-headed son Michael Bluth takes over family affairs after his father is imprisoned. But the rest of his spoiled, dysfunctional family are making his job unbearable (IMDb).

I myself have not seen a funnier show that has so many layers of humor. I have already seen all 3 seasons, but as I was watching it again I caught on to so many more jokes than I did the first time. There are so many references to items such as Charlie Brown (Charlie Brown Screenshot) and the Diary of Anne Frank. Even references aside, there is just a continuous string of jokes that are replayed again and again to add to the depth of the show. If you have not watched this show, I (along with many others), highly recommend you to watch it here. Its a high quality site.

There is also a movie that will most likely be produced. I am very excited for that as well (it will probably have so many jokes for the people who have watched the show).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

got the season 1 dvd today. one of the funniest shows i've ever seen. i think tobias is my favourite character

Comment

My favourite TV Show ever. But it needs to be watched from the beginning to the end in chronological order in order to fully appreciate all of the jokes. I cant wait for the movie!

Comment

Beyond awesome. AD goes down in my book as the greatest sitcom ever. The fact that it only lasted three seasons is an injustice of epic proportions.

Comment

GOB: It's not a trick Michael, it's an illsuion. Tricks are what whores do for money (see's there are children around)........ or cocaine.

I could go on forever with awesome quotes. It is tied for my favorite show ever. So brilliant.
          Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 06-20-2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

AD is quoted to be the "best TV show you will never see"

Originally posted by bsaza2358
            For all the entertainment I have offered, she'd better be getting me some fellatio and a cup of coffee...

Comment

One of my more favorite quotes:

Wife Of Gob: I'm in love with your brother-in-law.
              Gob: You're in love with your own brother? The one in the army?
              Wife Of Gob: No, your sister's husband.
              Gob: Michael? Michael!
              Wife Of Gob: No, that's your sister's brother.
              Gob: No, I'm my sister's brother. You're in love with me - me.
              Wife Of Gob: I'm in love with Tobias.
              Gob: My brother-in-law?
              Wife Of Gob: I know it can never be, so I'm leaving. I'm enlisting in the army.
              Gob: To be with your brother ..
              Wife Of Gob: No!

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

My favorite moment has to be the 'mole' scene in one of the closing episodes of S3. Tobias in the giant mole suit stepping on the model village, then GM and his jetpack flying in to combat the Molezilla. I quite literally lost breath.

Comment

G.O.B.: Yeah, I think that they’re going to know that Annyong’s not your...
                  Annyong: Annyong.
                  G.O.B.: Would somebody please tell this insufferable child... to... God!

love that moment

Comment

Lindsey: Stop it! You've got nothing to gain from that!
                    Girl With Low Self Esteem: That's easy for you to say; you already have a hat!

Comment

I own all 3 seasons. It's greatness.

::indeed::

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                        One of my more favorite quotes:

Wife Of Gob: I'm in love with your brother-in-law.
                        Gob: You're in love with your own brother? The one in the army?
                        Wife Of Gob: No, your sister's husband.
                        Gob: Michael? Michael!
                        Wife Of Gob: No, that's your sister's brother.
                        Gob: No, I'm my sister's brother. You're in love with me - me.
                        Wife Of Gob: I'm in love with Tobias.
                        Gob: My brother-in-law?
                        Wife Of Gob: I know it can never be, so I'm leaving. I'm enlisting in the army.
                        Gob: To be with your brother ..
                        Wife Of Gob: No!
                        What makes that scene funnier is knowing that Amy Poehler is Will Arnett's wife.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Some of my favs.

"I just blue myself"

Comment

just finished season 1, hopefully will get through season 2 this weekend...I've heard that Tobias really steps up his game in season 2, so that's something to look forward to...

Comment

This is great, but where were all you people when it was actually on Fox and couldn't buy ratings?! But as long as you love it, you're good in my book. Arrested Development was the best show to ever grace a television screen, you could surely find numerous easter eggs and references in all the episodes and of course some of the best/most memorable quotes ever.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information