Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs and dirty words, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital on Sunday, a spokesman said. He was 71.

Carlin, who had a history of heart and drug-dependency problems, died at Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica about 6 p.m. PDT (9 p.m. EDT) after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains, spokesman Jeff Abraham told Reuters.

Known for his edgy, provocative material, Carlin achieved status as an anti-Establishment icon in the 1970s with stand-up bits full of drug references and a routine called "Seven Words You Can Never Say On Television." A regulatory battle over a radio broadcast of the routine ultimately reached the U.S. Supreme Court.

In the 1978 case, Federal Communications Commission vs. Pacifica Foundation, the top U.S. court ruled that the words cited in Carlin's routine were indecent, and that the government's broadcast regulator could ban them from being aired at times when children might be listening.
    Rest of Article here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080623/us_nm/carlin_dc

Carlin was pretty much my favorite comedian ever so this news just really sucks and 2008 continues to be a ****** year for deaths.

RIP TheManInBlack

mother ******* piece of **** death! **** IT **** IT!

Comment

this indeed sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is my fav comedian...I remember one time when I was real young I stayed up real late and watched his "Fine and Dandy" skit on late night TV.

This really really sucks!!!!

Comment

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

this can't be. i can't believe this, this sucks so ******* bad. Carlin was a god.
        Last edited by TheGreatEscape; 06-23-2008, 01:55 AM.

Comment

One of my all-time favorite comedians. Yet another great comedian has lost his life while somehow Carrot Top gets to continue his.

RIP

Comment

God damn, RIP you crazy mofo. This is just a huge downer.

Comment

Wow. Rest in Peace to a comedy legend.

Comment

I still cannot grasp this. It is like the death of Steve Irwin. I know it happened but my mind can't grasp it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
                  I still cannot grasp this. It is like the death of Steve Irwin. I know it happened but my mind can't grasp it.
                  Except the death of steve irwin made me laugh and this just makes me wanna cry or push back sobriety again. THE MAN WENT TO ******* CONGRESS TO DEFEND OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                    Except the death of steve irwin made me laugh and this just makes me wanna cry or push back sobriety again. THE MAN WENT TO ******* CONGRESS TO DEFEND OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH
                    Is it bad that we are both laughing now? I don't want to satirize Steve Irwin's death but it just seems like the animal kingdom had an ongoing hit out for him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                      **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

this can't be. i can't believe this, this sucks so ******* bad. Carlin was a god.
                      heh, I find it Ironic that you said he was god, heh.

Comment

Truly a sad day. In honor of George Carlin I have only 7 words to say

****, Piss, ****, ****, ****-Sucker, Mother-******, and Tits

Comment

God bless, Mr. Carlin. He was an inspiration for comedians everywhere. I know, I used to want to be one.

BTW, don't cuss

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

Wow, he was one of the greatest stand-up comedians ever and he will be greatly missed.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              God bless, Mr. Carlin. He was an inspiration for comedians everywhere. I know, I used to want to be one.

BTW, don't cuss
                              I also find it ironic that someone said god bless George Carlin.

bah comedy will never be the same wihtout him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw diabsoule do you not know the 7 words you can say on tv??? everyone should be allowed to cuss here to honor him!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information