Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I dont know if this is lockable, but I would like to start a petition against some teen cerfew laws that we now have in Illinois. How would I go about doing this? Could it be done on a website like Facebook?

Im not getting into politics, so I think I am good on this thread.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

You could create a facebook group about it.

Comment

I don't know how much a Facebook group could influence the law in your community if it doesn't have a ton of members.

Comment

Would I only be able to target teens in my community? Or could I branch out to the state? How then would I get a rep to look at the group?

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
          Would I only be able to target teens in my community? Or could I branch out to the state? How then would I get a rep to look at the group?
          Well the only way you could get people to join is by advertising. In Facebook, all there is to do that is to spam the crap out of other groups, with similar goals that you're trying to accomplish. To then have a state representative to look at it, well i wouldn't know. Maybe with local news publicity on your subject.

Comment

What type of laws do they have as curfew, as far as times and age?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Haha Im trying so hard not to get into it. The new cerfew is 10pm on weekdays, and 11 on weekends for people 18 and under. Nuff said lol.

Well, like a signed petition, you could just print off the list of members. If it required signatures, we could get a member from the group from each school to get them, and mail the signatures to one person (me). Hmm this could work. +rep

Comment

Get a bunch of people to email their representatives about it.

Comment

Contact the State Capitol Building...They should know better than anyone else...Facebook Groups won't do jack

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                  Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Thats what you think ;)

What would they email?

Comment

Not only would you have you start a petition, you would have to find out the reasons why the new curfew is being enforced and counter them through well thought out and reasonable answers. This will be a long drawn out process and simply making a petition isn't going to get it done.

Comment

Haha Im trying so hard not to get into it. The new cerfew is 10pm on weekdays, and 11 on weekends for people 18 and under. Nuff said lol.

Well, like a signed petition, you could just print off the list of members. If it required signatures, we could get a member from the group from each school to get them, and mail the signatures to one person (me). Hmm this could work. +rep
                        thats not that bad

in pa under 18 cant drive after 11

in my city curfew is 10; thing is our movie theater wont sell you tickets if it ends after 10; and they wont let you in a restaurant after 10, but you can drive til 11

makes no sense; but im 20 and dont have to worry about it; its why my lil bro always wants to hang out with me and my friends now b/c they cant do anything

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                          Not only would you have you start a petition, you would have to find out the reasons why the new curfew is being enforced and counter them through well thought out and reasonable answers. This will be a long drawn out process and simply making a petition isn't going to get it done.
                          Well it would be more to bring attention to our representative to bring about change. If the good taxpaying teens of his county want change, then its his job to do so.

Comment

Thats what you think ;)

What would they email?
                            If you get enough people bitching about the curfew you could get things done, what'll be key is getting adults to email the rep as well, because they'll ignore it if it's just a bunch of kids who can't even vote yet.

Comment

You're not going to get it done, its a pretty standard law. Here in Nevada its been in use since before I can remember. People still go out, but they don't get caught. What's an officer going to do? They're going to tell you to go home and then they're going to let you drive off. They'll have no clue if your actually going home, they use an honor system here in Vegas pretty much.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information