Greastest Pitcher of All Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greastest Pitcher of All Time

Not everyone can be added to a poll so hence the OTHER option.

Bob Gibson was best in the clutch. Nolan Ryan is best all time.

Comment

I gotta go with cy.

Comment

I'd have to go with Walter Johnson as he threw up to 99 in the deadball era and was just dominant. He should be on there at least over Nolan Ryan, who really isn't a top 20 pitcher.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I picked Koufax because in a 10 year period I think he was the greatest pitcher to ever play the game. No he did not have the longevity of Rayn and others because he threw himself out.

Comment

It's Walter Johnson, can't believe he's not even on the list. Nolan Ryan and Tom sever shouldn't even be on the list.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur
              I'd have to go with Walter Johnson as he threw up to 99 in the deadball era and was just dominant. He should be on there at least over Nolan Ryan, who really isn't a top 20 pitcher.
              i agree johnson should be there but so should nolan ryan. i dont think maddux should. he has great numbers but hes not better than johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan
                It's Walter Johnson, can't believe he's not even on the list. Nolan Ryan and Tom sever shouldn't even be on the list.
                I had to mix it up, was not going to put 20 people on the list...had to try and mix up eras as well. I could have put Ford, Nikero, Palmer and so many others...

Comment

I think I gotta go with Cy Young. When it all comes down to it, only one stat matters and that is W. And Cy got 511 of them. Plus, he had a career E.R.A. of 2.6 or something.

Christy Matthewson, Walter Johnson, and maybe even Grover Cleveland Alexander should be on that list.

Take off Maddux and Clemens, they're not even done with their careers.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

nolan ryan is the best of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                      I think I gotta go with Cy Young. When it all comes down to it, only one stat matters and that is W. And Cy got 511 of them. Plus, he had a career E.R.A. of 2.6 or something.

Christy Matthewson, Walter Johnson, and maybe even Grover Cleveland Alexander should be on that list.

Take off Maddux and Clemens, they're not even done with their careers.
                      Maddux is a guy that deserves to be on there. He has dominating command and has been extremely consistent. So does Clemens. Cy Young only had 511 wins because his arm lasted so long and he pitched in the deadball era, he never had any dominating stuff really.

The only player I would take off the list is Nolan Ryan, because he never had the best control.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan
                        If you don't think Tom Seaver should be on this list then you don't even belong in the discussion. He has a career E.R.A below 3 which most of these guys don't have. He also has over 300 wins and 3,500 K's.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I agree, I can't believe and old timer like yourself would leave guys like Walter Johnson and Grover Alexander off.

Comment

Originally posted by thule
                            I agree, I can't believe and old timer like yourself would leave guys like Walter Johnson and Grover Alexander off.
                            You need to go back and read what I wrote...umm in two places actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Texico From Mexico
                              Originally posted by thule
                              You need to go back and read what I wrote...umm in two places actually.
                              thats not an excuse for not putting on johnson

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information