Sig Contest--Gauging interest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig Contest--Gauging interest

If we had another sigmakers contest, would people be interested? By this, I am talking about having a round every 3-4 days in which you have to make a sig banner with photoshop in a specific category. One round might be the All-Star game, another might be the 2008 Boston Celtics, Super Bowl XLII, etc. This is for all you Photoshop junkies out there to get a challenge and to show off your skills.

Ideally, I would want to have a qualifying round for any amount of people, and then the top 16 will go on. Then 8. Then 4. Then a showdown of 2 where only 1 sigmaker comes out standing. But obviously it will depend on the interest this receives.

So who would be up for a contest? Know that this would take at least 2 1/2 to 3 weeks so if you're going on vacation to the Smithsonian or you're going to cheer camp in a week, know that you would be disqualified.

I would also like to mention that you are strongly encouraged to make new sigs rather than using old ones. This obviously cannot be fully enforced, but this is a challenge to everyone who has Photoshop as much as anything. So take that challenge to try to make a new sig banner.

I will also need judges for the contest. I would be one, so I'm looking for either 2 or 4 other guys. I will accept the judges on reliability and steadiness on the forum. I can't have judges bailing on me after 1 round.

So if you are interested in this, just post in this thread and we'll try to get this thing off the ground. If you're interested in being a judge, please PM me.

Ok, so far these are the guys entering the contest.
    Pacific
    The Dynasty
    bantx
    iworshipbender
    islandboy843
    Primetime121

Hawk, you in? Awfullyquiet, how about you?
    Last edited by nobodyinparticular; 06-25-2008, 06:35 PM.

Oldie but a goodie.

I sent a PM.
    Last edited by Splat; 06-25-2008, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I'd be interested. I plain sucked in the last one so I need to redeem myself.

Comment

I can be a judge if you want? I have had experience in this sorta thing before.

p.s. Before you stress bantx i wont be bias against you because you are a douche, i will judge solely on the quality of the sigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
          I sent a PM.
          Response sent.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post

p.s. Before you stress bantx i wont be bias against you because you are a douche, i will judge solely on the quality of the sigs.
            Send me a PM.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Yeah ill be up for it. The only thing is I will be going on Vacation in the end of July might be gone till the beginning of August. Unknown. But If we have a week in advance to make the signature it shouldnt be a problem. Just let me know.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                Yeah ill be up for it. The only thing is I will be going on Vacation in the end of July might be gone till the beginning of August. Unknown. But If we have a week in advance to make the signature it shouldnt be a problem. Just let me know.
                I don't foresee a problem with finishing the contest within a month.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Best Matt Ryan sig. Go.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

5 bucks on Vikes99!

Comment

You need to make sure Mockalicious joins this.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post

if u become a judge the sig competition will be a joke because ur opinion on a quality sig is horrible

btw im in this

Comment

I'll be a participant.

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

I would like to join in on this.

Comment

I'd judge.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information