IRC Comic Game (Applications)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRC Comic Game (Applications)

I imagine many of you saw my teaser awhile back, located here (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...d.php?t=22582). This is what was meant by it.

Comahan and I have created an online IRC Trading Card Game called “IRComics.” This game is played on IRC and allows you to collect super heroes and super villains to pit against other NFLDC members in match-ups that you can only dream of in comic books.

We have gone through a two week, double blind beta test with numerous NFLDC members (special thanks to comahan, Draftguru, AperfectScore, Wo_ot, Forenci, Renji, Scottyboy, Turtlepower, diabsoule, and fenikz). We have tweaked the game and now have nearly 200 unique characters to play as along with some fun ways to play.

Think of the game as something similar to Magic The Gathering, Pokemon Cards, or even the Star Wars TCG. You get certain “cards” (or in our game, characters) who each have unique abilities, attacks, etc. You form a team with the characters you have and battle again someone else who has a team. You will earn money by playing games, and can spend that money on booster packs and more. Everyone will start off with 4 heroes and 4 villains and expand their collection from there. With so much to collect, the game will stay fresh and you can always trade with other people.. We’ll also be holding tournaments, championship matches, and more for those who participate. If you have some free time and want something fun to do, IRComics can be really great. Just ask anyone in the beta!

Applications: We will now take applications for people who are interested in joining the game. I recognize that you won’t know much about it or what is, or if it will be fun, but we are asking for people who can be on IRC at some point during the day and play at least one or two games (on average,) a day. So, if you are able to connect to IRC and are around enough to play, please apply!

To apply, send an e-mail to IRComic@gmail.com with the following information:

NFLDC Username

Have you used mIRC before?

Are you interested in Comics and superheroes at all?

What makes you a good candidate for an online game (i.e. why should JBond and comahan pick you?)

Comahan and I will go through and pick who we feel are contributing members of the forum and who have the personality and vigor to be a member of this game. Those of you who don’t get in, don’t worry, as when people drop, who knows! We want all applications in by July 4th at the latest, but the earlier the better.
    Last edited by Shane P. Hallam; 06-27-2008, 04:39 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

I want psylocke!!!!

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Why am I nervous as to whose going to apply and possibly be accepted for this?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Note to self: Never give Psylocke to TP.

Comment

Originally posted by comahan View Post
          Note to self: Never give Psylocke to TP.
          Note to self: Always pick 9 when choosing new cards.

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
            Note to self: Always pick 9 when choosing new cards.
            Note to self: Modify booster system.

Comment

i signed up! whoooo hoooo maybe this time Commie wont take away my Apocalypse card when i finally get a good one...
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Do the guys who have already participated have to reapply?

WHO DAT!

Comment

Yes, no one other than comahan and myself are readily accepted.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                    Yes, no one other than comahan and myself are readily accepted.
                    I just sent in my application *crosses fingers*

WHO DAT!

Comment

You guys better have the extra special hero that is US. 1.
                      http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox25/

Comment

Ill apply right now :)

Comment

Excellent! Looks like it should be fun getting some new scrubs to play against!

Just kidding. Though this will be a lot of fun for those who haven't had a chance to play it.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

No new guys??

Comment

so i haz to apply? psssh. only if I keep my C and B Venom and get Spiderman A, B, and C kthx
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information