Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Buying a TV

so, my tv broke the other day

need to buy a new one; i know to get an hd one (we have the hd channels), but i dont know anything else about tv; like plasma, lcd, etc

its in our main room, and the xbox will be hooked up to it

something around 30"-46"; something around $900 (stimulus check just came:) )

thanks

cred 2 BoneKrusher

http://www.avsforum.com

LCD is likely your best bet. Get a brand name.

Other than that, there's a million options that depend on how much you want to spend, what is important to you, etc.

Comment

LCD is the way to go if your gonna hook up your xbox to it..
      Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

LCD is better than Plasma, I feel. My roommate bought a 46" Sony Bravia recently and it's amazing. I love that TV.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

If you are looking for a 900 dollar TV you need to go LCD for sure. Make sure to get a good brand. I would recomend getting a 32 inch LG, Samsung, or Sharp as they all would be perfect for what you are looking for and they should only run you about 700 bucks.

Comment

I have a 32 inch TV i bought recently i love it its a perfect size for ur room, i have my xbox hooked up to it too, HD really does make a difference when ur playing.

Comment

get a vizio or visio or something like that. they look good in the commercials

Comment

unless you have a massive room it's better to get a tv in the 30''-35'' range. Plasma has better picture, but lcd is more durable and will last longer because images burn into plasma screens.

PM me for sig requests
                Originally posted by Sean Connery
                Suck it Trebek!

Comment

There is also the issue of it being near impossible to see a plasma TV if you get sunlight in the room the TV is in so unless your TV is in the basement LCD is the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                    There is also the issue of it being near impossible to see a plasma TV if you get sunlight in the room the TV is in so unless your TV is in the basement LCD is the answer.
                    looks like lcd in; room gets sunlight the entire morning/afternoon

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

make sure you get 1080i

Yeah just watch out for image burn in you tv.

Samsung is a really popular tv.

Also Plasmas die out, pretty quick

http://www.projectorpeople.com/resou...-projector.asp

Comment

I would go with Sony, Samsung's sometimes go kaput.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I have a thin, dim black line going through my tv. Sometimes it's pretty bad but, I dont see it when I'm playing my 360. Hell if I know what it is. It sucks, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

Not all Plasmas die out quick. I helped my parents get a TV and we made sure to get a very good brand as it is guaranteed to never die.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              I would go with Sony, Samsung's sometimes go kaput.
                              You got to check your warranty. For what it goes kaput for, if you mean burn out. Half-life thing the TV will usally last 30,000 hour min. And thats around 12:D years min.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information