Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic Wade vs. James

Wade vs. James

I really don't follow basketball much but I've been hearing so much about Wade that I just want to hear from some of you basketball fans who do you think is better.

• Shiver
    replied
    The only players in NBA history to average 31, 7 and 6 in a season.

Oscar Robinson
    Jerry West
    Michael Jordan
    LeBron James*

* In his third year, at only 21 years old

Championships are a poor way of judging a player, Wade had a far superior roster. Contrast;

O'Neal
    Haslem
    Zo
    Walker
    Williams
    Payton
    Posey

with:

Ilgauskas
    Gooden
    Varejao
    Snow
    Jones
    Marshall
    Hughes (injured all year)

Yeah, Wade willed his team to the championship, unlike LeBron. After all, Miami's motto was "1 Strong." :roll:

Leave a comment:

• cunningham06
    replied
    I like Melo because I like Syracuse but the four teams that I watch the closest are 1st the cavs because Lebron is amazing, #2 the rockets bc I live in Houston #3 the Heat because I like Dwayne and Alonzo is a freak shot blocker #4 the Nuggets mainly because watching earl boykins play is so awesome, he represents for short people everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied
    I think the fact that no one sees Carmelo plays hurt him. Honestly I saw maybe 5 Nuggets games this year.

Leave a comment:

• Brodeur
    replied
    Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan
    Originally posted by Brodeur
    Originally posted by draftguru151
    I think it's funny how this will be an argument for the next 10 years.
    David Stern better hope so.
    He's making sure of it.

Despite the fact that people don't realize it, the most clutch player from the '03 draft is Carmelo Anthony(he's made more game winners than anyone in the last 2 years), not Dwayne Wade or LeBron. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    It's not all about game winners my friend. Wade is able to control almost all facets of the game in the fourth quarter and definitely wins most clutch in my mind.
    I actually read back up and Carmelo is far ahead for this year. This year, in the final 24 seconds(when the game is tied or down by 1 or 2), Carmelo was 11-17. Wade was 6-17. Those don't include playoffs, but still. 'Melo also had more game winning FT attempts. Carmelo can take over a game in the fourth quarter and even though he is pretty much always double teamed, he manages to come through.

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied
    Originally posted by Nelo Ice
    id like to see wade hit game winning shots...and no fts dont count.....
    HAHAHAHAHA, thats great. Are you serious, you think Wade hasn't made a good amount of game winning shots.

My favorite was the one against the Knicks last season. That was sick.

Leave a comment:

• DHVF
    replied
    Originally posted by Brodeur
    He's making sure of it.

Despite the fact that people don't realize it, the most clutch player from the '03 draft is Carmelo Anthony(he's made more game winners than anyone in the last 2 years), not Dwayne Wade or LeBron. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    It's not all about game winners my friend. Wade is able to control almost all facets of the game in the fourth quarter and definitely wins most clutch in my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Nelo Ice
    replied
    id like to see wade hit game winning shots...and no fts dont count.....
    also wade is just too one dimensional atm
    he needs to learn how to play good D and shoot the 3 better and he just developed his jump shot

Leave a comment:

• Brodeur
    replied
    He's making sure of it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    LeBron should sign with NYK after next season :shock:
    That way we'd have Curry - Fry - Lebron - Wade - Paul as our starting lineup. :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied
    LeBron should sign with Miami after next season :shock:

Leave a comment:

• DHVF
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    No it won't. By next year it'll be if Wade and lebron became a single fusion player of the two, could that player hold up to Nate Robinson?

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scotty D
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotty D
    Originally posted by yodachu
    I voted Wade cuz I am a biased piece of ***********.
    And because Dallas would've been able to find a way to stop LeBron, unlike they were able to do with Wade. In that series, the Mavs knew the ball was gonna go to Wade and they did everything they could to stop him and yet weren't successful.
    The Mavericks faced the Cav's two times during the regular season. In those games Lebron James.

3/14 he had 36 points in a loss.

3/29 he had 46 points in a win.

Its hard to speculate about a team defending a player, but these stats shoud help.
    Those are single regular season games. The Mavs couldn't figure out how to stop Wade in a 6 game series.
    I wasn't even talking about Wade. I was talking about people assuming that Dallas would find a way to defend Lebron James.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information