No announcement yet.

College Major

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went from Journalism to English to Philosophy to Music (and integrated sound technology). Looking at a minor in electrical engineering and possibly composition once I transfer.

Comment

I have no idea what I'm gonna major in. Maybe computer science or journalism. But probably not.

Comment

Computer Information Systems.

We have the highest starting salaries coming out of my school.

Comment

I am a Mechanical Engineering Major. My first choice was Electrical Engineering then I realized it was pretty boring so switched out after my first semester.

Yeah a lot of people switch majors after they start college, because it turns out to be completely different from what the envisioned or they just wanted an easier way. But read up on something you like that require a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
            When will you be able to start up your own meth lab?
            I could probably give it a shot now, but I'm assuming that I would die within 16 hours of trying.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Marine Biology

Comment

I was a history major. Don't major in it unless you want to go to law school or go for your master's. Other than that it's just a useless degree.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

I'm a Journalism Major and a History Minor.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    I was a history major. Don't major in it unless you want to go to law school or go for your master's. Other than that it's just a useless degree.
                    You can be a teacher with your Bachellor's. But yea if you don't want to have to babysit kids try to get your Masters or even a PHD.

Comment

Double.

Finance & Economics.

Comment

Sports Administration

Comment

I'm going to RU(<3) to try and get in their sports management program with either history/teaching, criminal justice or journalism as backup plans
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by twista6002 View Post
                            You can be a teacher with your Bachellor's. But yea if you don't want to have to babysit kids try to get your Masters or even a PHD.
                            You have to be certified to teach so you need to major in Social Studies Education not just straight history.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              You have to be certified to teach so you need to major in Social Studies Education not just straight history.
                              It depends on the school, but part of getting your history degree is getting your teaching certificate. Like I like to do 54 units of history, but 18 of them are in Education.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                                I'm going to RU(<3) to try and get in their sports management program with either history/teaching, criminal justice or journalism as backup plans
                                RU history is pretty good, but it's nationally acclaimed for its CrimJustice dept. They have all kinds of internships with the city of New York and New Jersey state police and such.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information