College Major

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Major

First year freshman at college and im my second semester while my major is still Undecided. I have no idea what I want for a major. Just curious to know what some of your majors are/were...
    Last edited by Thunder&Lightning; 02-12-2009, 08:02 PM.

Well let's see..

First college I went to was Pre-Business(Marketing)

then I switched to Accounting

and now finally I'm doing Management Information Systems and I think this is what I wanna do
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Major: Health,Human Performance and Kinesiology - teaching emphasis.

Yep, I was a P.E. major.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Mine was Business Administration, but I changed it too Web Graphic Design.
        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

History is a great major, the only problem is that jobs pertaining to a degree in history don't pay too well. Nonetheless, if you enjoy it, it's a great subject to study.

Comment

I was Undecided until I transferred here and then I chose English over Philosophy.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

For the time being I'm a chemistry major, so I should be ready to kill myself any day now.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

business and commerce, as of now

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

The thing that kind of sucks is that while you can Major what you want to do (or enjoy doing), it has high ramifications.

I want to be a journalist and want to get into the career of media.

However, magazines and newspapers are quickly becoming dated and any tongue-wagging Guido with a jheri curl who dropped out of elementary school due to being a boss, can create a blog and make money. Plus networking is key, and it's obviously recommended to be in a metropolitan type area. Due to financial restrictions, my best bet is Rutgers (NYC area) but I am getting some $$$ from schools for track and that's going to be cheaper for me and my family. Tough times.

I'm looking into Human Kinetics.
                  Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Still in high school, but I plan to major in electrical engineering. Maybe computer engineering but depending on the school.

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                      The thing that kind of sucks is that while you can Major what you want to do (or enjoy doing), it has high ramifications.

I want to be a journalist and want to get into the career of media.

However, magazines and newspapers are quickly becoming dated and any tongue-wagging Guido with a jheri curl who dropped out of elementary school due to being a boss, can create a blog and make money. Plus networking is key, and it's obviously recommended to be in a metropolitan type area. Due to financial restrictions, my best bet is Rutgers (NYC area) but I am getting some $$$ from schools for track and that's going to be cheaper for me and my family. Tough times.

I'm looking into Human Kinetics.
                      RU has a good journalism school. I had to take a few journalism classes and one of my professors was a crime blog writer for the Newark Star-Ledger. He told us all these places where mafia killings took place and how they were done and where if a Delcavante Family associate goes missing where you can find him. I also got to meet two of the kids from the Seton Hall fire and got to write a piece about that. But I wouldn't be intimidated by the lousy market, because you can still write books. My dad's a lawyer and he hates it. He tells me to do what I want, not what the economy says.

Comment

You won't be finding out what you'll want to major in by reading what others did online. A lot of students go into college not knowing what they want to major in, so I wouldn't really worry if I were you.

I plan on majoring in nursing and taking a minor in sports medicine, but I'm still a junior in high school so my plans are still technically undecided. Anyways, I suggest you just go with whatever you have and you'll find something you're interested in. I find that reading books or anything that interests you helps you decide what you want to do in life.

Comment

Came to school undecided, and for whatever reason I decided to become a math major. We'll see how that plays out for me...at least there's a few appealing things I can do with it.

Comment

I have just enough cool to be in Mathematics Education.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              For the time being I'm a chemistry major, so I should be ready to kill myself any day now.
                              When will you be able to start up your own meth lab?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information