Official Wine Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Wine Thread

I see all the beer and drinking threads. I want to start the wine thread. I love wines. I drink wine every other day. Cheap or top shelf it doesnt matter to me. Over the course of my enxt posts i will detail to you my favorites and when I like to drink them and with what.

Anyone people winos like myself? Red or white? Burgandy ? Chianti? Pinot Grigio? What do you like!
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
      I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti
      :o :o :o :o Such a great line. I used to buy gallons of Carlo Rossi in college. 10 bucks of a decent wine not god awful but not average, just decent.
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I drink any type of red wine. I can't stand white wine. I can also go from the cheapest bottle to having excellent stuff. I've had a ton of different reds since I work at a liquor store.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

When we're on our last few bucks and wanna drink, we buy a box of White Zinfandel. Never had any of the good stuff, wouldn't know what to order it with.

Comment

My favorite grape is actually zinfandel. I like a strong, fruit forward zin with that high alcohol content. Everybody wants to be a Pinot Noir or Cab fan but for my money you can't beat a good Zin. A couple of my quick favorites -

-Rombauer
            -Martinelli

Those two are some of the best off the top of my head. If you ever see either one in a store, pick it up and thank me later.

Comment

I went to a vineyard in the valley this past summer. I'll post some pics. It was Artesa. So gorgeous, and it was cool learning about the process and seeing people at work. Plus the wine tasting was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                My favorite grape is actually zinfandel. I like a strong, fruit forward zin with that high alcohol content. Everybody wants to be a Pinot Noir or Cab fan but for my money you can't beat a good Zin. A couple of my quick favorites -

-Rombauer
                -Martinelli

Those two are some of the best off the top of my head. If you ever see either one in a store, pick it up and thank me later.
                Ravenswood Lodi Zinfandel is one of my favorites especially for the price at about $15.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Ravenswood Lodi Zinfandel is one of my favorites especially for the price at about $15.

Yea +1 that's another good one. The thing about zinfandel is you can get so many great deals like that because I think people have a stigma about Zins and like I said earlier, everyone wants a Pinot Noir or a big Cab. Don't get me wrong, I'll drink them but you just have to spend so much more money for the same quality wine IMO.

Folie A deux and Chateau Montelena also make really great zins if you ever see them.

Comment

Funny story sorta

I went out to dinner one night and saw Barefoot Pinot Grigio on the menu and a glass was 7.50. The liquor store next to my apartment used to have 2 for 14 bucks bottles of Barefoot lol. Barefoot was a decent cheap wine. I like their Cab alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                      Yea +1 that's another good one. The thing about zinfandel is you can get so many great deals like that because I think people have a stigma about Zins and like I said earlier, everyone wants a Pinot Noir or a big Cab. Don't get me wrong, I'll drink them but you just have to spend so much more money for the same quality wine IMO.

Folie A deux and Chateau Montelena also make really great zins if you ever see them.
                      Folie A deux is very good, love the aromas of that one as well.

I want some vino right now, but I am at work.

Comment

Back in college my roommate and I used to make wine in the closet.
                        Scott Wright, President
                        Draft Countdown.com
                        www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                          LOL.

And how did that go?

Comment

my dad has the most awesome winecellar, all really high end bordeaux and he is never gonna finish all of them, actually had a premieur grand cru this christmas, it was awesome.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                            - Corner or Wideout in the first
                            - No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                              that cant have been good

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                              - Corner or Wideout in the first
                              - No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information