2009 NCAA Baseball Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 NCAA Baseball Thread

Baseball has begun and I am really looking forward to a young ASU squad. This weekend, we play the school of current NFLDC member yodachu as we go up against UW-Milwaukee.

If anyone wants to take a look at possibly the toughest schedule in NCAA, look no further than ASU: http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/...ebl-sched.html

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

wvu baseball sucks

but college world series=FTW

so much fun

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
      wvu baseball sucks

but college world series=FTW

so much fun
      Seriously last year's CWS was awesome. I like how ESPN is actually doing more coverage of it every year.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

TAMU baseball FTW! #5 in the coaches poll!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Let's go Canes!

Losing Erickson for the season hurts, but they still have the stud known as Chris Hernandez ready to go. Freshman of the Year last year.

They lost A LOT of offense, but that whole lineup was stacked and while they won't put up quite the numbers they did last year, I still feel they'll be up there in terms of runs scored at the end of the year.

I don't see them getting back to Omaha this year, but they'll definitely make the SR's as a 1 or 2 seed.

Team is young, but they have a lot of room to grow.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Keep a look out for Illinois

Comment

Great thread, there are a few players I'm following closely this year. As for ASU I can see them winning the CWS, despite losing half of their recruiting class they still have a hell of a frosh class with Johnny Ruettiger and Riccio Torrez and still have players like Mike Leake and Jason Kipnis to boot. Going to be a great year all around.

DJP, I got I'm following on Miami, new recruit from a JC in Texas. He was a catcher/infielder in JC and a 10th Round Pick last year for the Orioles who didn't sign. His name is Ryan Herrmann. He should be a 2nd-3rd round pick I believe

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Perry View Post
                Keep a look out for Illinois
                I love Illinois, but Big Ten baseball is not at the level of the top conferences such as the Big 12, SEC, Big West, ACC, West Coast Conference, and Pac 10.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
                  I love Illinois, but Big Ten baseball is not at the level of the top conferences such as the Big 12, SEC, Big West, ACC, West Coast Conference, and Pac 10.
                  Illini baseball is just not good

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                    Great thread, there are a few players I'm following closely this year. As for ASU I can see them winning the CWS, despite losing half of their recruiting class they still have a hell of a frosh class with Johnny Ruettiger and Riccio Torrez and still have players like Mike Leake and Jason Kipnis to boot. Going to be a great year all around.

DJP, I got I'm following on Miami, new recruit from a JC in Texas. He was a catcher/infielder in JC and a 10th Round Pick last year for the Orioles who didn't sign. His name is Ryan Herrmann. He should be a 2nd-3rd round pick I believe
                    He doesn't expect to play catcher, does he?

Yasmani Grandal is the starting catcher for Miami, he's not great offensively but he is damn good behind the plate.
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                      He doesn't expect to play catcher, does he?

Yasmani Grandal is the starting catcher for Miami, he's not great offensively but he is damn good behind the plate.
                      Probably moving to third base but he's much more valuable as a catcher. I was disappointed with Grandal last year, didn't he hit only like .230?

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                        Probably moving to third base but he's much more valuable as a catcher. I was disappointed with Grandal last year, didn't he hit only like .230?
                        Yeah, he didn't have a good year at the plate but he's magic behind it.

Great game caller. One of the few college catchers who can do it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                          Yeah, he didn't have a good year at the plate but he's magic behind it.

Great game caller. One of the few college catchers who can do it himself.
                          He needs to raise that AVG significantly to be drafted any higher than he was out of high school

Comment

I can't wait to go to opening day at the new Alex Box! Got my tickets, just waiting on the 20th. Best stadium in the country, top 5 baseball team. Can't get any better than that.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                              I can't wait to go to opening day at the new Alex Box! Got my tickets, just waiting on the 20th. Best stadium in the country, top 5 baseball team. Can't get any better than that.
                              DJ LeMahieu ftfw

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information