HELP, Computer troubles!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP, Computer troubles!

Today my bro slammed my laptop down, like how one closes it to sleep mode, but he slammed it really hard. I open it back up and nothing starts up so I manually shut it down. Now when I turn it on, it brings me to a screen that says

"Windows Error Recovery

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be
    the cause.

If Windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, startup
    repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. If power was interrupted
    during startup, choose start windows normally.

Launch Startup Repair (recommended)
    Start Windows Normally"

At first, I had no idea this screen popped up, as I left and came back. So when I came back, windows went into Startup Repair mode, and I had no idea, so I manually shut down again. I tried to start normally and it didn't work. It keeps showing the load screen without the Vista boot logo. Then I try the Launch Startup Repair and that won't work now. It gets past the load screen(still no Vista boot logo) but then goes blank and my mouse shows up a few minutes later. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

first, punch your brother in the head for breaking your damn laptop

bonekrusher on the sig magic
    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
      first, punch your brother in the head for breaking your damn laptop
      Don't worry, already been done.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
        Don't worry, already been done.
        Second, punch your brother in the head again and make him buy you a new laptop.

Comment

Third, punch your brother in the head and make him feel like **** for breaking your lap tap.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

fourth, take my joke and run it into the ground

this is vital

bonekrusher on the sig magic
            <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
            <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

fifth, continue to run second joke to the ground, killing both.
              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Okay, idk wtf happened, but I click on my windows media direct connect button instead of my power button to start my laptop and see if anything happens. The computer starts, but I get a windowslogon.exe error and then the blue screen of death. I restart my comp and get this message

"windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt windows root system32hal.dll" It tells me to re-install and reboot, does anyone know how to fix this???

Comment

Ummmmm your ******...and this is coming from an expert.

Comment

You try the windows disc?

Comment

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                      You try the windows disc?
                      I just stuck in my Vista Operating System disc after the windowslogon.exe error, idk if this is the right one, and it brought me to this like default Vista screen(blue and teal) and nothing comes up but my mouse.

An improvement from before as it wouldn't even get to that screen before, it would be stuck on loading.

Comment

Either your os corrupted due to the missing file and/or your hard drive crashed.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                          Either your os corrupted due to the missing file and/or your hard drive crashed.
                          Anyway that I can fix it? Or will I have to send it to Dell?

Comment

Usually the missing file would be fixed by a simple repair with the os disc in but I dont have much experience with fixing vista equipped pc's.

Comment

It wasn't your brother. Do you have a window recovery disk? If not, do you have a computer that you can download windows? If you have a second computer, download windows(however you want, I won't go into how because it will get me in trouble for illegal activity.) Burn it onto a DVD and start your comp with it, and reinstall windows. TaDa, your computer now works.
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information