Gun Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
    What kind of gun would you recommend for hunting large bi-pedal mammals?
    Depends. Human, or Bigfoot?
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Hes kind of hairy so big foot.

Comment

Hes kind of hairy so big foot.
        Eh, can't help you there. I'm more of a chupacabra hunter myself.
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
          Eh, can't help you there. I'm more of a chupacabra hunter myself.
          January there was a chupacabra attack in my village, he killed all of our goats..I don't know how my people will make it through the winter without goat fur to keep warm or milk for sustenance...

Comment

remington 870 express is an awesome relatively inexpensive shotgun. Get the 3 1/2 inch and you can use it for everything from ducks to bears. Also, Mossberg makes some good guns, don't buy a benelli unless you're rich and want to spend twice as much money as you need to.

As for hunting large bipedal mammals, over the course of my military career I've found that nothing beats the good ol' mikey deuce for taking down a dude, er...bigfoot
            Last edited by senormysterioso; 03-02-2009, 11:51 AM.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
              I guess the question is, what are you going to use the shotgun for? Are you going to take it to shooting ranges? Are you going to go hunting?

I don't claim to know a ton about shotguns, but it would seem to me that you could track down a simple 3-piece 12-gauge shotgun if you're looking for simplicity. If you're actually going to hunt with it, that's a whole other story.
              Its mostly for home defense but I want to shoot it at this dirt hill at my friend's house. I guess eventually I could go hunting with the police chief in my town which would be awesome.

Comment

I have a Remington 20 gauge 870 Express Magnum Youth Model pump, you can change all the chokes up for the different species of animal your going for.

My absolute favorite gun!
                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                  Its mostly for home defense but I want to shoot it at this dirt hill at my friend's house. I guess eventually I could go hunting with the police chief in my town which would be awesome.
                  Awesome. That's what that is.
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

I have a Benelli Super Black Eagle II. Very, very happy with it.
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Well, personally, I'm of the opinion that if you want to go to a range with your gun, then a rifle is the place to go. Right now Big 5 is selling vintage soviet bolt-action rifles for $89.99 and you can get vintage ammo for them for about 14 cents a shot (last time I checked).

Comment

I've got a couple of guns (03-06 rifle & a 22 Colt Woodsman Pistol), but the best one that i have is a 6.5mm Model 38 Japanese Carbine Rifle. My step-grandpa was bayonetted with it in the Philippines during WWII with this type of bayonette:

The tough SOB wrestled it away from the Japanese soldier, pulled it out of himself (it ran all the way through his mid-section) & shot him with it. He collapsed and brought the gun back with him to the hospital.

It hasn't been altered and you can still see the stamp from the Japanese manufacturer on it. It's worth a little bit of cash, but the story is priceless.
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

What kind of gun would you recommend for hunting large bi-pedal mammals?
                          You should be able to pick up an semi-automatic AR-15 for less then a grand. Those are real easy to convert to fully automatic if you have any knowledge of trigger assemblies and sere pins.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                            I'm really thinking about getting one soon. I really want a Glock.
                            Glock is the way to go, the magazines are interchangeable in several models and they're easily the best quality of your dollar.

Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
                            Its all about bow and arrows.
                            That's the only kind of hunting worth doing. Any asshole can shoot a dear from a couple hundred yards away with a rifle. It's so much more fun and challenging to get within a couple yards of a deer.

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                            what the hell do you need a gun for?
                            In America, people like a piece of mind when it comes to feeling safe and they feel better about it owning a weapon. Also, hunting is rather big in America.

Its mostly for home defense
                            If you are looking for home defense, nothing beats a pistol. You aren't going to be wielding a shotgun in a confined space, that's impractical and likely to make matters worse.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Meet The Judge:

Not really practical, but looks cool.

BoneKrusher

Comment

What?! What gauge is that?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information