Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Could Have a Day with Anyone.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Could Have a Day with Anyone.....

..... in each of these categories to talk sports or life with who would it be? Choose one for each:

Coach: Phil Jackson

Athlete: Michael Jordan

Idol/Role Model: Dad

Artist (music, writer, actor, etc): Jon Stewart

Artist B (see above): Steve Rosenbloom (Chicago Sports Writer)

Famous (president, politician, broadcaster etc): Barack Obama (current President would be my choice and he's the current President)

Attend this Game/Event (optional): 1997 WCW Starcade - Sting vs Hogan (ringside)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Coach: I'd go with Mike McCarthy. I met him in Indianapolis this year. A lot cooler than he portrays in his press conferences.
    Athlete: This is tough. Chase Utley/Cole Hamels/Brett Favre/Shane Victorino
    Idol/Role Model: Mom
    Artist (music, writer, actor, etc): John Mayer, the tail he pulls and the creativity he has is awesome.
    Artist B (see above): Will Smith
    Famous (president, politician, broadcaster etc): Barack Obama
    Attend this Game/Event (optional): Game 6 of the 2008 World Series

Comment

This is a good thread idea.

Coach: Bill Walsh

Athlete: Steve Young

Role Model: My father's father

Artist: Chris Conley

Artist B: Stephen Colbert

Famous: Christopher Hitchens (I find him so interesting)

Attend this Game/Event: Monterey International Pop Music Festival, June 1967

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Coach: Ozzie Guillen, not a White Sox fan but guarantee it would be interesting.

Athlete: Grant Hill, I'd rather talk to someone who's had an up and down career than just a great one than MJ or LeBron or someone. Would be an interesting perspective

Idol/Role Model: Probably Bernie Kosar, I've met him before and he was a nice guy. Him or Jim Thome, who I worshiped growing up.

Artist (music, writer, actor, etc): Rivers Cuomo, because he's a nerd and so am I.

Artist B (see above): Alan Moore, Watchmen, V for Vendetta...guy's gotta be a bit off, but brilliant too.

Famous (president, politician, broadcaster etc): I suppose I'd have to say Barack, if we're talking live presidents, if not then George Washington.

Attend this Game/Event (optional): Aside from the obvious, the Miracle on Ice, LeBron's amazing overtime performance against Detroit.
        Last edited by BrownsTown; 03-02-2009, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Coach: REX RYAN

Role Model: Steve Smith

Athlete: Well Steve Smith but because I got him as my role model Ill say Darrell Revis

Artist: Mario or Chris Brown

Artist B: Will Smith

Famous: Obama

Comment

coach: bob huggins

athlete: cal ripken jr----favorite player growing up

role model: ????

artist: tough one; probably robert plant, since zeppelin is currently what im listening to (go through stages where i listen to band/artist/etc on way to class)

artist b: rick reilly---favorite sports writer

famous: george bush; talk about baseball, and seems like he'd be a cool guy to catch a game with and chill for a couple hours

event: masters/kentucky derby/big time boxing event; 3 events i want to attend in my lifetime

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Coach: Don Shula
              Athlete: Mariusz Pudzianowski
              Role Model: Ron Paul
              Artist: Bret Easton Ellis
              Artist 2: Dan LeBatard
              Famous: Tom Cruise
              Attend this game/event: An early Sublime concert for event, a Muhammad Ali title fight for a sporting event.

These are not necessarily my favorite athletes or actors, but I think if I hung out with some people I truly admire they would end up being kind of a let down and not stand up to the pedestal you put them on, if that makes sense. An example would be Clint Eastwood, I ******* love Clint Eastwood but it's impossible to expect him to live up to the persona he has created with his films.

Comment

Coach: Bobby Valentine

Athlete: David Wright

Idol/Role Model: (can talk with my parents anytime so... Matt Ryan

Artist: Brad Pitt

Famous (president, politician, broadcaster etc): The Mets broadcasting trio of Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez, and Ron Darling
                Politician Type? Bobby Jindal or Michael Petraeus

Attend this Game/Event: 1986 World Series
                Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds; 03-02-2009, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Coach: Joe Torre

Athlete: Roberto Clemente or Jeff Feagles

Idol/Role Model: Michael Strahan

Artist (music, writer, actor, etc): George Carlin(would be the funniest night of my life)

Artist B (see above): Joe Strummer or Micky Rourke

Famous (president, politician, broadcaster etc): Bill Russert or Bob Shepard

Attend this Game/Event (optional): The Last Game at Yankee Stadium with front row seats
                  Last edited by OSUGiants17; 03-02-2009, 07:22 PM.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                    Ron Paul
                    He's such a nice guy and incredibly smart. I got to meet him back in 2007 and I thought he was one of the most interest people I ever met. I might not agree with his politics but just an awesome guy.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                      Coach: Joe Torre

Athlete: Michael Strahan

Idol/Role Model: I can't really decide

Artist (music, writer, actor, etc): George Carlin(would be the funniest night of my life)

Artist B (see above): Jen S. (that really hot FSU girl)

Famous (president, politician, broadcaster etc): Bill Russert

Attend this Game/Event (optional): The Last Game at Yankee Stadium with front row seats
                      Uh...Really? -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        He's such a nice guy and incredibly smart. I got to meet him back in 2007 and I thought he was one of the most interest people I ever met. I might not agree with his politics but just an awesome guy.

He seems like that type of guy. He would be really cool to meet.

Comment

Coach: Bill Cowher or Mike Tomlin. One of the two

Athlete: Hines Ward, Joey Porter, Chad Johnson, or Roberto Clemente(RIP)

Idol/Role Model: Mom

Artist (music, writer, actor, etc): Will Smith

Artist B (see above): Denzel Washington, Jamie Foxx, Megan Fox, Jessica Alba. Cant decide.

Famous (president, politician, broadcaster etc): Obama

Attend this Game/Event (optional): 2005 Steelers Super Bowl or maybe 2008. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                            He seems like that type of guy. He would be really cool to meet.
                            He really is just an incredibly interesting guy. And he wasnt disrespectful at all when I brought up viewpoints that were opposite of his, he would acknowledge that he understood why I would think that way and simply said he disagreed but praised that I wasnt ignorant about economics haha.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                              Uh...Really? -_-
                              I edited it, because the more I thought about I wouldn't listen to a word she said, I would just stair at her.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information