Watchmen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Hard to tell over the internet but, I wasnt being serious. I felt stupid when I didnt catch onto the Ozymandias/Pharaoh deal. Like I said, I couldnt even remember his name until I got home and that is because, I finally put two and two together. I obviously wasnt paying the closest attention when Goode was on screen because, I know all about Ramses the Great. That was my stupid attempt at venting. But whatever. haha. Rest assured, I dont really think Ozymandias is a stupid name. lol.

My strategically placed "haha's", dont always get the job done, I guess.
    My rant wasn't necessarily directed at you anyway. It is the fact that many people would agree with what you said about Ozymandias. It's the fact that our country has one of the worst education systems in the developed world, and that is going to cause us BIG problems in the future.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• You know, when I went to watch it, I didn't really know what to expect. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a kick ass action movie like Dark Knight, but I walked out feeling a little frustrated regardless.

I liked the movie don't get me wrong, but it seemed to be more of a message film about the evils of our world than a super hero movie, and it was drawn out way too long. At one point about half way through the movie I turned on my cell phone to see how much time had gone by. The Comedian was really kind of a twisted guy, and he was probably my favorite character besides Rorshack (that prison sequence was awesome). The plot seemed to proceed at a snails pace, and looking back on it, it seems kinda necessary, but that movie could have and should have been a good half hour shorter. And the ending kind of left me unsatisfied. Not so much with the journalist part, but when they just gave up and walked out of the Artic Facility without really resolving anything with Viedt.

Visually, the movie was amazing (and I went and saw it at a digital theater, so it was absolutely stunning). The dark tone was perfect. Watching Dr. Manhatten blowing people up (I don't really know if that's the correct term for it...), was gory enough to please me and tide me over through some of the slower sections.

But like almost everybody, I have to seriously question the soundtrack choices. 99 Red Balloons? Seriously?

Good movie, not great. I doubt that I'll buy it when it comes out, but it is definately a movie to watch at least once.
      Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

• The movie would have been a lot better had it taken place sometime during the montage. If it had taken place during the '60s and 70's I would have liked it more. Could have delved into the JFK assassination more, cold war, Vietnam war.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• yeah but then it would be exactly like every super hero movie. this was cool because they were washed up and over and they had to make the decision to come back. especially during a time where the world was at the most danger.
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! View Post
            The movie would have been a lot better had it taken place sometime during the montage. If it had taken place during the '60s and 70's I would have liked it more. Could have delved into the JFK assassination more, cold war, Vietnam war.
            But that wasn't the point of the movie/comic book....

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• The movie was awesome.

Rosarche was amazing.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                But that wasn't the point of the movie/comic book....
                Yea, it completely misses the point of the book. I mean this isn't supposed to be just a normal superhero movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! View Post
                  The movie would have been a lot better had it taken place sometime during the montage. If it had taken place during the '60s and 70's I would have liked it more. Could have delved into the JFK assassination more, cold war, Vietnam war.
                  Well it's based off a book and those were all minor parts of the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                    The movie was awesome.

Rosarche was amazing.
                    Rorschach

You should be banned for spelling his name incorrectly

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                      Rorschach

You should be banned for spelling his name incorrectly
                      I've never read the comic/ graphic novel. Not a big deal.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Of course not a big deal, i was joking. Hard name to spell anyway.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        we all hate you

Comment

• This movie was brilliant/awesome/incredible/I loved it.

But 2 of the people I saw it with hated it. Not for everyone I guess.

The hype was well-deserved imo. Truly a stimulating experience.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

You don't have to have ever heard of Watchmen to have spelled the word "Rorschach" correctly.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                            Originally posted by Borat
                            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Saw the movie last night. I thought they did a pretty good job. There were a few things left out of the book I would have liked to have seen, but the main story and what it was about was presented very nicely and it was quite easy to understand...even if one hadn't read the book. Of course, I think one would appreciate the film more if one had read the book first simply because of the extras that you can't see in the novel and give a little more insight to the story. All in all, a great adaption. Can't wait until the DVD comes out.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                              Originally posted by Borat
                              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information