Watchmen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    I want to see it but, I'm a little nervous with the growing number of negative reviews it's getting on rottentomatoes. Seems like it is satisfying most of those with a background knowledge of it but, not everyone else. Only a small sample size but, only 1 fresh and 6 negative out of the top critics on the website. It was in the 80's but, now is down to 73%.

Honestly, the whole thing seems a little corny to me but, I'm still interested. Some of the suits are terrible looking and of the sneak peaks I've seen, I havent been impressed but again, that wont stop me from seeing it. Niteowl does seem like such a generic hero and a puss, in every scene I've seen...and Rorshack's (spelling is wrong) voice is surely to get annoying, just like Bale's batman voice.
    Nitowl's supposed to be very a generic do-gooder type hero...

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
      Because its based on the best comic book of all time.

My tix: 8 PM. channelside tampa, IMAX. WOOOO
      It's a graphic novel you cockass.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I was thinking I could get away with skipping this one but it looks like I'm gonna see it this weekend. Haven't read the source material but I'm sure I will at sometime. Hope it lives up to the hype.

^A Bonekrusher production^
        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I had never heard anything about this until a couple of months ago but I saw the previews in the theater and it looked killer. I am going to see it Friday afternoon!
          Scott Wright, President
          Draft Countdown.com
          www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Going to see it Friday evening.. in IMAX!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
              Nitowl's supposed to be very a generic do-gooder type hero...
              I wouldnt know...still seems really corny, though....either way. Hopefully, they do well with character development or outsiders of the novel could get the wrong impression.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

Niteowl does seem like such a generic hero and a puss, in every scene I've seen...and Rorshack's (spelling is wrong) voice is surely to get annoying, just like Bale's batman voice.
                In the comic book, Nite Owl is fat, depressed, and has erectile dysfunction. He's essentially Batman with absolutely no righteous vengeance.

And Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach is the one part of this movie I think won't suck. Unlike Bale's ridiculous Batman voice (admittedly, any Batman voice besides Kevin Conroy's is useless), Rorschach's voice is supposed to be like that.

I just hope this thing doesn't suck. Considering that this thing was, at one time, in consideration for a whole series of television episodes to convey the whole story and also stood a shot of being directed by Darren Aronofsky (as a movie, that is), somehow I don't think I'll be able to give Snyder that much slack. Nothing he's done to date gives me much confidence on top of the fact that it would be nearly impossible to do the comic book true justice in just one movie.

Everyone should read the book. It's a truly unique offering.

Originally posted by Brodeur
                Don't. Just don't. Calling it a comic book doesn't make it any less serious, nor does calling it a graphic novel make it any more impactful. Alan Moore has called Watchmen a comic book on many occasions. Not all comic books are graphic novels, but all graphic novels are comic books.

Comment

I have never even heard of Watchmen prior to seeing the trailer but, I am very interested in the plot and It'll be nice to see one of these "superhero" movies and not have such high expectations. Basically because I know nothing about these guys it will be up to the actual movie to tell me the whole story. With Batman, Spiderman, Superman; I have lots of preconceived notions about the plot and most of all the apperance of the superheroes. This will be a nice change of pace. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    Don't. Just don't. Calling it a comic book doesn't make it any less serious, nor does calling it a graphic novel make it any more impactful. Alan Moore has called Watchmen a comic book on many occasions. Not all comic books are graphic novels, but all graphic novels are comic books.
                    I was just waiting for someone to make this post back. I was just taking a jokeish shot at Tampa for the hell of it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Funny thing is...you can sneak Javier Bardem in the movie as the Comedian in a few scenes and no one would even know. haha. It's pretty crazy how much Jeffrey Dean Morgan looks like him sometimes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        If Alan Moore does something I'm calling it a damn comic book.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac076 View Post
                          I have never even heard of Watchmen prior to seeing the trailer but, I am very interested in the plot and It'll be nice to see one of these "superhero" movies and not have such high expectations. Basically because I know nothing about these guys it will be up to the actual movie to tell me the whole story. With Batman, Spiderman, Superman; I have lots of preconceived notions about the plot and most of all the apperance of the superheroes. This will be a nice change of pace. Looking forward to it.
                          Actually Vegas has it at 2 1/2: 1 odds to be the highest grossing movie of the year.

Comment

I only have one thing to say.

WHO WATHCHES THE WATCHMEN?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              I only have one thing to say.

WHO WATHCHES THE WATCHMEN?
                              Unfortunately, not me on opening weekend. I'm pretty choked.

Comment

I wouldnt know...still seems really corny, though....either way. Hopefully, they do well with character development or outsiders of the novel could get the wrong impression.
                                Don't worry about it, not even snyder can ruin this source material. I'm sure whom ever wrote the script stayed pretty true to the comic, outside of them changing the ending slightly, so snyder doesn't really have to anything make it look cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information