No announcement yet.

Watchmen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would be much easier to not do Watchmen justice than you're making it sound.

Comment

Well, the At the Movies guys loved it. They say Jackie Early Haily, Jeffery Dean Moran, and Patrick Wilson are all excellent. Well, the one guy loved Patrick Wilson and the other didnt like his character but, the general consesus is that Wilson does a fine job. As for the castings...Crudup is the f'ing man so he'll be great, I'm sure. Malin Ackerman is a head scratcher...she is a terrible actress with an annoying voice, that was the weirdest choice, imo and I'm not sold on Goode in his role. It may be his character but, it just seems strange, imo. After watching G4's special on the Watchmen, I'm more interested now. I def. think Rorshaqe (spelling again, ha) will annoy me with that voice...I dont care if his voice is supposed to sound like that, it doesnt make it any less annoying.
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-05-2009, 01:04 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

Rorschach is awesome. If Haily does him right, his voice won't matter. One of the best comic book characters ever.

Comment

What? The early reviews are saying that it's true to the book? That's a surprise. I was already excited. Now I'm officially pumped. I mean, I'm sure they'll screw a couple things up, but that goes with adapting it to a movie. Moore said on multiple occasions that he deliberately designed it to not be conducive to film. Tough conversion.

The main thing people who aren't familiar with Watchmen need to know is that it's far from Gotham. It takes elements of the standard super hero stories and twists them into something that's much more real. The aesthetic of it is just a shell for the real story. It's still very much a story about heroes. But it isn't exactly a pulse pounding hero takes down the bad guy story people will be expecting.
          Last edited by ElectricEye; 03-05-2009, 01:23 AM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
            Actually Vegas has it at 2 1/2: 1 odds to be the highest grossing movie of the year.
            That not what I meant when I said "change of pace". I meant for me a change of pace.

Comment

Like I said a little bit in the other thread, I'm not worried about this being an alltime great movie or anything, I am hoping it is true to the comic book (as close to frame for frame as possible) and am looking forward to seeing the novel come to life on a big screen with great special effects and characters portrayed by the actors that are close to how I imagined them to be. The book gets better everytime you read it, I can't wait to see how it translates to the silverscreen.

Comment

So, what's the deal with Malin Ackerman's character? I know about her back story now but, she loves Dr. Manhattan (Crudup) but, gets it on in with Niteowl in the Owl ship thing? haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  So, what's the deal with Malin Ackerman's character? I know about her back story now but, she loves Dr. Manhattan (Crudup) but, gets it on in with Niteowl in the Owl ship thing? haha.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

just got back from the midnight screening. I really liked it but am too tired to get more into it. Will edit post tomorrow

Comment

I just got back from a midnight screening and I have to get up in a little over 4 hours for work, but I'll was pretty impressed with the movie. There was some faults with it (Akerman notably) and I don't think it's TDK good, but it's in the upper echelon of comic based films.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I thought Watchmen was great. I didn't have a problem with anyone's performance in the film, it was well adapted, and all around pretty awesome

Comment

Were we supposed to post thoughts in the Watchmen thread or this one? I'm confused.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            Were we supposed to post thoughts in the Watchmen thread or this one? I'm confused.
                            As am I. I was going to post in the Watchmen thread but ******* Chucky posted here first so I followed him.

Comment

I thought it was okay, not a movie you go see at midnight, there was so much plot involved and less action that I expected, but I guess I am just ignorant to the Watchmen story.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                                I thought it was okay, not a movie you go see at midnight, there was so much plot involved and less action that I expected, but I guess I am just ignorant to the Watchmen story.
                                There was actually more action than I expected. It was a pretty ******* gory movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information