No announcement yet.

Watchmen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought going into the movie that people who say it without having read the GN may enjoy it more because they would be experiancing Watchmen for the first time. After seeing the movie there is no doubt in my mind that reading the GN made it infinitly better. The movie works as a companinion piece to the GN rather than work as a stand alone film which in my mind is fine but I am sure it sucked for the many people going into the movie blind.

Comment

• Just got back from watching the Watchmen. I really liked it but I didn't love it. As mentioned previously, I thought the cast did a nice job. It was just what I expected. Although this isn't a really a fair criticism, the fact that is so close to the GN it didn't really give me anything unexpected, good or bad. Gonzo is dead on. It is a great companion/complimentary piece to the book and the fact that is so close is a plus as a fan of the GN but didn't allow me to love the movie independently.

Comment

• The more and more I think about the movie, the more I'm bothered about how Ozymandias was handled. They made him seem like a villain from the get-go, they made him look too young, they cast the wrong actor to play him (as much as I like Goode), they didn't really show enough of the fact that he was one of the most beloved people in the world, they didn't really go into enough with Bubastis, and they removed his talk with Manhattan in Antarctica.

I still really like the movie and I think the extended version will probably fix some of these problems, but still.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          The more and more I think about the movie, the more I'm bothered about how Ozymandias was handled. They made him seem like a villain from the get-go, they made him look too young, they cast the wrong actor to play him (as much as I like Goode), they didn't really show enough of the fact that he was one of the most beloved people in the world, they didn't really go into enough with Bubastis, and they removed his talk with Manhattan in Antarctica.

I still really like the movie and I think the extended version will probably fix some of these problems, but still.
          My sentiments exactly...I love Goode as an actor, but he was terribly miscast...I wasnt intimidated nor impressed by him at all, which is part of the appeal of the Adrian Veidt character...I dont know, I just thought he was a terrible choice for the role, he seemed almost effeminate, maybe even homosexual...I know it mentions that in the novel, but its so minor, where as here it was a huge character trait...He was my biggest issue with the film.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Thought yall would like this LOL

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Better than 300 though, which is absolute filth.
              I agree completely.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

• lol. "And it's 'whores' plural, right?"

Comment

• I liked 300......

Anyway, saw it, thought it was good. Seemed to drag a bit in a few parts, but I came away liking it.

Maybe I'll say more once spoilers start coming into play here.

Comment

• Yeah Watchmen was a little long, but was also pretty great in my mind. The action scenes and killing was great and it was a new experience seeing a Rated-R superhero movie...Rorshach was just awesome, I liked the ending and Dr.Manhattan gives new meaning to the phrase Rock Out With Your **** Out, and the amount of times I heard ***** in the theater was hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                      Yeah Watchmen was a little long, but was also pretty great in my mind. The action scenes and killing was great and it was a new experience seeing a Rated-R superhero movie...Rorshach was just awesome, I liked the ending and Dr.Manhattan gives new meaning to the phrase Rock Out With Your **** Out, and the amount of times I heard ***** in the theater was hilarious.
                      Oh immaturity, how I hate thee.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I think I'm going tomorrow or Tuesday. I didnt feel like watching it with a bunch of teenagers so, I'll check it out in a nearly empty theatre while they're all in school, on the cheap.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Alright so I went into this movie having only read maybe a 4th of the book/comic last night. Hearing how some critics were really bashing this film, my expectations were lowered.

Still, not know exactly how the book turns up I thought it was freak'n awesome. The way fighting scenes and CGI kind of mirrored 300 was pretty sick. For such a long movie, it did a great job keeping me "tuned in" ...My girlfriend on the other hand got a little bored. It is really long, but when a movie adapts a book to the big screen length is a MUST..

For every Lord of the Rings, there is an Eragon (terrible movie, great book). So I am glad it turned out to be a lengthy movie.

Blah blah blah, great movie. I was impressed and the actors all played their parts perfectly. Especially Rorschach*

Comment

• I saw it last night, and really enjoyed it. They did a good job of giving backround to every character, and keeping you interested. It was long, I joked with my friends that it needed an intermission, but I really did like it.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post

For every Lord of the Rings, there is an Eragon (terrible movie, great book). So I am glad it turned out to be a lengthy movie.
                              Except Eragon is probably far and away one of the worst literary travesties ever. The writer is god awful.

I loved the movie. I had low expectations because there was a million ways they could screw it up, but they did a good job with it. Wasn't a fan of the ending being changed at all but it was still really good and I was kinda ready for that part of it all. One thing I really didn't like, and I completely understand, is that they cut out a lot of the perspective from the citizens because of time restraints. Still, the world marching to oblivion was much more real on the lips of the the people than it was with the newscasters and such.
                              Last edited by ElectricEye; 03-08-2009, 11:10 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Back from the movie.

I think Dark Knight messed up my expectations, which I had set a bit too high. If I had seen the movie before Dark Knight, I'm sure that right now I'd be going "They could have cut down on the length of the sex scenes, but either way OMG BEST MOVIE EVER".

Now, it's... good. Not great, definately not bad... good. Very capable acting, great effects, good directing... but something was missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information