Minor Leaguer traded for bats Overdoses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Leaguer traded for bats Overdoses

Horrible ending to this story. The kid left the team less than a month after the trade that sent him to another team for 10 maple bats, and became a habitual drug user. Seven months later, his death is looked as a possible suicide. What a shame.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9...raded-for-bats

Johnny Odom. Yeah he's always had character issues, the only reason why he was traded for bats was because he had visa issues over a battery charge

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

...I'm not sure I quite understand. Bats?

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
        Johnny Odom. Yeah he's always had character issues, the only reason why he was traded for bats was because he had visa issues over a battery charge
        Except, save the kid the national embarrassment and release him if he's not that good. As if the team couldn't afford a couple of hundred bucks for bats.

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
          They traded his rights for 10 baseball bats. Yes, wooden bats for the rights to a baseball player.

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
            He signed a contract with Calgary of the Frontier League and he couldn't enter Canada so they traded him to Laredo of the Continental League for a lot of ten maple bats

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
              They traded his rights for 10 baseball bats. Yes, wooden bats for the rights to a baseball player.
              Wow, that would blow.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Except, save the kid the national embarrassment and release him if he's not that good. As if the team couldn't afford a couple of hundred bucks for bats.
                It guarantees the player his contract

Comment

i remember this trade happening last year. crazy.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Dam thats just a slap in the face. Why even bother.

Comment

It guarantees the player his contract
                      If he were any good (which apparently he had SOME stuff, enough to keep him floating around), he would have picked up a contract with another team. I just don't see the need to publicly embarrass the kid as bad as they did by trading him for bats. No coincidence that after all the humiliation, he became a drug addict.

Comment

If he were any good (which apparently he had SOME stuff, enough to keep him floating around), he would have picked up a contract with another team. I just don't see the need to publicly embarrass the kid as bad as they did by trading him for bats. No coincidence that after all the humiliation, he became a drug addict.
                        Still you don't want to take the risk in releasing him over a clerical error. Was it ethical trading him for bats? No, but would you rather send a kid home over a processing mistake?

Comment

Still you don't want to take the risk in releasing him over a clerical error. Was it ethical trading him for bats? No, but would you rather send a kid home over a processing mistake?
                          Out of all the trade possibilities, all they could think of was 10 bats? I find that very hard to believe.

Comment

They were offered 1000 dollars for him, and the bats coster per the article 665$ altogether, I am pretty sure they didn't need to embarrass him like that, it is really a sad story I feel bad for the guy.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

I do feel sorry for the young man's family. It must be a tough time for them.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information