Thule Enters the Career World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
    Hey, Michael Dell dropped out of school and still made millions in computers. Maybe one day I'll buy a Thule brand laptop
    Nop...not making laptops. However I was told yesterday that we were taking down Google..and if we weren't onboard then there is the door. The scary part was he was serious. He said what google is to search engines we are going to be to niches. Needless to say he has some crazy big ideas.
    Last edited by thule; 03-11-2009, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Sorry, maybe I'm missing something here, but is this what happened:

A CEO of a technologically-based start-up hired somebody with no software development experience, knowledge, or training as a software developer?

Seems like a prudent business decision to me. I mean, it's not like unemployment is out of control and the labour market is flooded with highly-skilled employees willing to work for less.

This is not an attack at you thule, just seems completely insane that a CEO would make a human resources move like this.

Comment

Congrats thule. Just remember us small people when you reach the top!

...and maybe one day you'll make it back to Hawaii. :)

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
          Nop...not making laptops. However I was told yesterday that we were taking down Google..and if we weren't onboard then there is the door. The scary part was he was serious. He said what google is to search engines we are going to be to nitches. Needless to say he has some crazy big ideas.
          Google operates in my building. And no I reject whatever recon operations you want me to do

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
            Sorry, maybe I'm missing something here, but is this what happened:

A CEO of a technologically-based start-up hired somebody with no software development experience, knowledge, or training as a software developer?

Seems like a prudent business decision to me. I mean, it's not like unemployment is out of control and the labour market is flooded with highly-skilled employees willing to work for less.

This is not an attack at you thule, just seems completely insane that a CEO would make a human resources move like this.
            Here is my thoughts on his decision.

He knows my dad and has heard stories about how I was raised...ect

He had a business opportunity ahead that he might land which was going to require another php-oop programmer at his disposal.

Since the deal wasn't final and the immediate need for the position wasn't there he told himself to take a chance

I come from a well-rounded technical background with about 3 years of experience doing frontend server operations.

Also I am on a 3 month trial/probationary period...making less than probably any programmer out there. So if I workout great....if not it wasnt a huge loss because he didn't have an immediate need anyways. Plus this is a heavy incentives job ....37% profit sharing that doesn't get touched unless your employed Dec 31st....so he really is investing 3000 dollars into me because he values "hard working, driven, people who are passionate about technology.

For the record we landed "his deal" today...which means I'm going to be thrown to the dogs earlier than anticipated....which means it's time for me to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Congrats thule. Just remember us small people when you reach the top!

...and maybe one day you'll make it back to Hawaii. :)
              If this niche web portal stuff is true....I will definately be coming back to that area...and this time the tab will be on me :P

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                Here is my thoughts on his decision.

He knows my dad and has heard stories about how I was raised...ect

He had a business opportunity ahead that he might land which was going to require another php-oop programmer at his disposal.

Since the deal wasn't final and the immediate need for the position wasn't there he told himself to take a chance

I come from a well-rounded technical background with about 3 years of experience doing frontend server operations.

Also I am on a 3 month trial/probationary period...making less than probably any programmer out there. So if I workout great....if not it wasnt a huge loss because he didn't have an immediate need anyways. Plus this is a heavy incentives job ....37% profit sharing that doesn't get touched unless your employed Dec 31st....so he really is investing 3000 dollars into me because he values "hard working, driven, people who are passionate about technology.

For the record we landed "his deal" today...which means I'm going to be thrown to the dogs earlier than anticipated....which means it's time for me to show up.
                Very interesting. Well keep us updated, hope it works out for you!

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information