No announcement yet.

UFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but, there are only four teams? That will probably hold my interest for a short while but, I doubt I'd watch every week. I understand the risk in going balls to the wall, per se and making it like an eight or more team league but, four? blah.

I guess the selling point for me will end up being all about the talent. I loved watching the XFL because of the great Jon Avery. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

I am rooting for this league. Roger Goodell is trying his hard to truly make it the No Fun League, and he is succeeding in a lot of ways. The NFL has become all about marketing too, which annoys me greatly.

This league needs three leagues to help it succeed:

1. Let them entertain us. Dance, celebrate, do whatever just let them entertain us in what is supposed to be a game about entertainment.
      2. Let them play hard and physical. Don't make so many rules protecting the golden boy QB's, if they are going to play football let them get hit too.
      3. No dictatorship

Comment

QB - Quincy Carter
        HB - Rod Smart

Recipee for Success

Comment

I really hope that this league is like what the XFL was supposed to be except on steroids...I mean literally on steroids. Mandatory steroid injections for every player. Who isn't going to tune into see two teams of 'roid raging freaks kicking each others skulls in.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

It won't survive very long no league does with the NFL around.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Is this the league with Mark Qubien has one of the owners?

And they were trying to run it for like 3 months, before the NFL league starts so some guys can make it on NFL teams?

Its already better than the XFL they have NFL coaches. As long as its good and entertaining it'll be a success, but thats very hard to do. It needs to be better than the SEC football, in order for people to give attention to it. Have to have some stand out players. Also it can't turn football into a joke like XFL did.

Comment

Yup this is the Cuban one...the one where he said he sees them taking potential draftees away from NFL teams. They can always offer the 2nd day pick more money and playing time. But it sure would seem like a pretty bad idea, though for that player, imo. But maybe if this thing lasts they can snag a few guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  Yup this is the Cuban one...the one where he said he sees them taking potential draftees away from NFL teams. They can always offer the 2nd day pick more money.
                  ahah....I think they are going to end up picking up the second day left overs and guys who get cut after training camp. If they have a chance to play in the NFL, why give it up for the money? There probably are guys who will go for the money.

Comment

They are going to fail, I read that they are starting the season in September, games begin in October and its 6 games.

Comment

The first year, possibily the only year, is obviously just a test or a feeling out period. They were going to go with 8 teams but, that didnt seem too smart, given the economy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

yeah one thing they try and do is stick with the rules and not make up non sense rules like the XFL did. ahah every other week they would modify a rule.

Comment

I think the league would be better off starting in March and going until the summer months. It would compete with baseball but I'd much rather watch Division II football than major league baseball any day.

If they could expand to eight teams, which I'm sure they could (Memphis, Birmingham, Oklahoma City, Portland, Orlando, San Antonio, any mid major market) depending on the interest of the city and who they could find as a owner could do wonders. They wouldn't be competing with the NFL since it'd be in the offseason and they could probably receive a nice amount of viewers on television due to how infatuated the nation is with football.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                            yeah one thing they try and do is stick with the rules and not make up non sense rules like the XFL did. ahah every other week they would modify a rule.
                            IMO, they need to do three things.

They need to not use 5 yard no contact rule.
                            They need to not have calls that could be described as "ticky tack".
                            They need to go with the college football overtime system.

That could help distinguish them without having novelty rules like the XFL did.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              I think the league would be better off starting in March and going until the summer months. It would compete with baseball but I'd much rather watch Division II football than major league baseball any day.

If they could expand to eight teams, which I'm sure they could (Memphis, Birmingham, Oklahoma City, Portland, Orlando, San Antonio, any mid major market) depending on the interest of the city and who they could find as a owner could do wonders. They wouldn't be competing with the NFL since it'd be in the offseason and they could probably receive a nice amount of viewers on television due to how infatuated the nation is with football.
                              Yeah throw in Tulsa and Austin as two more cities that could support a lesser football team. Little Rock possibly as well.

Comment

Maybe the Lions, Chiefs, Rams and Raiders can join this league.
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information