Jon Stewart vs Jim Cramer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
    Please stop missing what I mean. Please.

First off, short-term manipulation of the market and the mindset that brings can easily lead to long term crisis.

Second off, all I said was that having a group of journalists that know the inner workings of the financial system only really means anything if those people use that knowledge to inform people about what is really going on, instead of making potshot predictions. I used Cramer's candid nature in those videos to illustrate the way I feel a financial reporting network should actually report.
    I've realized it is pointless to argue with him, he just completely glosses over your arguments and tries to argue a point you never made.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
      Journalism does not have that responsibility and hasn't for years. It is a business. It is driven by capitalism. This is how virtually all media operates.

Should CNBC start Cramer's show by saying how he's a mediocre financial analyst? Come on... It's like when you buy a mutual fund. Do you think the fund managers are telling you how they underperformed the S&P 500 the past 10 years or are they telling you about how great they are? When you go to buy that Ferrari, are they telling you about how expensive it is to upkeep it or are they telling you how fast it can go?
      Journalists do have that responsibility, but the haven't lived up to that responsibility in years. The failure of our MSM to be actual journalists is what is going to bring down the MSM establishment. People still want their news to be reported by journalists, and for those journalists to have journalistic integrity. Internet news sources who act like real journalists will destroy the MSM, and I can't wait for it to happen.
      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
        No, not all the subprime mortgages were AAA. Here's something from NYT:
        AIG owned the company that gives those ratings and AIG had a AAA rating.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          AIG owned the company that gives those ratings and AIG had a AAA rating.
          is that like being in bed with your neighbor or yourself? i can never remember.

either way, the fact is is that, CNBC did it's job of becoming the fox news of financial reporting. becoming flashy. in your face. without much substance or style.

i think the terms fair and balanced come to mind.

re: omissions.

stewart did a fantastic cut up job of trying to point out that it's NOT just omissions, but pure complacency on the heels of any investigative journalism from a financial standpoint. i know when things look pretty good, no one wants to hear about doom and gloom. it does bad in the ratings!

the fact that CNBC claims to have answers in a pre-collapse market after seeing the just pure glossing over the .com era (8 years ago), the enron era (5 years ago)... you'd think that people would look a little better on tv and actually try to guess what happens in the future correctly based on solid reasoning if only to go back and say. HEY. LOOK AT ME. I WAS RIGHT. GIVE ME MONEY GIVE ME A BIG CONTRACT FOR BEING A RIGHT TALKING HEAD NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM IM GONNA GO INFLATE MY EGO A BIT WITH MY SWEDISH ***** PUMP. that doesn't happen. when you're co-opted to tell everyone exactly what the corporations would like you to believe because it keeps executives in their job instead of providing a company with financial merit and transparency. you fail to do your job as a journalist. you are becoming a telephone, not a journalist. y

this brings me to my next point.

how much of our country, our economy, is controlled by the media portrayal of concepts and issues? how deadlocked are we by having such a powerful system in the first amendment?

only as powerful as we let them be. inform yourself with a vast base knowledge. it's the most powerful tool you have.
          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information