Beyonce & Lil Wayne fans are.. dumb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    So basically if you listen to rap you can't be smart, or smart people don't listen to rap? That's a bunch of crap.
    That's not what the study, or any study shows. A study/experiment says that the average subject that falls in one of the categories would most likely get the represented outcome.

In this case, the average Lil' Wayne fan, Beyonce fan, Rap fan, etc. gets lower on their SAT than fans of Beck or Guster. It doesn't mean it's 100% true, just the average.

Comment

I can understand little wayne and beyonce, but the rest of this list looks like ****...predjudice **** at that.

Comment

One of the funnier observations, besides the fact that many people clearly listen to a handful of the bands that are on polar opposite ends of the spectrum, was how can people who listen to Reggae and those who listen to Bob Marley have a 100+ point differential in score.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          That's not what the study, or any study shows. A study/experiment says that the average subject that falls in one of the categories would most likely get the represented outcome.

In this case, the average Lil' Wayne fan, Beyonce fan, Rap fan, etc. gets lower on their SAT than fans of Beck or Guster. It doesn't mean it's 100% true, just the average.
          It's still close enough to saying that, and I hate stupid surveys like these anyway, it depends on who you survey, where those people grew up and where they live, alot of different variables, I just hate **** like this that makes it look like only idiots can listen to a certain type of music.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
            One of the funnier observations, besides the fact that many people clearly listen to a handful of the bands that are on polar opposite ends of the spectrum, was how can people who listen to Reggae and those who listen to Bob Marley have a 100+ point differential in score.
            Because this is someone probably handing out a survey that says, "what did you get on your SAT?" followed by "check all the following that you're fans of..." It's obviously not scientific at all.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post

Cause this graph was made by some dude on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                It's still close enough to saying that, and I hate stupid surveys like these anyway, it depends on who you survey, where those people grew up and where they live, alot of different variables, I just hate **** like this that makes it look like only idiots can listen to a certain type of music.
                Well, I mean, any study is clearly going to have outliers in the reported data, regardless of validity. It may give off the view like you say, but any rational person would understand not everyone follows the trend.

So really, the people that believe any results to be 100% true are kinda dumb for not knowing how to interpret in the first place, so it kinda fits.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                  I can understand little wayne and beyonce, but the rest of this list looks like ****...predjudice **** at that.
                  Your response is the exact reason why there can never be studies on racial differences in intelligence. Instead, we have to rely on correlations in test scores and socio-economic achievement differences. Yes, "correlation does not prove causation," but it is a very interesting topic.

I doubt this persons goal was to prove one ethnicity or race was less intelligent, maybe it was a generational motivation??

If anyone is being blinded by bias it is you; you're the one lumping a race or ethnicity into certain categories of listening to certain music. All this test did was compare music to SAT scores. Not race/ethnicity to SAT scores.

Edit: Not meant as an attack, however, I just get annoyed that any study that brings up cultural differences in intelligence is always crucified as racist/bigotry BS.
                  Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 03-14-2009, 10:14 PM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    i'm curious if any of the people ******** about the "study" actually bothered going to the bloody website and reading how he did it.

i mean, it's fun and all, making **** up because you can then be outraged by it, but it's more fun when you actually have some vague clue what the facts actually are (such as they are in this case).

but then, the graph shows people who listen to rap music have low sat scores. the ******* of people about that indicates that they can't read. so maybe the whole system is less flawed than it looked at first glance.
                    Whoa whoa whoa, people thinking before posting? You have obviously not been around here very long. :)

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

no, i'm just temporarily delusional.
                      I hear ya. You would expect most people to have common sense, but we all know that's not the case.

Comment

metal needs to be farther over to the right.

kthnxbai

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

WMD, my large picture>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your's!!!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Weezer really is the only band on this list I listen to. I'm no mensa but I'm an intellectual.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

rofl I got a 2170 (1480 w/ old scoring) on my SAT and all I listen to is rap and hip hop.
                              I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                                rofl I got a 2170 (1480 w/ old scoring) on my SAT and all I listen to is rap and hip hop.
                                Obviously your SAT was graded incorrectly.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information