Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Case-Mas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
    See or you could not do it all and just drink to have a good time. You're basically guaranteeing yourself loss of brain cells to win some ***-ass frat boy **** measuring contest.
    Well, this is something I have wanted to try for a while. I'm not in a frat nor do I know anyone who is, so I dont know where that comes from. As for a dick measuring contest, I dont know about that because I dont think being able to consume sad amount of booze is representative of manhood.

    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

    Comment


    • Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
      Because I've been around drinking for a minute and I know a little bit about the game.

      Rule #564
      People ALWAYS exaggerate how much they can drink. They ALWAYS under estimate how drunk X amount of drinks will get them. Once it becomes time to prove their prowess, they attempt it. However, once that 18th beer goes down...it doesn't seem so feasible anymore. They give up.

      To me, this feat looks like another one of those. Maybe my bias is that I've seen claims be exaggerated far more often than not, but either way, I would give you 5:1 odds for completing it.

      But hey, maybe I'm a bad bookie!
      This is definitely possible, but it will be one of his drunkest nights ever, and the next day will be hell.

      Me and 5 other buddies easily finished an entire keg in 12-14 hours, granted, these guys were all d1 olinemen, so they can drink a ton, and they drank a lot more of it than I did. Another time two buddies and I finished 2 cases over the course of a night. We started at about 6 and finished at 2. That is the one and only time I have ever blacked out from beer.

      I don't think 30 beers in 12 hours is necessarily dangerous. Your body processes about a drink an hour, and I am sure damn near everyone here has had 15 or so beers in 2.5-3 hours. Granted, they probably could hardly stand, but they didn't need to go to the hospital. Is it smart? Of course not. Will it be fun? I'm sure it will.

      I agree people tend to overestimate how much they can drink. I've learned my limits, and now only rarely get ridiculously drunk(only special occasions, but I ended up hating those special occasions. I am never going out on NYE again.)
      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
      Hunter S. Thompson

      Comment


      • Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
        See or you could not do it all and just drink to have a good time. You're basically guaranteeing yourself loss of brain cells to win some ***-ass frat boy **** measuring contest.
        Well, drinking kills brain cells anyway so.

        I don't understand why you think this is like a pissing match. They aren't doing it to see who is the best, they are doing it because it's something to do while drinking. It's like playing a drinking game. Case races, edward 40 hands, power hours, they are all things you do to drink and pass the time. So drinking 30 beers while watching TV is more of a *** thing to do than drinking 10-15 beers, just because it's more alcohol?

        Comment


        • Centurion Challenge for the win.

          100 shots of beer in 100 mins. It sounds simple and when I first heard about it I lol'd and I lol'd quite heartily.

          However, you don't realise how hard it is, to sustain your drinking level of one shot every minute for an hour and 40 mins. Using a standard shot glass leads you, usually to drinking about 3.0L of beer, which is the equivalent of 8 regular beers.

          Or one beer every 12 minutes.

          I've done this about 6 times, made it every time, only vomited once. It's a good way to seperate the men from the boys.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BlindSite View Post

            I've done this about 6 times, made it every time, only vomited once. It's a good way to seperate the men from the boys.
            And with just that sentence you've killed any legitimacy Brent was trying to bring to this idea of it not being a dick measuring contest.

            Comment


            • Psh, my dick is like |-------------------------------------------------| this big

              Comment


              • Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
                Rule #564
                People ALWAYS exaggerate how much they can drink. They ALWAYS under estimate how drunk X amount of drinks will get them. Once it becomes time to prove their prowess, they attempt it. However, once that 18th beer goes down...it doesn't seem so feasible anymore. They give up.

                I have to say amongst my friends this could not be less true, guess were just honest.

                I usually have biggish nights twice a week, wednesdays (student night here) and saturdays. My usual thing would be to have 10 cans of beers, which are 4.6% alcohol and 4 cans of premixed vodka redbulls, which are 8% alcohol. This is before i leave whoevers house my friends and i happen to be at to go out to bars and such.
                In Australian lingo this equates to about 21.6 standard drinks and i would usually do this in about 6-7 hours, say from 4-5pm till 11pm. By this stage i am in a world of trouble and having a thoroughly good time. I'll usually buy a few drinks when i'm out, but not a whole lot and just proceed to make a fool of myself till about 4am. Now i'm not actually this sad and have a strict regiment of how many drinks i have to drink, so this naturally fluctuates depending on how im feeling.

                Going off what someone said before about the beers being 4.13% alcohol and doing a little rough maths id say what you're attempting to do is about 36 standard drinks in 12 hours. So really, i see no reason why you can't do this if you apply yourself, something i don't think i'd want to do, but hey, love to see it and i might actually bring it up with my mates. I think my main problem would be how bloated i feel.

                After i say all this i'd like to let you all know that after the 4 months of summer i had after high school finished and before university started i actually gave myself acute liver hepatitis. Which essentially means i couldn't drink for 6 months at all and i was told my liver will never be as strong as it once was. So really, if a guy with a **** liver can drink 22+ standard drinks twice a week for essentially what has been the last 18 months of my life, i can see no reason why a guy can't do 36 standard drinks once. And i haven't even mentioned my 6 month backpacking holiday or end of season rugby trips...

                So Mr. I KNOW IT ALL, you may be old and wise as you say, but what he's attempting really isn't as extreme as you say.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  Centurion Challenge for the win.

                  100 shots of beer in 100 mins. It sounds simple and when I first heard about it I lol'd and I lol'd quite heartily.

                  However, you don't realise how hard it is, to sustain your drinking level of one shot every minute for an hour and 40 mins. Using a standard shot glass leads you, usually to drinking about 3.0L of beer, which is the equivalent of 8 regular beers.

                  Or one beer every 12 minutes.

                  I've done this about 6 times, made it every time, only vomited once. It's a good way to seperate the men from the boys.
                  Tried it twice, vomited a lot once, vomited not so much once.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                    Centurion Challenge for the win.

                    100 shots of beer in 100 mins. It sounds simple and when I first heard about it I lol'd and I lol'd quite heartily.

                    However, you don't realise how hard it is, to sustain your drinking level of one shot every minute for an hour and 40 mins. Using a standard shot glass leads you, usually to drinking about 3.0L of beer, which is the equivalent of 8 regular beers.

                    Or one beer every 12 minutes.

                    I've done this about 6 times, made it every time, only vomited once. It's a good way to seperate the men from the boys.
                    Isn't that the same as Power Hour?


                    http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                      Isn't that the same as Power Hour?
                      It's like an extended one.

                      Power hour = 60 shots in 60 minutes

                      Comment


                      • We actually have a song mix that goes around for 100 mins...telling you when to take the shot where I'm from...makes it a whole lot easier.

                        I'm going to try this challenge this week I'll let you guys know how it goes....probably try on a weekend...just because 5pm-5am and working at 9am at a new job won't happen

                        Comment


                        • Just using quick logic....30 beers - (a beer a hour) = 18 beers in your system at 12 hours in. That sounds pretty crazy....i don't think i'll make it...but i'll try...I'm a drunk puker so I'm sure I'll hit 20 and start bonging and thus puke...but maybe keeping it spread out will help the puking

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                            And with just that sentence you've killed any legitimacy Brent was trying to bring to this idea of it not being a dick measuring contest.
                            Riiiiiight... No one cares, except you.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information