St. Patrick's Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nepg View Post
    Don't think I'll get out for St. Patrick's Day this year. Work today, off tomorrow, but my girlfriend can't go out tonight. I really don't like going out for St. Patrick's Day anyway. I'm 2nd Gen Irish-American, and I find it fairly disrespectful when I see a bunch of retards running around wearing green and drinking Guinness to act like they're Irish for a day...

LOL @ the idea of Killian's still being Irish. Fail. Beamish is the only way to go.
    How is that disrespectful at all? And how does somebody act Irish?

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
      Blah Brent do both...don't back down like that
      Well, I am not really a fan of St Patrick's Day. I am not Irish and I think national drinking days like this are a bit silly. Also, this past Saturday was the big party day for all this because it's A&M's spring break, so every one seemingly left town.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
        How is that disrespectful at all? And how does somebody act Irish?
        How about if I put blackface on for February.
        ________
        Sexy_Mature1 Cam
        Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Anybody know of a vodka mixed drink that is green?

Comment

How about if you hide a bunch of chocolate eggs around your house for Easter?

These are COMMERCIAL holidays. They have little/nothing to do with the underlying reason for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
              I have to abstain from St Patrick's Day, if I am to do my case day on NFLDC tomorrow.
              I wanna see your very best tomorrow. Skip it.

Comment

Anybody know of a vodka mixed drink that is green?
                Appletini and Ectoplasm are two cocktails I can think of.

Comment

Worst comparison ever. How is wearing green and drinking disrespectful. Sure, the Irish are associated with drinking, but 99% of Irish-Americans embrace St. Patrick's day and all it's traditions and connotations.

And ZZOMGZ I'm 3rd generation Irish-American and I love today and don't find it disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                    Worst comparison ever. How is wearing green and drinking disrespectful. Sure, the Irish are associated with drinking, but 99% of Irish-Americans embrace St. Patrick's day and all it's traditions and connotations.

And ZZOMGZ I'm 3rd generation Irish-American and I love today and don't find it disrespectful.
                    It's a proper comparison. It's a day of celebration, but it isn't Mardi Gras.
                    ________
                    Vapormatic Deluxe Reviews

Comment

Right, because we all need to celebrate according to your standards. Who are you to tell somebody how they should celebrate a holiday?

Comment

So imitating the color of someone's skin and playing against hundreds of years of discrimination = wearing a color associated with the country and emphasizing a social misconception that is embraced/accepted by the majority of that race/heritage.

Yea, same thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          You know Killians isn't really Irish right?
                          you know corned beef and cabbage isn't really irish right? Corned beef was introduced to the Irish-American immigrants in New York by the Jewish.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                            So imitating the color of someone's skin and playing against hundreds of years of discrimination = wearing a color associated with the country and emphasizing a social misconception that is embraced/accepted by the majority of that race/heritage.

Yea, same thing...
                            It is the same thing. When people who have zero Irish affiliation dress up in green, then go out and get drunk and act like retards...that is exactly as if I put blackface on in February.
                            ________
                            DeepJourney cam

Comment

It is the same thing. When people who have zero Irish affiliation dress up in green, then go out and get drunk and act like retards...that is exactly as if I put blackface on in February.
                              So if I celebrate Christmas and Easter even though I am an atheist...that's completely disrespectful to Christians?

Comment

So if I celebrate Christmas and Easter even though I am an atheist...that's completely disrespectful to Christians?
                                Well, the whole christmas tree/easter egg nonsense is, in theory, sacrilegious. However, going into that would probably get this thread locked.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information