Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Patrick's Day Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    This is such a stupid bickering match.

    Wear green...make out with chicks and drink beer. We are celebrating the irish freedom...and you don't have to be irish to do that !!!yay

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by nepg View Post
      It is the same thing. When people who have zero Irish affiliation dress up in green, then go out and get drunk and act like retards...that is exactly as if I put blackface on in February.
      No, it's not. I'm done even discussing it because you are the only person on here that believes that.

      Also, add in the fact that St. Patrick's Day was declared a public holiday by Ireland, the color associated with it was changed from St. Patrick's blue to Ireland's green, and Ireland embracing the the celebration of St. Patrick's day outside of Ireland and actually encouraging it in order to increase Irish cultural awareness. Yea, I'm pretty sure Ireland has little to no qualms about how St. Patrick's day is celebrated.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
        So if I celebrate Christmas and Easter even though I am an atheist...that's completely disrespectful to Christians?
        Most likely, yes (I'm apathetic to religion). But that's quite a bit different than making a mockery of a people and their culture. As Brent said, it's threadlock territory to go into those two any further.
        ________
        Savanna live
        Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:10 AM.

        Comment


        • #49


          Ok, yall need to chill out and drink.




          2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

          Comment


          • #50
            I never go for the whole green beer thing but I have always wondered if it makes your poop green, with all that dye.

            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Brent View Post
              I never go for the whole green beer thing but I have always wondered if it makes your poop green, with all that dye.
              Not that I know of. I mean, look at all the other food that has dye in it and it doesn't do anything.

              I love drinking green beer.

              Also, Chicago is so awesome it gets 2 Irish parades.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                No, it's not. I'm done even discussing it because you are the only person on here that believes that.

                Also, add in the fact that St. Patrick's Day was declared a public holiday by Ireland, the color associated with it was changed from St. Patrick's blue to Ireland's green, and Ireland embracing the the celebration of St. Patrick's day outside of Ireland and actually encouraging it in order to increase Irish cultural awareness. Yea, I'm pretty sure Ireland has little to no qualms about how St. Patrick's day is celebrated.
                I'm not the only person that believes that. And just because Ireland's powers-that-be decided to stop fighting it and embrace it doesn't mean it's not disrespectful.

                If you don't care that it's disrespectful, that's different, and that's fine (most people have come to be that way). But you can't sit there and deny that it's disrespectful to mock the Irish and their culture the way a large number of ignorant people choose to do.
                ________
                Sunset Boulevard Residence Pattaya
                Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:10 AM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                  I'll drink some green liquor of some sorts; that and dress in green.
                  You drink to much and you might end up in a green dress...

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    I never go for the whole green beer thing but I have always wondered if it makes your poop green, with all that dye.
                    It really depends on what else you eat. If all you eat before you poo is green-dyed food, yes, you'll poo green. Might even pee green too.
                    ________
                    Q VAPORIZER
                    Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:10 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Guess the only holiday I can celebrate without being disrepectful now is Canada Day and New Year's. :(

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
                        Guess the only holiday I can celebrate without being disrepectful now is Canada Day and New Year's. :(
                        I like to celebrate arbor day by getting drunk in the woods. kidding.

                        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
                          Guess the only holiday I can celebrate without being disrepectful now is Canada Day and New Year's. :(
                          New Year's is disrespectful to the Chinese and other cultures that don't observe the same year schedule. Sorry. :(

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            I like to celebrate arbor day by getting drunk in the woods. kidding.
                            You may offend someone who is Wica.




                            2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                              New Year's is disrespectful to the Chinese and other cultures that don't observe the same year schedule. Sorry. :(
                              Rosh Hashanah ftw!

                              Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by I KNOW IT ALL View Post
                                Guess the only holiday I can celebrate without being disrepectful now is Canada Day and New Year's. :(
                                Don't forget Halloween...

                                But, really, it's all about "Do I care?"

                                I really don't celebrate any holidays these days. Only reason I do Christmas is that it's an opportune time to get together with family. I do Halloween and St. Patrick's Day (sometimes New Year's) because it's a good time to hang out with friends. I will get pissed off if I see someone order Bushmills or Killians, but otherwise I tend to do a good job staying away from the crowds of people that aggrevate me.
                                ________
                                Leather Cam
                                Last edited by nepg; 09-17-2011, 07:11 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information