Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever ordered from Craigslist before?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever ordered from Craigslist before?

Doesn't matter what it is, just wondering what your experience was...I'm assuming most have heard of Craigslist before at list but if not www.craigslist.com

It's where people go to sell their own stuff for a set price basically, and I found an xbox elite for 250$, pretty good, dude seems too anxious for the money though, makes me think he's either a crackhead or their's a problem with the console...For all I know it screwed up, then he used the towel trick to get it to work and now he wants to sell it, and I'm not sure if I'm just screwed on here and all purchases are final.

I know people are dicks so I'm paranoid about getting screwed over, be interested if anyone else here ever sold or bought something from here.

If you never used it before, check it out, may find something worth buying.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

I bought my bike on Craigslist. Just make sure you know what you are getting. Also, the towel trick makes the problem worse. All you are doing is overheating the harddrive to badly that it resets everything. You're better off buying a new 360.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Concert tickets and hookers in the Erotic Services section.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
        Also, the towel trick makes the problem worse. All you are doing is overheating the harddrive to badly that it resets everything. You're better off buying a new 360.
        I know, I was worried that the Xbox he was selling may have been dead, then he used the towel trick and tried to sell it while it was working for a few days.

I'll probably go ahead and take the risk if it looks good and not too many other people had problems.

Comment

Craigslist is the ****. I buy and sell stuff on it all the time, and generally just browse some of the nonsense on it when I am bored. You can find some gold on the personals section.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
            Concert tickets and hookers in the Erotic Services section.
            How'd that turn out :D

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              How'd that turn out :D
              Well, now I know what T means...

Comment

I would, but I'm always worried that someone is using craigslist to pick out murder victims. And I don't need an old VCR that bad.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                Originally posted by Job
                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

used it to get pens tix last year

no problems

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

You can probably go there and test it out and if you don't like it you can just leave. It's not like you have to buy it if you go there.

Comment

My brother bought a Wii. It worked out for him, but it was risky. Just see if you can try it out first or something.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

To be honest, you're probably better off just getting him to use an Escrow service to collect the money (check what payment method he wants to see if they're traceable).

That way the money comes out of your account to a 3rd party, you get the goods, you check them, he gets his money.

Comment

I bought my PS3 off of Craigslist 3 years ago. I have also bought and sold HDTVs ~ no problems.

You just have to try to investigate the product & try to read the seller the best you can.

Will some people try to screw you over? Well, yes ~ there are ***** everywhere. But most people are just trying to get rid of their stuff.

As far as posters looking for murder victims? I wouldn't worry about it.... just don't get into conversion vans with "Free XBOX 360" spray painted on the side! :)
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

I know a guy who buys all kinds of stuff of of craigslist. He just bought a Mac laptop and it works fine. He buys phones and all kinds of stuff from there and never had no problems. I bought a car off of there for 1,800 and it sucked ass and I want to shoot the guy who sold it to me
                            Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                            Just let it go RWO.
                            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                              I would, but I'm always worried that someone is using craigslist to pick out murder victims. And I don't need an old VCR that bad.
                              Really? I really hope you are joking about that. You probably don't want to be around your family or friends then, because the chance of being killed by someone you know is much higher than the chance of being killed by a stranger.
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information