Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever ordered from Craigslist before?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying things of a CL is one thing...what about meeting people on it? Aren't people afraid to have their kidneys stolen and sold on the black market?

Comment

yup, that site and kijiji, I bought games for my ps3 and stuff. Nothing wrong happened. Edit, you can also add me to that long list of ordering them girls.
      Last edited by PACKmanN; 03-19-2009, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
        Only rule I have for CL is that don't ever deal with anything outside of the US. 99.9% of the time it is a scam...I know from experience.

ex)
        My son is going to school in South Africa I'd love to get this for him. I'll throw in 50 dollars for the shipping. Thanks....then takes you to a fake paypal page that says enter the tracking number to get payment to go through...by that time it's too late and your hosed.

Exact same thing happened to me except I cut off the deal in time. He was from "Nigeria."

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          Exact same thing happened to me except I cut off the deal in time. He was from "Nigeria."
          actually that's were most of them are from because of laws there.

Comment

I go on craigslist all the time just looking at stuff too, been looking at macbooks lately cause i really want one, but theyre so damn expensive. Id rather buy a new one but always look around to find some cheap ones.

Comment

Originally posted by bantx View Post
              been looking at macbooks lately cause i really want one, but theyre so damn expensive.
              that's because macbooks are overpriced and overrated. you can do the same shizz on a PC

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Macs are great for graphics and photography (getting back into it) and I plan on majoring in graphic designing after CC.

Comment

I just got my first macbook for work. Let me say having a back of the operations command line makes everything easy. People who say pc does that same thing are just your average user. Having a Unix based system is great. It provides the visual aspects that people love from windows with the system information from linux....which really makes it the best of both worlds.

I was a mac hater up until last week....so just say don't knock it till you try it lately....it'd been over 10 years since Iwas on my last mac...but they have came around.

The above average computer man would see the pro's to having a mac over the PC.

For the record people like Bantx are not who I am talking about. They are people who are influenced by advertising and lack above average computer knowledge. Only real difference between pc and mac in photography and graphics is that mac os usually comes pre installed with that stuff and windows doesn't....that is not a pro to having a mac imo....because the cost difference already makes that argument NULL.

Comment

Macs are great for graphics and photography (getting back into it) and I plan on majoring in graphic designing after CC.
                    This is a conception I've never understood. Mac's visual abilities aren't above that of PC, so it just comes down to software, and I don't think either has a distinct advantage there.

Macs have their purpose, but their cost is pretty prohibitive.

Anyway, Craigslist.

All deals on Craigslist are risky. If you're going to buy an expensive item, especially something like an XBOX 360 (something that has a long laundry list of potential technical issues that could be motivating the sale), either make sure you can test it out first or ditch Craiglist and try and get one through Ebay, where paypal can give you some protection.

Comment

I think if I was going to spend money on a Mac I would know what Im getting into. Yeah Im spending the extra money on a Mac so what, and I dont see why all the programs that come with Mac cant be used as an advantage. Apple's are always solid built machines one of the thinnest and lightest laptops out.

Macs can do anything a PC can do +more, Ive done my research over this.

The new Macbook Pro 15.4 inch is priced at 2299, the one Im looking into buying.

Specs.
                      Intel Core 2 Duo
                      4GB Memory DD3
                      320GB hard drive
                      NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB
                      Processor up to 2.93GHz ( Im getting the 2.66GHz comes standard)
                      Memory up to 8GB (getting the 4GB)
                      Hard drive 320GB
                      128GB or 256GB solid-state drive
                      Apple LED Cinema Display

Find a computer with the similar specs.

Sony Viao

Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz
                      Screen 18.4"
                      Memory Size 4GB DDR2
                      Hard Disk 250GB
                      BD Combo
                      Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
                      Video Memory 512MB
                      Communication Modem, Gigabit LAN and WLAN
                      Card slot One ExpressCard /34 slot
                      Dimensions 17.2" x 11.4" x 1.45 - 1.56"
                      Weight 8.8 lbs. (with standard capacity battery)

Apple Macbook Pro 15.4" 2299 - Sony VAIO 18" 1699

About a 600 dollar difference,
                      Sony comes with the bigger screen and high resolution

Apple comes with the bigger HD
                      Faster CPU compared at 2.66GHz to 2.4GHz
                      One that I really like is the bright LED LCD screen.
                      You can run both OS X and Windows together.
                      Memory is DD3 compared to Sony's DD2 which means DD3 will reduce the power consumption and offers more bandwidth with the increased clock rate.
                      Longer battery life
                      Weight, Mac 15.4 weighs 5.5 lbs, the 17inch weighs 6.6 lbs compared to the sony an 8.8 lb a 2-3 pound deference.
                      Thiner the MacBook like I said before one of the thinest laptops out compared to the bulkiness of the VAIO.

There are both Pros and Cons to each of its own, but for my own personal preference I will go with the Mac.

You can call me bias but Ive used PCs for a long time, until I got into photography and taking classes for 3 years used nothing but Macs, I have experience with both.

What got me is and Ive said it multiple times is the weight, size, and of course the Macbook looks real nice.

So dont go around saying Im just another guy influenced by the marketing of Apple, Ive done my research for a long time. I dont go and want something without knowing what Im getting into.

Also a deal at the Apple store purchase an Apple computer/laptop get Adobe CS4 for free.
                      Last edited by bantx; 03-19-2009, 05:07 AM.

Comment

i bought my car on craigslist.
                        i also met my ex boyfriend on craigslist (who bought tickets to go see with honor from me)
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                          i bought my car on craigslist.
                          i also met my ex boyfriend on craigslist (who bought tickets to go see with honor from me)
                          ;-) ok, I'm sure thats what he bought...

:-D
                          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                            ;-) ok, I'm sure thats what he bought...

:-D
                            HAR HAR.

not funny. go to sleep.

http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

I think if I was going to spend money on a Mac I would know what Im getting into. Yeah Im spending the extra money on a Mac so what, and I dont see why all the programs that come with Mac cant be used as an advantage. Apple's are always solid built machines one of the thinnest and lightest laptops out.

Macs can do anything a PC can do +more, Ive done my research over this.

The new Macbook Pro 15.4 inch is priced at 2299, the one Im looking into buying.

Specs.
                              Intel Core 2 Duo
                              4GB Memory DD3
                              320GB hard drive
                              NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB
                              Processor up to 2.93GHz ( Im getting the 2.66GHz comes standard)
                              Memory up to 8GB (getting the 4GB)
                              Hard drive 320GB
                              128GB or 256GB solid-state drive
                              Apple LED Cinema Display

Find a computer with the similar specs.

Sony Viao

Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHz
                              Screen 18.4"
                              Memory Size 4GB DDR2
                              Hard Disk 250GB
                              BD Combo
                              Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
                              Video Memory 512MB
                              Communication Modem, Gigabit LAN and WLAN
                              Card slot One ExpressCard /34 slot
                              Dimensions 17.2" x 11.4" x 1.45 - 1.56"
                              Weight 8.8 lbs. (with standard capacity battery)

Apple Macbook Pro 15.4" 2299 - Sony VAIO 18" 1699

About a 600 dollar difference,
                              Sony comes with the bigger screen and high resolution

Apple comes with the bigger HD
                              Faster CPU compared at 2.66GHz to 2.4GHz
                              One that I really like is the bright LED LCD screen.
                              You can run both OS X and Windows together.
                              Memory is DD3 compared to Sony's DD2 which means DD3 will reduce the power consumption and offers more bandwidth with the increased clock rate.
                              Longer battery life
                              Weight, Mac 15.4 weighs 5.5 lbs, the 17inch weighs 6.6 lbs compared to the sony an 8.8 lb a 2-3 pound deference.
                              Thiner the MacBook like I said before one of the thinest laptops out compared to the bulkiness of the VAIO.

There are both Pros and Cons to each of its own, but for my own personal preference I will go with the Mac.

You can call me bias but Ive used PCs for a long time, until I got into photography and taking classes for 3 years used nothing but Macs, I have experience with both.

What got me is and Ive said it multiple times is the weight, size, and of course the Macbook looks real nice.

So dont go around saying Im just another guy influenced by the marketing of Apple, Ive done my research for a long time. I dont go and want something without knowing what Im getting into.

Also a deal at the Apple store purchase an Apple computer/laptop get Adobe CS4 for free.
                              You truly have no idea what I was talking about. Hardware is almost plug and play these days on laptops. Why the hell would you compare them when I was talking about mostly backend OS operation.

My point is you want a mac because of advertising and the name.....looks cool isn't a reason it is better haha it just appeals to you.

Doing your research on hardware is not a reason to buy a mac I'm sorry. You probably don't even understand the differences between a unix based os and windows based.....so don't come in here posting stats of computers with RAM!!111!! DDR3>DDR2 because the name is bigger. I don't even think computers can utilize DDR3 yet....and while it's a nice preplanner...seems like wasting money to me.

Don't take this the wrong way....I'm really not talking down to you...I'm just saying you completely missed the point of my post...and replied with stupid stuff that a 9th grade computer tech student could decipher.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                                HAR HAR.

not funny. go to sleep.

You opened yourself up to that one. Not saying something would be like seeing a hundred dollar bill on the ground and just leaving it there.
                                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information