Riddle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddle

Alright guys, this riddle's driving me nuts, and I can't really find an answer anywhere. Supposedly everything comes together, and this is the riddle verbatim so the different language and whatnot is significant. Any thoughts?

The riddle is:

A man had a dollar. He spent 80 cents for a drum and 10 cents for 2 drumsticks. He gave a streetcar driver a dime to drive him 13 blocks. On the tenth block they kicked him out. Why?

Hint: I tell you the answer every time I say the riddle.

EDIT: Supposedly it's from like WW2 times, so wouldn't have anything contemporary in it.
    Last edited by derza222; 03-24-2009, 12:31 AM.

He was playing the drum?

Comment

Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      Alright guys, this riddle's driving me nuts, and I can't really find an answer anywhere. Supposedly everything comes together, and this is the riddle verbatim so the different language and whatnot is significant. Any thoughts?

The riddle is:

A man had a dollar. He spent 80 cents for a drum and 10 cents for 2 drumsticks. He gave a streetcar driver a dime to drive him 13 blocks. On the tenth block they kicked him out. Why?

He played his drum and the other people on the streetcar are the ones who kicked him off of it.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        He was playing the drum?
        Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
        He played his drum and the other people on the streetcar are the ones who kicked him off of it.
        I thought of that, and it's gotta be too simple. Supposedly the whole thing comes together...

Comment

I thought of that, and it's gotta be too simple. Supposedly the whole thing comes together...
          Well it does say 'they kicked him off', so obviously the passengers of the street car kicked him off. I would think it has to do with his drum, either him playing or it taking up room or something.

Comment

Alright this riddle is ******* with me.

Comment

Lots of things I don't get given it all comes together. Why does he give the driver a dime and not ten cents like the earlier things? Why does he want to go 13 blocks, and get kicked out after 10? What's the significance of the "they"? And wtf does the hint have to do with everything?

Comment

The riddle is:

Maybe "drum" means a drum of whiskey and the "drumsticks" mean chicken drumsticks.

No food or booze on the bus.

srs

Comment

10 cents for 2 drumsticks
                  For each or both? I doubt it's even relevant, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Strongside View Post
                    Maybe "drum" means a drum of whiskey and the "drumsticks" mean chicken drumsticks.

No food or booze on the bus.

srs
                    Thought of that one too, but why after 10 blocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                      For each or both? I doubt it's even relevant, but still.
                      I wondered the same thing, but if it's 10 cents for each then how does he get the dime to the driver?

Comment

because it is a penny a block and he didn't have anymore money to go 3 more blocks?

I think it has to do with money.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          because it is a penny a block and he didn't have anymore money to go 3 more blocks?

I think it has to do with money.
                          But he gave him a dime to drive him 13 blocks, so it seems that they agreed that was the fare for that particular distance... I definitely think the money comes into play though.

Comment

he has 1 dollar

$.10 per block

after 10 kicked blocks he's kicked out

Comment

I regret opening this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information