Traveler's Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveler's Thread

I have been searching on this board for anything related to travel, and since we have so many members from various places, I was figuring that this would be a good thread to create.

It's for people who are either a) traveling to another city and want to know what there is to do, eat and see there or b) intending or wanting to go to another city and want to know what to do, eat and see there.

I'm starting this thread up because I'm traveling to Philadelphia with a friend of mine and want to know what there is to do and see around there. Also, what are the best places to eat (I don't even want to consider eating at a franchise joint).

If this has already been posted, can someone just refer me to the appropriate thread or board.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    Show me your Wang, if you will.

There is probably about a 50/50 chance that I'm moving to Roanoke, Virginia this fall. I've never been there (it's a long story) so I am curious as to what it's like.

Comment

Well I know Philadelphia, what do you wanna know? Also, how old are you?

Comment

Going down to Palm Beach, FL this spring break with my family. Anything to recommended?

Comment

I'll add in some place I've been recently.

University of Delaware - I visited a friend there a couple nights ago. Great time, very easy to meet people even at 3 in the morning. Everyone is very open and outgoing and willing to invite you back to hang out in the dorms. I would recommend stopping at the DP Doughs as your drunk food place though. Be prepared to walk a lot though.

West Virginia University - Great, Great, Great place. 18 to enter a lot of the places, I recommend Shooters or Cabanas and if you're 21 go to The Lizard. If you go to a club where its 18 to enter and you're not 21, it wont matter. At Cabana, they have shot girls. Beware of them because those shots are about half alcohol at best but theyre only a buck. Best food there is either Rusty Musket or the oh so popular, (down there) Casa pizza.

Indianapolis, IN - Went there for school, kind of. It was me and a friend. Very businesslike town. Don't expect there to be a lot to do but do check out the mall. Steak and Shake is your best bet for late late night grub other than Houlihans. Wouldn't recommend unless you're there on business.

Comment

Ok. So what? I've been to a few college towns.

University of Maryland - Fake ID central. I used a buddys fake Id that didnt even look like me and it worked. I liked it a lot there at Thirsty Turtle but not much of a dance floor. I suggest bringing some girls you know or the chances of you hooking up are slim. Girls down there play hard to get. The Chinese food across the street is only 9 bucks for a take home box and you serve yourself. People go crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
              Well I know Philadelphia, what do you wanna know? Also, how old are you?
              Well both me and my friend are 20, so we wanted to know places to hangout, clubs, hotspots, etc. I also really don't know anyone that goes to college down there, except for someone who is a 45 minute train ride away, so thats a nogo. Also, good eats (I already know about Pat's and Gino's those spots are going to get visited)

I'll add in some place I've been recently.
              West Virginia University - Great, Great, Great place. 18 to enter a lot of the places, I recommend Shooters or Cabanas and if you're 21 go to The Lizard. If you go to a club where its 18 to enter and you're not 21, it wont matter. At Cabana, they have shot girls. Beware of them because those shots are about half alcohol at best but theyre only a buck. Best food there is either Rusty Musket or the oh so popular, (down there) Casa pizza.
              Seems like WVU is the place to visit

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Lived in Pittsburgh for a year and its a GREAT and let me repeat GREAT drinking city. Its dirt cheap to drink anywhere, the locals are ridiculously friendly and loved my THICK NY Accent..... Late night grub has one of the BEST spots in the world at Primanti's sweet sandwiches with cole slaw and fries on em.... IF youre in the burgh you GOTTA go there
                LOUD & PROUD

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Comment

Im from NYC (BK) and we could have a whole thread dedicated on where 2 go in NYC
                  LOUD & PROUD

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Comment

I'm looking at universities, preferably those that offer marketing and advertising mayors... And preferably some that only require like 2 or 3 at most science courses throughout high school (I only took 4)

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                      Well both me and my friend are 20, so we wanted to know places to hangout, clubs, hotspots, etc. I also really don't know anyone that goes to college down there, except for someone who is a 45 minute train ride away, so thats a nogo. Also, good eats (I already know about Pat's and Gino's those spots are going to get visited)
                      Tony Luke's and Jon's Roast Pork are as good as it gets for eats, plus they're within 10 minutes of each other.

Sig by Me

Comment

Philadelphia is really a 21+ city. If your 21 or got a fake well you will have an awesome time bar hoping, and eating on south street. Rittenhouse square, Washington Park, center city are great places to walk around at night.

As far as colleges go, either there are club parties or house parties that you might have trouble finding. You'll need tokens or car to travel from college to college. Temple is an place to find college house parties, just be careful when leaving at night. You might have to walk around the neighborhoods to find parties, you'll see a line or a guy holding a bunch of red cups at the door that when you know you found a place.

West Philadelphia or University City is a great place to be if you don't want to worry about getting robbed, as much. UPenn frat house=mansions compared to rest of college frat houses.

Also to get to spots to eat you'll need a car.

Comment

Ok. So what? I've been to a few college towns.

University of Maryland - Fake ID central. I used a buddys fake Id that didnt even look like me and it worked. I liked it a lot there at Thirsty Turtle but not much of a dance floor. I suggest bringing some girls you know or the chances of you hooking up are slim. Girls down there play hard to get. The Chinese food across the street is only 9 bucks for a take home box and you serve yourself. People go crazy.
                          I can co-sign all over this.

Once my friends' brother got stamped at the Thirsty Turtle he passed his ID back and we used it to get in (and I'm a senior in high school LOL). Don't try to play that stuff in DC/Adams Morgan though, they'll get the cops on you. Actually, hopefully, I'm going down to CP this weekend.
                          Last edited by skinzzfan25; 03-25-2009, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post

Seems like WVU is the place to visit
                            Are you visiting anyone? Philly is a city where you need to be 21 to have a good time at night. Go to Byrnes Tavern, get the wings and a hot roast beef. Its in Port Richmond. You need a car to get around that far though or be sure to have a lot of cash for cabs. South Street has a lot of live rock bands play on weekends and stuff if youre into that.

Comment

Are you visiting anyone? Philly is a city where you need to be 21 to have a good time at night. Go to Byrnes Tavern, get the wings and a hot roast beef. Its in Port Richmond. You need a car to get around that far though or be sure to have a lot of cash for cabs. South Street has a lot of live rock bands play on weekends and stuff if youre into that.
                              Also you can go to Show N Tell ahaah

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information