Good Football Books?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Football Books?

So I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for a good football book? I just finished Meat Market by Bruce Feldman, and that was a good read. I have already read Next Man Up by John Feinstein and The Blind Side by Michael Lewis. I recommend any of those books if you havent read them.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

I'm currently reading Jim Tressel's Winner's Manual. It has been a very cool read for "life"

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Comment

Im currently reading Twelve Mighty Orphans

Comment

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's being made into a movie now too, they just started filming it. I hope it doesn't suck because the book is amazing.

Comment

If you want a quick easy read, I recommend Playing For pizza.
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

When the Game Stands Tall...

You may recognize the running back on the front cover.

Comment

Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

I don't know of a specific book, but I plan to read a biography on "the father of American football": Walter Camp. I'd like to learn how he went about evolving rugby into a new kind of football unique to the States. Just the fact that he invented American football automatically means he ruled.

Comment

I don't know if your into biographys, but Barry Sander's is pretty legit. Being a guy who never speaks out or makes a scene, it's pretty interesting to read all about his life and high school/college/ and NFL days.

Comment

My personal favorite is Friday Night Lights

I have heard from several people that Instant Replay by Jerry Kramer is very good

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          When the Game Stands Tall...

You may recognize the running back on the front cover.
                          Keak da sneak!?

Comment

Only book you need. Cane Mutiny: How the Miami Hurricanes overturned the football establishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post

Only book you need. Cane Mutiny: How the Miami Hurricanes overturned the football establishment.
                              I'm looking at that book right now, reading it for the 4th time right now.

There are some tremendous stories in there, Cane fans or not.
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information