Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is everyone Conficker safe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is everyone Conficker safe?

    http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/132...5eucY9jQ4azJV4

    Apparently nasty virus thats set to go off at midnight tonight. I updated my Norton Security at least....anyone else know of anything I should do?

  • #2
    Theres nothing really you can do besides that I think. It could already be on your computer and if it manages to get through your anti-virus will be no use. If it is true just join the millions of people who will get ****Ed

    Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
      Theres nothing really you can do besides that I think. It could already be on your computer and if it manages to get through your anti-virus will be no use. If it is true just join the millions of people who will get ****Ed
      I'm trying hard to avoid being amongst those millions of people, lol.

      In about a decade or so of having a computer, I've only ever had one virus problem and it was a doozee. I'd really like to avoid that again....

      Plus I have to schedule for class tomorrow afternoon and I will be seriously PISSED if my internet isn't working for that....

      Comment


      • #4
        It's a new version of an already existing virus, so make sure you don't already have Conflicker B.

        Sig by Hitman D.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nrk View Post
          It's a new version of an already existing virus, so make sure you don't already have Conflicker B.
          Well I'm scanning right now and other than one "tracking cookie" nothing is coming up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            Well I'm scanning right now and other than one "tracking cookie" nothing is coming up.
            It prevents you from booting into safe mode so that's a sure fire test (according to yahoo anyway).

            Sig by Hitman D.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm part of the,

              **Not worried about conficker base**

              >_>

              Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

              Comment


              • #8
                Here is update microsoft recommends:
                http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS08-067.mspx

                Comment


                • #9
                  mac > PC....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                    mac > PC....
                    Wrong, Linux > Leopard > Windows. PC > Mac.

                    Sig by Hitman D.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      at least i can double click stuff!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If my computer explodes when the clock strikes Midnight, I just want to say, I love you all.


                        Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                          mac > PC....
                          dammmmmmmmmmmmmmn right!

                          Sig by BoneKrusher
                          Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
                            If my computer explodes when the clock strikes Midnight, I just want to say, I love you all.
                            i love you too man! no ****

                            Sig by BoneKrusher
                            Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              is there a gayer phrase than no ****?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information