No announcement yet.

The 2009 NBA Mock Lottery Show - Part V released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I completely hated the Gallinari pick last year, and still do... I would absolutely love Ricky Rubio, if the Knicks managed to get him, I would start to care about what the Knicks did again, because right now I am a fan who could not careless what that team is doing. I was unfucking believably pissed at D'Antoni for taking Gallinari.

If David Lee develops a decent mid-range shot, we get Ricky Rubio, and Gallinari proves me wrong we'd have the a great young solid corp. and starting corp. of white guys lol.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
      I'm enjoying what your doing here D-Unit, it is quite imaginative to say the least. If the Knicks wind up in any way possible with Ricky Rubio, I will cry tears of joy. The best PG prospect in the world at this time, and has been compared to players from Walt Frazier to Steve Nash. He would also give us a legitimate backup PG, because Nasty Nate just doesn't distribute the ball well enough to be a PG. Like stated before, I would love the pick, but I don't think Rubio will make himself eligible for the draft.
      I'm glad you're enjoying it. It was fun. Rubio is the kind of guy D'Antoni would go for like the Bears went for Cutler.

Comment

go part 5!

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
          You needed Walton to call the Jennings pick, "The worst pick... in the HISTORY of Western Civilization. To see a once proud team like the Kings make this move is disheartening, really. The Maloofs have lost their minds, and this team will not escape the NBA cellar for at least another decade and a half."
          Yeah, probably could've dramatized it a lot more. Nobody is talking about Jennings going that high. But really... Sacramento is the only team that "I think" would be willing to pull the trigger on a decision like that. I wouldn't give Jennings to any team picking #2.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            go part 5!
            Alright Excitement!!! Ask and you shall receive...

Part V

Mike Tirico: OK, so let's recap the picks so far:

1. F Blake Griffin, Washington Wizards

2. PG Brandon Jennings, Sacramento Kings

3. C Hasheem Thabeet, LA Clippers

4. PG Ricky Rubio, NY Knicks via trade with the Memphis Grizzlies

5. SG James Harden, Oklahoma City Thunder

6. G Tyreke Evans, Minnesota Timberwolves

7. PF Ed Davis, Milwaukee Bucks via trade with Golden State Warriors

8. PF Jordan Hill, Toronto Raptors

9. SG DeMar DeRozan, Memphis Grizzlies via trade with the NY Knicks

Bill Walton: I love the excitement that draft day brings. Fans from all teams think of this day like a second Christmas. And just like Christmas, some fans will be delighted with toys straight from their Christmas list, while others will soon find out their presents are nothing but hard coal.

Jalen Rose: A classic Bill Walton special there folks. *a hearty chuckle from all across the room*

Stephen A. Smith: The 10th pick of the draft is owned by the New Jersey Nets. I'm really excited to see who Jay-Z and his posse are going to select here. I'm going to go out on a limb and say one of Rick Pitino's Louisville Sluggers are going to get taken here.

Mike Tirico: Looks like we're about to find out now. Let's listen to the Commissioner.

With the 10th pick of the 2009 NBA Draft, the New Jersey Nets select
            Guard Terrence Williams, University of Louisville.

Dicky V: SER-EN-DIPITY BABY!!! T-Will is a tenacious beast! An extremely hard worker who did everything the right way. He'll be the first person in his family to graduate with a college degree. A classic example for young kids to look up to. Coming into the season nobody would've guessed that Terrence Williams would be a first rounder, much less a Top 10 pick! Coached by the great Rick Pitino at the University of Louisville, Terrence truly got to experience everything the college game had to offer. I'm sure he wouldn't have given up his experience for anything. He really exceled this year and took his game to another level. He's now an NBA ready player. Big props to the Nets for selecting this great young ambassador of the NCAA college basketball game.

Chad Ford: Terrence Williams is what I call a "high riser". Every year we have a couple of players that really separate themselves during the draft evaluation process based off their extreme athleticism and explosiveness. Last year it was Joe Alexander, this year Terrence Williams put on a show everywhere he went. His measureables were off the charts. Every GM I spoke to could not stop raving about him. There are a lot of upset teams right now at this selection. Most were hoping for him be available in the 14-20 range. Now they will have to look elsewhere.

D-Unit's Analysis: Terrence Williams in the Top 10? Terrence Williams the first Louisville player taken? You might be thinking I'm high. This is a legit projection fellahs. Most sites like NBADraft.net and DraftExpress.com have T-Will going 25 and 16 respectively. ESPN's Chad Ford has him ranked #24 in his Top 100. I really don't care. I absolutely love him as a player and I think NBA teams will see that he projects as a big success on the next level. Even though that youtube clip only showed his dunking abilities, Williams is much more than that and will be much more than that. His defense really stands out to me and I think he's one of the special defensive stoppers in this draft. He is also a really good passer... so good that often times his teammates don't expect to get the ball, when they get it. He is a good enough dribbler that he can bring the ball up court against a press defense. The big question people have with him is his outside shot, but I only see him getting better and better in that department and it's not half bad to start off with anyways. Who I like to compare him to is Andre Iguodala.

Jalen Rose: We have Jay-Z waiting on the line here to explain to us why the Nets made this pick.

So what's the story behind this, Jay-Z?

Jay-Z: Hey Jalen, it's good to be here on ESPN talking with you guys. The reason why we went with Terrence Williams was because we saw a special talent. We saw an NBA ready body. We saw elite athleticism already graded above many existing NBA players. He also put it all together in his Senior year at Louisville and proved to us on film that he can play the game. We love his swagger and attitude. He can play offense, defense and we saw how Rick Pitino could control the flow of the game by facilitating the ball through him. We still believe Vince can lead this team, but we can't afford to take our time developing players around him. Additionally, Vince's clock is ticking and his knees are already not like they used to be. T-Will is going to be a big part of the future of the Nets.

Mike Tirico: Thanks for spending the time to talk with us Jay-Z.

Rick Bucher: We now have the final details of the Milwaukee / Golden State trade.

Milwaukee receives:

7th pick of the draft, used to select PF Ed Davis
            PG Jamal Crawford

Golden State receives:

12th pick of the draft
            F Charlie Villanueva

I really think this trade helps both sides. Milwaukee gets the PF that they sought after and a tall PG with outside range to compliment Ramon Sessions. Golden State gets a big man who fits perfectly playing "Nellie Ball" and will be able to have an immediate impact for Don Nelson before he ends his career.

Mike Tirico: Moving right along, next up are the Indiana Pacers with the 11th pick. Magic, you've been awfully quiet there. Where do you think your old nemesis, Larry Bird goes with this pick?

Magic Johnson: I know Larry really well. We're like brothers. So I can be honest when I say this. Larry has not done a good job as GM for the Pacers. He simply has not been successful there. I'm sure he thought when he first took the job that that team would've been farther along at this point. What will he do here? He's a tough guy to predict. I know that. He might do something that will surprise some folks.

Stephen A. Smith: Magic, you're too kind with your word. Quite Frankly, Larry Bird is a TERRRRRILBLE GM! He's taken that team backwards since he took over. It's really a big mess. If not for getting lucky with the Danny Granger pick, they're probably picking in the Top 3.

Mike Tirico: Well, let's see. I'm getting word that the Commissioner is on his way down to the podium. Let's take a short Commercial Break here and we'll bring you back when the Commissioner is ready to announce the pick.

*Commercial Break*

Mike Tirico: Back we are and here is Commissioner Stern ready to announce the pick.

With the 11th pick of the 2009 NBA Draft, the Indiana Pacers select
            Forward Al-Farouq Aminu, Wake Forest University.

Stephen A. Smith: This pick baffles me. Once again, Larry Bird disappoints me. Sure Aminu is fine young promising player, but he plays the same position as Mike Dunleavy who you pay $10M+ to annually AND Danny Granger...your Franchise player! You won't catch me like this very often, but I'm at a lost for words.

Mike Tirico: Chad, any thoughts on why Larry Bird went here with this pick?

Chad Ford: Can't say that I completely agree with the pick other than saying Aminu has great value at this point in the draft. If Larry is looking for the best talent left on the board, then Aminu is arguably the best raw talent available. There are better more established players, but Aminu has a really high ceiling. However, that said... I almost wonder if this is a repeat of the Shawne Williams selection Larry Bird made in the 2006 draft. We all know how that panned out.

Mike Tirico: Thanks Chad. Interesting thoughts. Let's talk to the man of the hour, Al-Farouq Aminu. He has just finished shaking the Commissioner's hand and is sitting down with Suzy Kolber near the stage.

*Suzy is discussing her wardrobe falfunction not knowing she's on the air*

Suzy Kolber: Hey Eric (ESPN backstage coordinator), is this dress as transparent on camera as it is in real life. I'm looking at myself now and I can't go on the air. I didn't realize the light shined through my dress so easily. I'm not wearing a bra.

Eric (ESPN backstage coordinator): Too late Suzy! You're LIVE! GO! GO! GO!

Suzy Kolber: We're live?! Hello Pacers fans! I'm sitting here now with the newest member of your team, Al-Farouq Aminu who hails from Wake Forest Universtiy. Al-Farouq... I hope I'm pronouncing that right... How did you feel being selected by the Pacers?

Al-Farouq Aminu: It's an unbelievable feeling! Just knowing that my life long dream has finally come true at that moment. I just don't have any words to describe it. This is the best moment of my life. I'm really thankful that the Pacers decided to pick me. I know I can come in and help them out right away. Whether that's as a starter or coming off the bench.

Suzy Kolber: Interesting that you brought that up. How do you feel knowing that there are two established players there at the same position you play in Mike Dunleavy and Danny Granger?

Al-Farouq Aminu: I'm just ready to come in and learn. I know those guys can play multiple positions and so can I. I'm sure there's a reason why they took me and I know God has a purpose for me.

Suzy Kolber: I'm sure you'll fit in nicely. Thank you for spending the time with us today. Just bring donuts to your first practice and you'll be fine.

Al-Farouq Aminu: Thanks for the "pointers", Suzy. ;)

*Suzy looks down at her nipples and quickly rushes back to her waredrobe*

D-Unit's Analysis: AFA is a pure baller. I still think he's extremely raw, but he is so smooth and makes the game look effortless. He's a guy who has a deep toolset. He has the skills to play 3 positions in the NBA and maybe even 4 in some systems. Kind of like a Boris Diaw. His name, Al-Farouq means "the chief has arrived"... and it's certainly fitting here.

*Commercial Break*

Last edited by D-Unit; 04-03-2009, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Should I finish this???

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                Although I completely hated the Gallinari pick last year, and still do... I would absolutely love Ricky Rubio, if the Knicks managed to get him, I would start to care about what the Knicks did again, because right now I am a fan who could not careless what that team is doing. I was unfucking believably pissed at D'Antoni for taking Gallinari.

If David Lee develops a decent mid-range shot, we get Ricky Rubio, and Gallinari proves me wrong we'd have the a great young solid corp. and starting corp. of white guys lol.
                A) D'Antoni didn't pick gallo, that one was on walsh with a positive scouting report from Isiah
                B) Gallo's the smartest knick right now, our best shooter and our best passer. Just had successful surgery on his back today and should be completely healthy by TC. Kid's almost seven feet tall and is probably our best Point right now. PLus his man D was a lot better than expected and he's a good help defender. I didn't really like the gallo pick when it went down, but what he showed in TC and italy, my buddy got me some tapes of gallo's from his uncle in turin, has turned me into a huge fan. Kid is so basketball smart and has that type of special fire that the great players have, I think in time gallo will become Lamar Odom with a better head on his shoulders.
                C) I love me some Lee, but he's such a mediocre defender and really should be a PF, but won't be a starter there down the line with Gallo and Ill WIll taking over the forward spots, that I'm not really sure how long he'll remain a knick. This summer he needs to put on a lot of muscle to be able to handle playing C, have you not watched them this year, David has developed a mid-range J and there was word that this summer he planned on developing a three point shot.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Should I finish this???
                  Yes you should, you have done a great job on this. Props for all the hard work.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

Should I finish this???
                    I have enjoyed reading this. You should finish it.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                      A) D'Antoni didn't pick gallo, that one was on walsh with a positive scouting report from Isiah
                      B) Gallo's the smartest knick right now, our best shooter and our best passer. Just had successful surgery on his back today and should be completely healthy by TC. Kid's almost seven feet tall and is probably our best Point right now. PLus his man D was a lot better than expected and he's a good help defender. I didn't really like the gallo pick when it went down, but what he showed in TC and italy, my buddy got me some tapes of gallo's from his uncle in turin, has turned me into a huge fan. Kid is so basketball smart and has that type of special fire that the great players have, I think in time gallo will become Lamar Odom with a better head on his shoulders.
                      C) I love me some Lee, but he's such a mediocre defender and really should be a PF, but won't be a starter there down the line with Gallo and Ill WIll taking over the forward spots, that I'm not really sure how long he'll remain a knick. This summer he needs to put on a lot of muscle to be able to handle playing C, have you not watched them this year, David has developed a mid-range J and there was word that this summer he planned on developing a three point shot.
                      Are you saying D'Antoni gets no credit for this pick and that Gallo would have been the pick if Isaiah was still there? Just seems odd. Walsh taking advice from the guy he fired... hmmm....

And even though D'Antoni played basketball on the same team with Gallinari's father for many year's in Italy... and have extremely close ties...

I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that Gallinari was Isaiah's pick relayed to Walsh and that D'Antoni sat on a log and watched it unfold that way by happenstance.

Comment

Are you saying D'Antoni gets no credit for this pick and that Gallo would have been the pick if Isaiah was still there? Just seems odd. Walsh taking advice from the guy he fired... hmmm....

And even though D'Antoni played basketball on the same team with Gallinari's father for many year's in Italy... and have extremely close ties...

I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that Gallinari was Isaiah's pick relayed to Walsh and that D'Antoni sat on a log and watched it unfold that way by happenstance.
                        Isiah is still a "consultant" for the knicks. So he still is with the organization cause of dolan pretty much. He is pretty much a knicks scout since the draft is the only thing he was good at.

Comment

hmm Williams. very interesting pick, and I surprisingly like it. He's a good talent and pretty good fit and perfect need wise
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Walsh had a number of our scouts, including Isiah, watch gallo before Mike D even came aboard. Mike himself has admitted to having not seen much of the kid play and it was walsh who sold him on gallo instead of mike convincing walsh to pick gallo. It wasn't Isiah's pick, but Isiah scouted him and had him as our second best option after eric gordon. I'd hate to have to go back through various archives to find them but through interviews with walsh and d'antoni that's how it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                              Isiah is still a "consultant" for the knicks. So he still is with the organization cause of dolan pretty much. He is pretty much a knicks scout since the draft is the only thing he was good at.
                              I thought Isaiah was only a consultant in title because he has dirty laundry on everyone. I didn't think they actually took his advice still.

So you too think D'Antoni wasn't a big influence on the Gallinari pick?

How are the Knicks making their picks then... through Isaiah? Does D'Antoni clash at all? Is he ok being a voice on the back burner? Does he and Isaiah communicate often? Are they on the same page? Does Isaiah make picks to fit D'Antoni's philosophy? If so, what makes him more qualified to make those decisions than D'Antoni himself? Is Isaiah still then an acting GM? I just don't see how Isaiah gets credit here. Walsh and Dolan don't get involved? What's the pecking order here?

Someone please explain. Thank you.

Comment

I thought Isaiah was only a consultant in title because he has dirty laundry on everyone. I didn't think they actually took his advice still.

So you too think D'Antoni wasn't a big influence on the Gallinari pick?

How are the Knicks making their picks then... through Isaiah? Does D'Antoni clash at all? Is he ok being a voice on the back burner? Does he and Isaiah communicate often? Are they on the same page? Does Isaiah make picks to fit D'Antoni's philosophy? If so, what makes him more qualified to make those decisions than D'Antoni himself? Is Isaiah still then an acting GM? I just don't see how Isaiah gets credit here. Walsh and Dolan don't get involved? What's the pecking order here?

Someone please explain. Thank you.
                                Walsh is in charge, Isiah is a scout with a fancy title because dolan doesn't want to buy out his contract. Walsh sends isiah to scout players, just like he does all of our other scouts. He doesn't give advice, he just reports on the players he's sent to watch. Walsh and D'Antoni communicate, but generally Mike stays out of roster management and Walsh consults him to make sure players fit our team when he's making moves.

And Dolan sits in his office with his thumbs up his ass "because he's loyal", read "because he's clueless" and isn't involved at all. The man signs checks and stays out of the way.
                                Last edited by Mr. Hero; 04-07-2009, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information